Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nyland Thank you so much for the anniversary wish Nyland!:friends: (((HUGS)))

Organist Becky, thank you for the luna-versary wish kiddo, I hope you are doing well!:friends: (((HUGS)))

ElanorG Lisa, Thank you for the anniversary wish my friend! I see you wrote this at 3:13am, I hope all is okay kiddo!:friends: (((HUGS)))
 
We'll as I was reminded last night, it's my 10th month anniversary and I must say, Where did the time go?!

Minnie is doing really well, and Mickey does have some issues! Mickey still has that tight band effect and a little puffiness around the kneecap, not all the time but a good part of the time. That being said, I'll take that anytime compared to that god awful debilitating bone-on-bone pain prior to my BTKR.:thumb:

Climbing stairs gets easier all the time, and standing for long periods of time is NOT a problem!:yay:

And, my favorite part of this report is....... I finally got down on the floor!:yahoo: I conquered my worst fear, ya me!:yes!: Now I must admit getting down was a whole heck of a lot easier (as usual) than getting up! I walked into my workout space and looked at the floor, as it stared back up at me and dared me to "come on down"! I started to over think it, as usual, and I said "To hell fear, you're not the boss of me!" and down I went! Since I was down there I did a few floor exercises, then laid there for a few minutes. Then the, over thinking kicked in again!:skep: I tried getting up one way, then another, then I think, oh lord what did I do?!:what: Norm was in the shower and even if he wasn't he certainly could not help me up, not with his bad back!:scratch: Sooooo, I sat up and reared up to the sleeper sofa that I have in that room, put both my hands behind me onto the sofa and used my upper body strength, and up I went in a sitting position on the sofa!:) Now, it's not something I'd want to do every day, but I do think I should do a lot more practicing!

That's my story and I'm stick"n to it! The End

Stay well and stay positive my BoneSmartie friends!:friends:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
HOPE THE NEXT 10 MONTHS ARE JUST AS REWARDING AND YOUR RECOVERY GOES FROM STRENGTH TO STRENGTH. BEST WISHES FROM YOUR BONESMARTIE FRIEND. X X X
 
lOVE YOUR STORY OF GETTING UP FROM THE FLOOR. MADE ME GIGGLE. DONT THINK I WILL TRY IT GET BUT THANKS FOR MAKING ME SMILE X X
 
Jacky, glad to hear you got on the floor and back up! I have yet to do that. But I know when I do I will have a towel or two to fold over and put under the knee that rests on the floor and that should help with the discomfort. So you might want to try that. But so glad you are happy with your knees and they continue to get better all the time. Yes, I was up at 3:15, my normal waking up time, but this morning I was up a little earlier and just thought I would post. Worrying about my mom I guess. Have a good day!
 
ElanorG Thanks Lisa! I thought you were up so early worrying about your mom, hard times my friend!:console2: I will be keeping you and yours in my prayers, and wishing you all well!:angel:
 
Well, Jacky you could have tried my "surprise" method of getting to the floor, and you wouldn't have to do ANY thinking! :rotfl:

Congratulations on 10 months friend! It is almost 11 for me and with my new PT Valerie and Felice, that VMO doesn't stand a chance! Life is great and I am looking forward to our trip to the country music festival in Tennessee! Yippee! :happydance:
 
RestAssured Sonja, I have tried you method of getting on the floor, and to tell you the honest truth, it's not one of my favorite methods!:heehee: I've always be able to touch the floor with my hand in a standing position, so getting down was quite easy, if I didn't scare myself, I swear I am my own worse enemy!:skep:

When is your trip to the music festival, it sounds like fun, of course anything music is fun!
 
Yay Jacky! You got down and up again, even if it wasn't intuitive! You'll only improve on it from here! Good job! Now the fear is gone. :) I'll have to think about what milestone there is for me to try for my 10 month!
 
Ten months, where has the time gone? You have done so well with your bilateral TKR! :cheers: You have so much to be proud of. :yahoo: :) You have been a true inspiration to all who have read your thread. :yes: Keep up the great progress and enjoy these beautiful spring days when they come soon, I hope!!! :flwrysmile:
 
Janet2012 Janet isn't it amazing how fast this time has gone? Who knew, except for the ones before us! :shrug: My dear friend after last month's activities I'm sure you can come up with a lot of milestones! Ya us! :yay: Oh, and Janet, don't forget all your weight loss!

Mimi Thank you Mimi! You my friend are coming up on 2 years, and I am hoping all is well with you! I hope your back is treating you well, at least I think it was your back that was giving you grief. Hopefully we'll all be seeing spring soon, and we don't go straight into 90* weather!
 
Ten days and it will be 2 years!:yay: After the first 8 months, time has flown by! Good thing I had this done then, cause I have 2 more grandsons since my TKR. And now with four under the age of four, they keep me running. I was the fish at the end of my grandsons new fishing reel that the Easter bunny brought him!:happydance: Then I walked the new baby around and no pain. Almost forgetting those days and nights of total pain! :thumb: I would like to have better ROM, but am happy with what I have cause I can do anything I want with it. Life is truly GOOD! :cheers:

It was my neck and since I went to PT and was put into a new digital traction machine....I AM A NEW WOMAN! :happydance:I am so thankful for modern medicine and machines! :yes!:
 
Jacky,
Happy Anniversary my dear friend. You have done a wonderful job and things can only get better and better. I had to giggle a bit when I read the story of getting on the floor, oh how I only wish I could do that, not for me right now. That first time is really weird you get right on down there and then It like Yikes Now How do I get up. It would really funny to do a video of all are techniques on getting up off the floor.
 
Mimi Mimi, I never heard of a digital traction machine, that sounds kool! I am so happy that it is working for you! :yay: You have a very young family and I am so happy that you are now able to enjoy them all! I love that you were the fish at the end of your grandson's fishing reel! Sweet! :)

karmigirl Rose, thanks for the anniversary wish! Yes, I would like to see a video on techniques of people getting off the floor, however not one with me in it! :rotfl: I pray that you are doing well my friend! Great things are coming your way! :friends:
 
RestAssured Sonja, my daughter and I are gonna be in Nashville for the fan fest, too!!! We are coming in from NY. We didn't go last year but were there for the previous three years. It is a blast!!!
Oh, Wow! We need to meet while we are there! That would be so awesome! :happydance:
 
Jacky, I enjoyed your story of getting on the floor and back up again. . It’s sooo much “easier” to practice when there’s nobody there to see our awkward beginnings as we try not to over-think “OK, I’m going to get up now.” :heehee:

When I first started practicing “the floor thing”, I would practice in front of the couch (double recliner). To get down I’d use the couch to lean on (upper body) as I knelt down – gingerly putting weight on my knees. From there I’d lower myself to the floor – at first in an ungraceful “thump”. :gaah:

After doing some stretching exercises on the floor I’d get up by rolling onto my side with my upper body supported on my right elbow. From there I’d push myself into a “cat-cow” (yoga) position (hands and knees), grab the couch (like a life raft), put my upper body weight on my right elbow (on the couch), raise my left leg so that I could put weight on my left foot/leg and push up from there. It was a real struggle. However Magrat (right knee) was OK with the pressure on the carpeted floor – strange feeling, but OK. :rolleyes: My next progress was a week ago when I was able to get back up into a kneeling position from a sitting position instead of a reclining position, raise the left knee with that foot on the floor, then my left hand on my left knee, and the right arm still on the recliner – finally getting up from that point by pushing down with my left hand and my right arm. :yes: It feels like I’m gradually getting strength back to eventually be able to get up without thinking of it as a process with several steps.

BTW, there’s a “getting on and off the floor” thread in the social room section. Maybe we can share various ways that are helping us “get there” – and encourage each other (and others getting ready for the surgery – whether knee or hip replacement) in the process. :friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom