Guest viewing is limited

PKR Mikes new knee 28 November, 2016

Thanks @little red canoe, how far up in Maine are you, we got about 6-7 so far, i have a good neighbor who will snow blow for me.



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
So jealous- Ive never seen snow

Cait

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
 
Update : Strain better, still very tender when turning right. Going to hospital in an hour or so to have my "strain" checked out, Drs office is closed tomorrow, surgery day, so I will have it looked at in emergency room , and then hopefully see him Tuesday


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thanks @little red canoe, how far up in Maine are you, we got about 6-7 so far, i have a good neighbor who will snow blow for me.



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi we are just east of North Conway NH.. Didn't get much out of the storm yesterday.. But it snows a little many days.. I dread the coming rain.. We have a plow service and a standby generator ( permanent installation and auto start) so storms are not a problem save for ....No Internet..:rotfl: Best of luck on your ER visit..
 
So your up there!! love the whites, hope to restart hiking up n NH when I recover. So no ER, yet, Have an appt to see OS tomorrow night , they have Xray, been getting around a little better today on one crutch.
Working a few hours tomorrow, then well see, going to get warm now,
Crazy new year


Sent from my iPad using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Update : Strain better, still very tender when turning right. Going to hospital in an hour or so to have my "strain" checked out, Drs office is closed tomorrow, surgery day, so I will have it looked at in emergency room , and then hopefully see him Tuesday


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So.... Whatever happened with your "strain"? What'd they say at the ER?
 
Thanks for asking
Just got back, the Doctor took a bunch of xrays of the knee, said it look perfect, still, gave me a bunch of ankle exercises for the nagging ankle injury and a script for pt for the ankle


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Week six, working a lot more doing well, had a pt session with the "chief" therapist today,
Dont care for her, she was checking my extension and she says well its -20 it will never get better, and she said my flexion is 100, and it should be better than that by now. I just said dont worry it will, she gave my some exercises for my sore ankle, need to improve that range of motion too!
I rescheduled all my other appts with the other girl karen, we like her.
Craziness
Have a great week everyone


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
@Celle , thanks, who can give me some advice on my ankle problem?
Its the same leg, been bothering me since summer?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
First, I think you need to ask your surgeon or your own doctor.

Josephine may be able to give you some advice, if you tag her and describe the problem. Do it in your own thread, for now.
 
Thanks Surgeon said it was a sprain and prescribed therapy, I will reach out to her


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Hey Mike, I took your advice about walking - have been going out for daily 30 minute walks for the past week and a half, progressing to two a day for the past few days. It's made a world of difference! I'm more tired but the improvement in my muscle strength and range of movement is brilliant! Hope you're continuing to do well too.
 
Hey Mike, I took your advice about walking - have been going out for daily 30 minute walks for the past week and a half, progressing to two a day for the past few days. It's made a world of difference! I'm more tired but the improvement in my muscle strength and range of movement is brilliant! Hope you're continuing to do well too.
Glad that helped go go girl it was the turnaround for me!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
Week 7
Still recovering well, not getting great ROM , but it will come
I changed my Pt to once per week, but i did put reminders in my calendar and load my exercise sheets in evernote, have them anywhere I go.

Ankle and lateral side strain was a bit of a setback, but all we have is time, I am working pretty much normal days now , 7-4 or 5 plus commute. I get up early to elevate on my wedge and ice for 30 to 45 minutes , read the paper or fall back asleep, do the same when I get home.
We are having carpet installed in the bedrooms this week, wife has been pretty good about getting closets cleared , and all the drawers stacked up in dining room.
I had to go up a short step ladder to take a bookshelf apart, it was okay.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Also I need to work on my bike more have not made a revolution more than once, did it once, scared me and i have not done it again, we take dogs up to our "grassy knoll" up the street , fun to watch them en run and have unrestricted fun


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Well 8 weeks wow, not as far along as I would like but I will take it, worked a full week and then some. We had carpet installed in all three bedrooms, so worked our butts off moving everything except the dressers and desks (from home office br 3) wife did a most of the work, i had to assist with screw guns electronics etc, needless to say very tired but holding up well, losts of ice and rest


R Partial Knee Replacement 11/28/16
 
On way to Buffalo to see family hope the 7 hour ride goes ok!


R Partial Knee Replacement 11/28/16
 
@mwetzel394 - how'd you do with travel?

Good actually, sat in back seat to accommodate dogs for first hour , she drove 4 hours I drove two, then she drove the last hour, came through fine , iced a bit, hardest part was walking to travel plazas from back of the lot, again th e dogs!!


R Partial Knee Replacement 11/28/16
 

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom