Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A big problem with that cruise was that passports weren't required, so they couldn't take the passengers to nearby Mexico, so they had a long trip to the US. You won't ever be far from the Homeland!
 
I finally caught up with your thread. I'm not getting alerts properly and I hadn't checked in for a few days. I'm so glad to hear about Norms treatment and have great hopes for success. I have heard of bulging disks coming back into a more normal position. The Alaska cruise is supposed to be wonderful. I think I mentioned that every Saturday night in the summer we see the cruise boats heading to Alaska past our town. They look like giant wedding cakes, all lit up at night. I have a good feeling about your trip, I can feel it in me waters, as Kathy says. Not sure exactly what that means but it sounds good. And you bad girls, I hope you checked your privacy settings because if not anyone on the planet could be reading your posts. :rotfl:
 
karmigirl Ah, I just wrote on your thread my dear! Thanks for asking! Norm did well, he had therapy afterwards!
He bound an determined to make that trip in May, so I'm sure he'll work really hard at PT!
I decided to give chiropractic an try for my neck, I've had 2 adjustments so far and another tonight cause he makes it mandatory to take a class and tonight is the class, so I'll get an adjustment just before then. I can feel some difference so far and I'm hoping it does the trick, so far I haven't had good luck in that department. If this doesn't do it then acupuncture will be next, Lori-M said it worked for her. I'll try all avenues before I consider surgery, however surgery it will be if that's what it comes down to!:shrug: Isn't life grand, it's always something! It sure keeps us on our toes, that's the truth and I'm stick'n to it!:heehee:
 
Jacky,
Glad to hear Norm did well today. Sorry to hear you neck is still bothering you but it sounds like you have a good plan in place. Surgery should always be the last resort, but from my experience it really works. They have always helped me it's just that another disc goes and then I am back again. The one thing I was told was if you have had surgery never use a chiroprator after that. Don't know much about accupuncture but I sure hope they work out for you. Take care my friend.
 
karmigirl Oh, I won't think chiropractic care would be a good thing once you've had surgery for sure, my god they'd rip out all the nuts and bolts for sure!:yikes: That's why I wan't to try everything first, then I'd know I gave it a shot!
 
I finally caught up with your thread. I'm not getting alerts properly and I hadn't checked in for a few days. I'm so glad to hear about Norms treatment and have great hopes for success. I have heard of bulging disks coming back into a more normal position. The Alaska cruise is supposed to be wonderful. I think I mentioned that every Saturday night in the summer we see the cruise boats heading to Alaska past our town. They look like giant wedding cakes, all lit up at night. I have a good feeling about your trip, I can feel it in me waters, as Kathy says. Not sure exactly what that means but it sounds good. And you bad girls, I hope you checked your privacy settings because if not anyone on the planet could be reading your posts. :rotfl:

Thanks Randi, Norm and I are so hoping his back starts to behave, he did feel somewhat better this morning so we're keeping fingers crossed! It must be beautiful watching those ships go by! What do you mean everyone on the planet can see our posts? I sure wouldn't wan my kids to see that I belong to the "Bad Girl Club" I would want to spoil that angelic image that they have of me! :angel: :heehee:
 
I doubt your kids would go on Bonesmart but you never know. Lots of people view this site without joining. My understanding is that if the want to they can read any posts they want. So you can go to the privacy menu under your name on the upper right and change your privacy settings making sure to mark save. I marked all of mine "members only". Otherwise it says everyone can view it. I hope the two of you continue to improve for goodness sake. No doubt your kids will always see you as angelic. You're their mom after all, besides some things are better off not knowing. :heehee:
 
Thanks Randi, I checked everything and all is a okay! The better off not knowing part is a two way street with us and the kids, that's for sure! :skep:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
to Minnie and Mickey. Nine months post op, Jacky, seems like just yesterday in some ways and almost forever in others. The best thing is that you are happy with them and they have made life so much better for you.

Take care --- I care. [Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
 
Happy nine months anniversary Jacky. Like Randi I dont seem to get an alert when you post. Confusing. Glad Norms epidural went well Your both deserve this trip. I think we all need something to look forward to dont we. Im down today with flu but all my family have had it so not suprised really. Resting in bed and catching up on here. I seem to miss so much. Hope youre havng a peaceful day and if its not arrived for you yet I hope you do when its here. Take Care. Hugs.:flwrysmile: :friends:
 
Janet2012 bottomshollow robynhood

Thanks Janet, Judy and Pat!

Janet, these months surely do seem to be flying by! I have not yet gotten on the floor and I was hoping to get that done by my ninth month, however I still have a little "chicken" in me, and besides Norm's back is still not where it should be so if I needed help getting up he have to find a crane somewhere to hoist me! :heehee: I'm happy to hear that Elmo and Cookie Monster are treating you well on your vacation, however I'm sorry to hear that your shins are taking a beating from all that walking! Does it ever stop with us, if we feel good in one spot another spot of our bodies act up, I guess it keeps us humble! :scratch:

Judy, it certainly seems like yesterday, however the first three to four months were quite a challenge, but me and my mice friends learn to get along and live happily ever after! And yes, they have enhanced my live tremendously, for this I am very pleased! :)

Pat, I don't get some alerts sometimes either, and I think I figured a small reason out this morning. I found that if I for some reason get logged off on BoneSmart, I don't receive any email alerts, because when I logged back on this morning I saw that I had four alerts at the top of the page. :shrug: Just a guess on my part! Norm's epidural did go okay, but he might need another one in a couple of weeks as he still is walking like a little old man at times, however has started PT, so that should he. I'm still reserved about the cruise so I try to play it low keyed until I see him walking better. His lower back is doing better, but he still has numbness in his calves and feet and his calves are hard like a rock! That being said, he is shopping for clothes for this trip like a crazy man, online. Yes, we all do need something to look forward to, that's what keep us all going, otherwise we'd always be living on the dark side and that's not good!
I'm sorry to hear that you came down with the flu! :console2: I guess now is the time for your family to take care of you! :flwrysmile:
Get well quickly my friend!
 
Nine months, my how time does fly!!:angel: You have done so fantastically well with those knees.:ok: So glad to hear of your upcoming trip. Hope Norm makes a full recovery and wins all the dance contests on the cruise!:dancy: Sounds like he will be the best dressed. Now you get out there and shop till you drop to show him up.:yes!:

I haven't posted in some time cause this year has been full of challenges for me. I had a call back mammogram that scared me. I live in a small town and as it turned out they did not read it correctly. When they told be I needed the big biopsy, I took all my images for the past 3 years to Baltimore to a great specialist. First thing he told me was that I did not need any biopsy, it was a glandular breast and he will watch it.:sigh: Then I had carpel tunnel surgery on both hands:groan:. The surgery was easy and the recovery fast.:happydance:My hands are back to normal after months of crazy pain and numbness. Now I can enjoy my newest grandson and the little guy turning one.:happydance:
 
Mimi There you are Mimi, I've been thinking about you and searched everywhere, I'm so glad you showed up! :) I'm so glad your mammogram turned out to be okay, it is a scary thing going for more intense biopsies, I've had a couple myself and the fear is so awful! I'm so glad your carpel tunnel surgery went well and you once again can move on with life! :ok: Now you have spring and summer to look forward to and having fun with the little ones!

We are looking forward to our trip, however I'm not much of a shopper, I guess I missed that gene! :heehee: I guess my head is not fully into the trip yet, as time gets closer I guess I will get more excited, then I'll be uncontrollable! :heehee:

Stay well kiddo and nice of you to drop by, I missed you!
 
Mimi; Hi sorry to talk to you on Jackys thread but I was very interested in your carpel tunnel experiences. My husband has it in both hands and has been told he will need surgery eventually. He has the straps on his hands at night but like most men he dosent do it regularly. Uncomfortable he says. He is a self employed landscape gardner which probably is the cause if there is one Can you tell me what the surgery was like and how long you were in hospital. Again sorry for writing on Jackys thread. I havent figured out how to find people when they arent on the first couple of pages. Thanks Mimi. Any information would be helpful.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom