TKR Minnes new knee and MUA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things are looking up..I got to 97° flexion and 2° extension today.

My flexion was down to 73° 2 weeks ago and at 85° last week. What a difference 2 weeks can make. I still have a way to go but seeing results makes it so much easier.
 
Great progress! It is easier when you see improvement.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
What great news! The swelling monster must finally be backing off some for you. I hope your RA is settling down. Keep your chin up. I know how hard you have worked for your ROM and you deserve every single degree :) (((hugs)))
 
@Nana moon 27 It has taken longer than I expected but glad its finally moving in the right direction. I hope you are continuing to improve as well.
 
Happy dance!!! Today my ROM was 104°. Five weeks ago (after mua) I wasn't sure I would ever see triple digits.

My RA inflammation markers are below where they were pre surgery which is great. Liver functions are back to normal range and my diabetes is much better. Things are getting back to normal with my other health issues which is helping my knee.
 
This is great news, Kathy. Thanks for the update!!
 
That's really good news, Kathy! :yes!::yay::happydance:

I'm sure there's more improvement still to come, too.
 
@gr82cu2 I forgot to tell you. You had mentioned about taking milk thistle for liver issues. I have been taking it for a month now with my drs blessing and it seems to have helped. Thank you for telling me about it.  I am also taking Tumeric which has helped with the inflammation based on my recent labs.
 
I've heard before about the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric, but I don't know much about milk thistle.
 
My doctor (rheumatologist) was the one that told me to take Tumeric. I have it in capsule form I take daily - also have the spice I will throw on chicken sometimes. So happy to hear your great news!!! It's well-deserved!
 
Kathy I'm so happy the milk thistle supplement seems to have helped you. I know it lowered my enzymes when I got high. I read up on it extensively. Our livers love the stuff, LOL! Since I started taking it I've stayed well within normal limits so I just keep taking it. You had a frighteningly high reading so I'm sure you were very worried. Good job!
 
@Minnie's knees, fantastic news on 104 flexion. You have worked so hard! Now your flexion will go only but up. Great news with your recent labs! Take care, Anne
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom