PKR Mikes new knee 28 November, 2016

8 week update, so trip to Buffalo was nice saw mom and my two grown daughters and the grands, four of them!, i was sick Sunday morning, stayed in bed , exhausted and a little sick to stomach, got up at 2 pm,and went to dinner at Bevs, we drove home Monday , I drove the last 130 miles at night in snow!

Doing a lot better going up to and down stairs , one after another ,even did long flight at t station.
I worked 12 hours today, plus commute. Need to catch up.
Walked around building with a super, today, ione floor wore me out, ( there is 20 total, plus a huge parking garage)
New bed was delivered , it is awesome my first King!!
I just have to finish our loft/ sitting room.

Listen to your body , it needs rest

R Partial Knee Replacement 11/28/16

I did it !!
Finally turned the bike over for a dozen or so revs at PT!!
How exciting, felt good, knee feels a lot loser, ankle rehab is coming too

Congrats! I let out a whoop when I finally got a full revolution!

Week 9 day 65 , long work day, 12 hours there , three hour commute round trip, doing well ice and elevate before and after work, little ice during work, going up and down stairs, pretty well, walked 2 blocks for an early dinner late lunch without the cane.
Pt is focusing on healing my ankle which has been sore and strained since summer.
Have really good days , very little pain, then it flares up.
The knee is definitely warm when I am busy.
I did get 10000 steps today too, whoo hoo!!

3 minutes riding bike at PT today, and 5 minutes wAlking, released for Gym, yeah!!

Yay! Sounds great! But be careful! Don't go crazy at the gym, no weight training until at least 3 months.

Had a spa pedicure today , she was checking out my beautiful scar! Pedis keep my ingrown toenails at bay, I go with my wife , "no clear " LOL

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170204_28fb5816cbbdc8a8332d356530470e7c.jpg

You're doing very well, Mike, but beware of overdoing things.

You have a long day at work, with a lengthy commute as well. Add to that, you have gone back to work rather early - we usually recommend around 12 weeks off - and you are asking a lot of your new knee.

I think at this stage you could cut out the PT, because your everyday life is giving your knee plenty of exercise.

Celle thank you , you are correct I need to be cautious, i only have a couple of more PT sessions left, they have been more focused on the tendinitis in my ankle. Work has been fine I go out to site once or twice per week, they take me up the hoist and then i come down floor by floor on the stairs

Snow day/ worked at home
I Snow blowed the 14 inches of snow, the 10 week old knee did great, path to neighbors and in back yard for dogs too!
Fit bit said it was 6000 steps or 3 miles!
Felt pretty good, little sore now obviously

Last edited by a moderator:
At least with a snow blower you're just walking, not putting added pressure on the PKR. We only got an inch or two. I'd love a blizzard!

Happy Saturday !

I snowblowed 14 inches thursday, 10000 steps for day, walked 10000 in building yesterday, 7 floors lots of stairs, 3 inches today more blowing, too tired for gym, maybe tomorrow.
Good to be getting into shape, feeling more normal. Getting my stamina back, the construction site needs me!
Keep up the good work!

Not gonna lie I am icing and tired now!

Feeling the odic club today, fit bit is lost in house somewhere, we took dogs up to the grassy/snowy knoll to run, 16 inches of snow, they had a blast, sure they are beat, 8 to 12 more inches coming tonight!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member