Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
robynhood Pat, please don't apologize, because this is quite fine with me! Anyway any of our family members can connect is just great with me, after all I might even learn something that I will need to know tomorrow! :thumb: :)
 
Jacky I must have been writing on your thread as you were writing on mine. SNAP. And thanks for that x
 
Lindsay had this done on both wrists. Piece of cake, hardly any recovery time.
 
Robynhood, the surgery was the easiest I have ever had and the recovery was quick and easy. First of all I had a terrific surgeon who is a hand specialist and has done over 4,000 carpel tunnel surgeries. My surgery was done at a surgical center, not a hospital. The surgery takes five minutes. You can choose local or general. I chose local and it was fine. They clean the area and you get a shot in the hand, and a turnicate is applied to your arm. I felt the shot in my right hand and not in my left. When it takes affect he cuts the ligament that causes the problem, probes the area and glues the one inch incision up.They take the turnicate off and you sit up, wait a minute and leave. My hand was bandaged and I had to keep it at 90 degrees all that day and sleep with it across my chest on a small pillow. You can't lift anything over 1 lb. for a week, then nothing heavy. You leave the bandage on 5 days and keep it dry. When it comes off the incision is well healed and you put on a band-aid and all is well. My right hand was done Jan 11 and it is great. I have to massage scar tissue surrounding the scar, but that is all. My left hand was done Fed.22 and it is great. You can hardly tell where the incision was. I see the surgeon tomorrow. I don't seem to have any scar tissue on my left hand. Maybe because my right is my dominant hand.

I am so pleased with this surgery! I had not had one nights sleep since October when both hands went from 0 to 10 in 2 weeks!! I wore the slings every night and it did nothing! My hands were so numb and painful that in the morning it would take hours to regain feeling in my hands. My hands felt like they were in ice water for hours. The surgery corrected it all in 5 minutes. I would say to look for a hand specialist that does this surgery all the time. Mine operates on carpel tunnel every Friday all day long. Hope this helps you .
 
Jacky, I missed something. What are these like x 1 list or the 1 informative x 1 list?? :scratch:
 
Mimi Remember how we use to have the "like" option near the "Quote This Message" option? Well now starting today we have many expressions that are in pale colors underneath those options! The first one is "thumb up, Like" the second one is "check mark, for agree" and so on. Does that help?
 
Mimi; Just found your reply. Thank you so much. That is better than readng any medical journal to read something from someone who has had it done. Will show this to my husband later. Again thank you for your response.:)
 
rlwintin Hi Randi, Norm will see his doctor on Friday, and we're thinking he'll need another epidural and they'll probably set it up for next Wednesday! His back is coming along and PT is helping some, so we are crossing our fingers and anything else we can manage to cross! :heehee: I've been seeing a chiropractor for my neck for a couple of weeks now, and that really is doing more good than anything I have tried so far, so I have high hopes for that! Thanks for asking Randi! :)
I hope you and Lindsay are doing well my friend! I haven't seen either one of your threads lately, so I must go searching!
Stay well kiddo! :friends:
 
Best wishes for Norm's appointments for his back.

I'm glad to hear the chiropractor is helping your neck, jacky. I had neck problems a few years ago and the physios could only improve it a little, but the chiropractor worked regularly on it and it gradually got better. Now I'm seeing him for my back, which flared up last week.
 
Celle Thank you so much! I'll be forever greatful for this Chiropractor, he has been able to give me some pain relief, and we are still working on it, where nothing else helped! I feared chiropractics so much, but like everything else there is the good and the bad in any profession, and it all a matter of doing your research and word of mouth!
My hairdress is the one who reccommended him because I asked her if she knew of anyone. He has worked on so many well known people and sport stars. He took xrays and told me that he could help me, and man was I skeptical:skep: cause nothing else helped, but I believe him now!:)

I hope your back gets better soon!:console2: Aren't you about ready to go on your trip soon?
 
Jacky, good to hear. I don't think old ruffian is posting these days. She is progressing but hasn't felt to well in the stomach department. I think it's withdrawal symptoms from the pain meds myself, having seen many people come off of those. She doesn't have any knee pain though. She's lost too much weight, down to 130# or so on a 5'10" woman+too thin. I try to fatten her up but you know how that goes...I get fat!!! BTW, I am a huge fan of chiropractic but you're right, you have to get a good one!
 
Like you, Jacky, I was very wary of anyone doing anything to my neck and for a long time I would not allow the chiropractor to manipulate it. However, I gradually got to trust him and what he did helped my neck when nothing else had.

Yes, we go overseas a week today and I'm hoping my back is improved by then! It feels much better this morning, so here's hoping! I have 2 more appointments with the chiropractor before we leave.

Our middle son and his family arrive tomorrow, for 3 days' stay with us. The little grand-daughters (3 years, 17 months) have never been to our house (they were born in the UK and are only visiting NZ on a whistle-stop tour) so I have been child-proofing our house. Lots of cupboard doors tied up and safety plugs in all the power points. Medicines and precious things put up well out of reach. I've borrowed a cot for the younger girl and dug out some toys and books from storage - the ones I saved from when our kids were little.

The timing is "off" as they only leave us 2 days before we go away, but we are still excited to see them. It's going to be a busy few days, but I'm looking forward to it. :)
 
Celle Wow, you are going to be one busy little chicky in the next week! Enjoy your family and have a safe trip kiddo! I hope your back is better by then!:thumb:
 
Jacky, i'm glad to hear you and Norm are showing some positive progress with neck and back! I've only been to a chiropractor once, and he said he wouldn't touch me and sent me for an MRI. Well, that's one chiropractor I trust, but that was in Utah at an adventure/health spa, so not likely to see him again.
 
Janet2012 Smart chiropractor you saw there Janet! I did bring my MRI report with me when I saw my chiropractor the first time, because I felt that if he has as much information as possible, he can make a better assessment. He was really happy that I brought the report, however he did take xrays anyway for his own peace of mind. that set my mind at ease some. So you can trust a good doctor who says "Can't touch this!".:ok:
 
Yes, my chiropractor has all my X-Ray reports, too. He's very good at explaining what is going on and my own doctor recommended him, so I do trust him.

The little family arrived last night. The girls were enchanted with my cream-coloured cat who, strangely, was just as pleased with them. She's a very gentle soul and she allowed them to stroke and hold her and came back, purring, for more. :kittykiss: The grey cat is more nervous and she hid under a bed!
 
Celle what an exciting time for you with your family visiting. Have an amazing weekend and Im sure you will have a fantastic time. Jacky48 Hope you and Norm are both doing well. I am so pleased I dont have the back and neck problems because with the knee recovery it must make things more problamatic. I have trouble coping with just one knee. The weather here is very very cold but I love all the different colours begining to pop out of the ground. Lovely. I also have vases of daffodils all over the house to cheer it up. Take Care x x x and Keep Healing
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom