Guest viewing is limited

PKR Mikes new knee 28 November, 2016

@mwetzel394 how is your knee coming along? There's not too many PKR on here


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Doing pretty well, getting lots done in life, knee is a little sore , lower part from snowblowing, last week, working on the bursitis on right ankle, enjoying a little nicer weather!

How about you?


R Partial Knee Replacement 11/28/16
 
Twelve week update, doing well knee wise, its letting me sleep well, stairs are still awkward going down, thigh is still weak. I am still having a major problem with my ankle, bursitis , tried everything, tape, pt exercises, store boughten brace, ice, , nothing works, causing me to limp around in a lot of pain.

I was discharged from PT last night, she said they can't help me anymore.

So I see the os on Tuesday, we shall see what he recommends, can he give me a shot down there?

On a positive note, I walked around the construction site yesterday, after the ankle warms up it does not seem so bad, actually seemed like I did not even notice my new knee too much , have to be careful crawling through plastic tarp doorways, keeping winter out.

Dying to take the dogs up Jericho hill, short two mile 150foot hill around the corner from us , maybe next week!

It was 66 here in Boston , yesterday, spring is coming, enjoy everyone!


R Partial Knee Replacement 11/28/16
 
Good days and bad ones, this has become my diary, not much activity on here recently. So I was very sore after my last
PT, on thursday, I went for another 90 minute massage with my new PT in training/ masseuse "Amanda"on Saturday.

She worked me over like a rag doll, right "numb" hand, hips , new knee, bad ankle and feet, she was very concerned about my left hip, said it is back and lower than my right leg, the problem one,
She eben tap s my knee and ankle up, i bring my own rocktape.
She recommended I see a sports ortho who might recommend a manipulation of the hip, I presume the left one.

Yesterday sunday, i hurt badly, knee stiff, back , legs arms shoulders.
Helped wife assemble some new furniture for her home office, went to lowes, and then The Gym.
Did not do much at gym just a few minutes on the recumbent bike.
Limped home exhausted

Up today , out the door at 520 am, feel great, go figure , no cane ,climbed stairs to train like a champ, well see how i feel later

Have a great day bone people

R Partial Knee Replacement 11/28/16
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Even at 3 months post op I had good days and bad days. Glad you're feeling better today.
 
So i saw my surgeon Tuesday, knee is fine, they X-ray Ed my right ankle alittle arthritis not bad, he saido i need to rest my ankle for a month, gave e me a boot/removable cast to wear, its huge , well see??


R Partial Knee Replacement 11/28/16
 
Any advice?
About the ankle?

I have ankle and hind foot arthritis. For me, rest ice and elevate the ankle works as well as anything. I do ankle pumps and rotations to try and keep it supple - a little exercise without weight bearing.
 
Got the boot on , he said to try to rest it, no time to take off work will wear this as much as possible!
[Bonesmart.org] Mikes new knee 28 November, 2016



R Partial Knee Replacement 11/28/16
 
That will immobiise it OK, for sure! A rest from weight-bearing should help, too. That's why I suggested rest and elevation - and the ice should help the pain. I ice my ankle in the evenings, while I'm watching TV.

Do a little, gentle movement when you take the boot off.
 
15 week update
Day off yesterday for nor'easter/ blizzard on East coast USA, got some good work done with partner by phone, he is stuck in Tenn where he lives til he can get a flight back.

It was only about 12 inches of snow, but warmer and wet, weighed about as much as lite weight concrete , very hard to snow blow took over an hour, glad they were over cautious, rather be home than stuck somewhere!
Lawrence was officially a blizzard...

Knee is well, icing morning and nite , occasionally middle of night.
Still wearing removable cast as much as possible to heal ankle.
Knee is not too swollen, feel ROM improving daily, I can get my foot out of the way on Tee so I am not tripping people.
Wife says I am walking much better.
I have been going to a masseuse who is going to school to be a PT, she is beating me up, hips, back , shoulders neck and right hand, She was concerned about my hips being out of line and so tight, she had made progress and my body is healing, but wow and I sore!
She recommended i see a sports medicine surgeon about a manipulation of my left hip, we will see , i plan to make a chiropractor appt first.
It will be 4 months next week, looking forward to some light snowshoeing this WE before snow melts, improvement of ROM , flex, strength and balance every day!
Happy healing everyone!


R Partial Knee Replacement 11/28/16
 
16 week update ( since surgery)
10 minutes on bike, big time for this guy!!, using the ankle boot less, walking around more normal , not hanging on to railings on stairways as much, not limping too, much ,feeling more " normal"
plan to try Jericho "Hill": on saturday with dogs only 140 feet of elevation gain,
Bring it everyone!


R Partial Knee Replacement 11/28/16
 
20 week update
Life is much more normal, go to work 5 days a week , 7 to 7 and a few hours on weekends , lots of yard work here, actually hired a lawn guy , but spring is all about getting stuff out, new stuff in place etc.
Challenge is the landscape lights and stuff that need fixing, tough to get down there, with knew knee!

Set up the blow up hot tub, it leaked air, so we bought a real one 5 seater 52 jets , really nice.
They fired it up tonight, got up to 94 F , so I checked it out, awesome.

Not limping much , just a little when tired. When up and down the 40 steps at the train station no problem!!
Climbing up and down a lot of stairs at jobsite, 20 story tower is coming along, big turn on May 8. Usually take hoist to 20 and work my way down the stairs.
Still icing a bit, seems to help especially the ankle, riding bike about 20 minutes, wind is back probably 75 percent.
Endurance is good, we walked up Lake Williams trail with dogs last we, maybe 100 elevation,
I did very well, wife is happy I am doing so much better. actually kicked her butt, lol
Started a new diet 15 pounds gone, long ways to go, wish me well , cheers

No clue on rom, just know I can ride the bike, go down stairs and I am not tripping anyone in the subway!! Lol
You are all doing great
Talk to ya in 4 weeks


R Partial Knee Replacement 11/28/16
 
Way to go! I also am unaware of a ROM number, just being able to live life is enough!
 
I agree---so many people get caught up in whether they are 118 or 120/ Also rom measuring is subjective--a lot depends on the measurer!!
 
I don't know mine either, but I can do what I want to do. That's what counts!
 
Looking good & living life! Congrats!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom