PKR Mikes new knee 28 November, 2016

Thanks Go go girl, walk as much as you can , massage that band I have a whale bone i use for moving scar tissue out of bad areas,
You know, it isn't necessary to do that. Nature is very good at doing her job of healing and in time all those lumps and bumps will go away, without any intervention. They're part of the normal healing process, not abnormalities.

Mike, thanks for the kind words. We will be traveling to Hawaii for a 5 week stay! This is our annual "get out of dodge" aka cold and snow routine. Your recovery is progressing so nicely! Are you able to read yet? I'm going to try my book again later today. My knees are also making slow, steady forward progress. I think we're at the end of pain. Now hopefully on to reduced swelling and increased ROM on the R. Can't wait to get in the ocean!

@Celle is there any danger to deep massage? I'm forever rubbing, rolling, kneading, pushing, pulling and stretching my muscles. That seems to relax and relieve them. I hope this practice isn't worrisome. You would get a good laugh at all my tools!

@Red's Mom my PTs massaged my knee at every session with Palmers. It's what kept me going back! I think as long as it doesn't hurt your fine.

As long as you're gentle, I don't think there's any danger in doing deep massage - but I'm not convinced there's any great benefit, either. If it makes you feel better, keep doing it, but I would try to cut it back a bit. You do stay well away from your incision, don't you?

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170101_75e6195b5f87b7b6dec733fc5a5429a4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thats Cooper, both labs , my fur boys

@mwetzel394 I laughed at your lab staring down the tennis balls on your walker! After my carpet was removed from my classroom I put tennis balls on all the chair legs in my classroom. That's approximately 100 tennis balls. My border collie came to school with me in the summer while I was prepping the room, she thought she had hit the lottery and tried her best to get a tennis ball off any number of chairs! In the end she laid down and whined! It was too much for her!

Last edited by a moderator:
@KarriB thats a lot of Tennis balls , heres Trevor in action, balls is at his feet
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170102_7592e2401b78d4f6cba25efef0de089c.jpg

Ahhh! Piper's choice of toy is a frisbee or soccer ball. We save the tennis balls for inside. She'll catch the frisbee and return, but because the kids were all soccer players she loves to dribble a soccer ball with her nose. She'll watch a soccer game like you see people watch tennis, except she just waits for the ball to come to her. Piper did manage to get out on the field during a couple college games. Lucky for me, I could sit with my before having my TKR and throw her frisbee.

My son put tennis balls on my walker as well- this simple modification made getting around on hardwood floors almost... fun!

Update
Recovering well, worked a couple of days , last week, wife delivered me and picked me up at train station, so not too bad, long day yesterday, driving in today for 2-3 hours.

PT is going well, not to aggressive , I love the girl, she has me do normal stuff how to walk, stretch, climb stairs etc. no pressure!
I plan to extend another month at least.

I just got home from therapy today, went well, she had me climbing stairs with both feet!
Icing and elevating before I leave

So i am walking around the house without my cane, but the strain that I've had in my ankle since summer came, back, thats making me limp more than knee!
I thought it was strained fascia, one of the pts said might be bursitis.

Karen the pt taped it up, advised i see the ortho about it. Would i see him or my podiatrist?

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

Bought this for quick icing before , after work and at night, works pretty well elevate on foam wedge, and ice for 30 minutes or so!
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170105_6e72916321b00c600818fd604eee2562.jpg

Setback- was doing well with recovering, wife asked me to check her tire pressure in car, went outside and slipped on icy snow, twisted repaired knee, pain is on the lateral outside, pkr is inside, medial, so I strained something , can't put pressure on it, back on crutches, icing and wrapped, hope its not too bad....

I'm sorry to hear you had a slip and fall, Mike.

You're doing the right thing by resting, icing and elevating. If it doesn't start to improve soon, do let your surgeon know what happened.

Ouch - hopefully just a minor setback. I'm also sore and swollen so icing and elevating - after 4 days back at work my knee started hurting yesterday with increased swelling - 2 steps forward one step back...hope your knee recovers quickly Mike.

Cait
LTKR
27th October 2016

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Setback- was doing well with recovering, wife asked me to check her tire pressure in car, went outside and slipped on icy snow, twisted repaired knee, pain is on the lateral outside, pkr is inside, medial, so I strained something , can't put pressure on it, back on crutches, icing and wrapped, hope its not too bad....

O darn.... and you know the immediate treatment. You guys got more snow.. We need some up heah.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks