Hip Infection Mireille's New Hip<

@Mireille you always make me laugh. Just before my surgery I bought an electric blanket for the bed so the total blanket weight would be less on my hip. I thought my husband would hate it as he hates being warm, but it turned out he loves it. Fast forward to after surgery when I'm surrounded by ice 24/7. Electric blanket causes the ice melts faster. So I need to leave the blanket turned off an we're just cold. lol :ice:
Thanks for cheering me up about the walker. I know everyone's journey is different and I need to keep in mind how far I've come. My pity party is now officially over.:wave:
I'm glad you were able to get outside. I guess it would be a lot different because the ground would not be as smooth as indoors. I'm sure within a couple of days you'll have it mastered.
Enjoy the Florida sunshine! It's pouring rain here today, but at least it's warming up--we just might get spring yet. Hooray! :flwrysmile:
 
Happy two week anniversary! @Mireille
It sounds as though you're doing well....practicing with the cane already, yay!
I'll bet your home feels quiet since your company left. I can imagine feeling
more relaxed not being in hostess mode. I hope your evening is peaceful!
 
Hello hipsters, so today I went for my 2 week post op and everything looks well. I finally got to see my incision and my new hip, it looks all smooth and new. There is no sign of infection, thank God, and I have to do outpatient therapy 2x a wk for 4 weeks. He's happy with my progress and I don't have to see him for another 4 weeks. Overall I'm happy with outcome. Still a lot of work and healing to do but moving in the right direction.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Mireille's New Hip<
 
@Mireille your incision looks great! and so small that once it's completely healed you'll hardly see it. So happy there was no infection. :dancy:You'll be better than new before you know it! How was the new bed? Did you sleep better?
 
@hipster333 Thanks! It's swollen but he said that's normal. It feels weird without the dressing, I find myself babying the hip a little more, must be mental.

The new bed comes Saturday, can't wait. My back is killing me, lol
 
Great doctor visit @Mireille
Your incision looks like it's healing nicely. It's comforting to hear all looks good and your progress
is on track. How exciting...a new comfy cozy bed to look forward to in a couple of days!
Hope the rest of your week is great!
 
@Mireille now I know what you mean about it feeling weird without the dressing. I don't even really want to look at mine because there is one spot where it's lumpy and bugs me. I cleaned it and put some vitamin e on tonight. I've seen a couple of people on here massage it in to their incision to help with the healing and my OS suggested the same thing. Only two more sleeps until you get the new bed. I'm so excited for you! How did today go? Hopefully you didn't push yourself too hard. I think I may try the cane around the house a bit over the weekend when my husband is home and see how it goes. Feeling much stronger today even though I'm tired. Enjoy your evening! :friends:
 
So happy for great report. Looking good at just over a month.
Hope bed helps with back.
Wishing you a good day!
 
Hi @Mireille
Hope you're still doing well since your two week doctor visit on Wednesday.
Wondering if the rash is clearing and how PT is going...if you've started?
One more night in the old bed, then out with the old, in with the new :yes!:
Hopefully you sleep like a baby :sleep:
A great weekend to you.
 
:hi: @hipster333 Well, I've been exhausted. Went a little crazy and cleaned the majority of my house. I sat a lot in between but boy am I sore. :dead:

I got way too excited about the new bed coming tomorrow and my OCD kicked in, can't let delivery people see a "dirty" house. What if they need to use the bathroom, or take a shower... I know, I'm a lunatic!! :dubious:

Anyway, finally finished and lounging with ice and a bottle of wine. I know, I should have had pills today but I skipped them all today so I can have some wine.

I'm going to stop buy your thread and check up on you. Hope you are having a great day!

@MammaT @Walkinginthesand @AgilityDog @Mascaramom Cheers to all for a weekend of no pain and full of great hip recoveries.:martini:
 
bahahaha @Mireille I would have done the same thing--which is why I can't buy anything for a couple of more weeks. :rotfl: I would hate for the delivery man to need to take a shower and find it dirty--you are too funny! I needed that tonight. Hopefully you don't pay for all of that cleaning too much. Look at you cleaning your house and I'm excited about trying out the cane tomorrow. I need to get my act together. :giggle: Enjoy your wine, you've definitely earned it. :cheers2:
 
@Mireille do you have a camera in my house? We took an outing today to buy a new bed. How do I say this delicately and with love?... my husband has taken great care of us for 5 weeks but our bedroom has been my oasis/messy. How can I have delivery men know I have such a mess???? I may have to go hide in the other end of the house. :bolt:
 
@Walkinginthesand You found the camera? Oops...:rotfl: Run....

Funny you mention the bedroom because mine is messy and that is the room I didn't get to. Does that make sense? :heehee: I hate anything that has to do with clothes (except shopping). I have piles of clothes on top of my bedroom chair. Will just have my son take them and put them in the guest room. For now. :loll:

I totally understand about your husband, mine has been great too and I know it hasn't been easy for him having to put up with me. Heck, sometimes I can't deal with myself:rofsign:We celebrated our 27th anniversary a week ago and I told him "I bet you didn't think twice about that sickness and in health thing when we got married". He claims he doesn't remember that line. :rotfl:

Have a great weekend! :flwrysmile:
 
Congrats on 27 years. :wowspring:That's amazing! You're right about the sickness and in health in the wedding vows. :giggle: Luckily I can get my own ice and water now (I think if I'd asked one more time that would have been the end for us. lol). How old is your son? Has he been helpful in all of this? Funny how you didn't get to your room--I was sure that you would have washed the walls and everything in there before the delivery man came. :rotfl: Hopefully you'll have pain-free and sweeter dreams tonight with the new bed. :yes!:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom