TKR Minnes new knee and MUA

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Clipless that's how mine is too. For 2 weeks it was between 99-104. Then finally up to 110. But I know it will do the same thing as you said depending on the day. Mine went down my first week back to work so don't be surprised.

@Nana moon 27 I am doing good. The weather is warm and sunny which helps my knee and my mood. I hope you are doing better.
 
Sounds like you're doing well!
 
*** 4 month update ***

122° / 0° ROM, walking up and down stairs, pedaling the bike comfortably and going to the gym 3-4 hours a week.

I still have stiffness and tightness some days but no pain. The arthritis pain is gone! I have finally reached the point where I feel my knee is better than it was before surgery. There were several times I wasn't sure I would ever say that.

Now my non TKR is grumbly but I will not have it done until next year. I need to build up my time off work.

I hope everyone else is moving forward in their recoveries and wish you all well.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds as if you're doing well now, Kathy. :yes!::yay:

That stiffness and tightness will gradually decrease until one day you'll realise it's gone. At 5 and a half months post-op, mine is nearly gone and I disregard it now.
 
@Minnie's knees your rom is 2 degrees better than mine. Congratulate kaons. You're doing oh so very well. Good girl. Catch you soon I hope.

Kathy that's just such good news x x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xox
 
That is fabulous news, I'm so happy for you!

Thanks so much for posting that you're still experiencing stiffness & tightness - it's really good to know that it's normal. Not good that you're experiencing it, of course! :) My biggest concern right now is the same thing, I can't wait for the day where it disappears...ahhhhhh!!
 
Here in NZ, we used to have an advert for a very good brand of cheese. The punch line was " Good things take time." I think that applies to knees as well. :wink:
 
@Nana moon 27 I am doing good. ROM between 115-120 on average. No more PTand I need to be better about doing my exercises. My left knee has calmed down a little and that helps.

Hope you are doing okay. I will check your thread for updates. Thanks for checking on me.
 
I'm doing okay @Minnie's knees

I'm so pleased to read of your excellent ROM. You are doing ever so well Kathy. I'm trying to remember to exercise but I do a fair bit of housework now and count that as some.

Was finally discharged from physio last Monday x just need this left done and then I can focus in getting my life back!! X x x

If I don't get called into hospital at Easter for a cancellation I hope to rejoin the aquafit group up in Wales near my caravan again at the local bathsxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
@Nana moon 27 I wish I had more ROM but I can do more than I could before the surgery and arthritis pain is gone so all is good. I have been back at work for 2 months now and consider that part of my exercise. I definitely consider house work exercising.

You are doing very well with everything you have been through. I hope you get a cancellation soon to have your left knee done.
 
Hi @Minnies knees......thank you for the up date....I am at 7.5 weeks with BTKR and love hearing stories of folks ahead of me.....something to look forward to. Maggie x
 
One year update

It's hard to believe one year ago today I received my new knee. Some of you may remember I had some speed bumps the first 6 months due to my RA. I had an mua at 8 weeks and it still took several more weeks to see improvement in my ROM. At 3 months my ROM was only 70°. I finally plateaued at about 115°. I still have some stiffness but always hard to tell if it is the TKR or my RA. The best part is no more pain!

A TKR is not easy but I can say mine was worth it speed bumps and all. I will probably doing it all over again sometime next year as my left knee is becoming more symptomatic. Sorry, I have been away so long, life is always busy and new obstacles along the way.

Best wishes to everyone on your recovery journeys. :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom