Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacky48

big-cheese
Country
United States United States
Hi BoneSmartie family:yes 4:

As you can probably guess I am now the proud mama of Minnie( right knee) and Mickey( left knee)!:biggrin:
The Other couple was Bonnie and Clyde, but I thought they would always give me trouble!:hate-shocked:
Mickey and Minnie are a happy couple, so I figured we'll have a good time together!:wink1:

I was up and walking this morning at 9am, just a little in the room. Sat in a chair until 4:30 leg elevated, then I walked quite a way down the hall, maybe 30 feet then iced for while!:thumb: The kids and my husband were here and they thought I did great! ROM, 89 & 90 and flexon was 10 & 8. All in all did pretty good for BLTR!:thumb:

That's all for now! :friends:

rubysue

senior
Country
Congratulations!!! I hope Mickey and Minnie follow their namesakes (polite, happy, gentle). Neil and Buzz (and I) send best wishes for a great recovery. :thumb:

vicledsome

senior
Jacky, was thinking about you earlier. Happy to hear all went well. Hope Mickey and Minnie are good to you! Wishing you a speedy recovery! Keep us updated on your progress!

Morning Glory

senior
Country
Congratulations! Sounds like you're doing great! My knee had 75 flex and I thought I was hot stuff but you got me beat! :thumb: Love the names you picked, I was thinking of Thelma & Louise but not sure yet.

Janet2012

big-cheese
Jacky, Welcome to Micky and Minnie! I've been diligently checking all day hoping to see a post from you! I feel better now. :friends:
(got happy news Friday noon! :yahoo:)

OP
OP
Jacky48

Jacky48

big-cheese
Country
Yes Janet you're on you your way!:yahoo: just a little bit longer now!:thumb:
My eyes are starting to cross!:loll: I'd better give it up for the night!:sleep:
I will check on you later!

jancat

graduate
Country
Congrats, Jacky!
Now rest, ice, elevate, meds, rest- worry about nothing other than that!
Wishing you a speedy and painless recovery!

referee54

omega
Country
Congratulations! From one BTKR top another---you are now on the road to living a much more active and enjoyable lifestyle!

Take it easy; ice/elevate/rest---and post when yo are able to---let us know how you are doing---when you feel up to it!

Nyland

post-grad
JACKY!!!! Yay! Wow, you are an inspiration! It sounds like you are doing well. How are you feeling? Congratulations, my friend. Thanks for posting! Take care!

Mimi

Sr Bonesmartie
Country
Jacky, Welcome :dancy:

I love the Mickey and Minnie. :loveshower: Now when you need anything just say. "Oh TOODLES!! :loll: As you can see I have spent a lot of time watching Mickey's Clubhouse with my grandaughter this weekend.

So happy for you and this great start to your recovery. We are here for you and Mickey and Minnie all the time.:friends:

BJ Mac

Sr Bonesmartie
Congrats on your new knees. Hope that Mickey and Minnie are cooperative and that your healing goes along smoothly. :yay:

Phoenixx29

senior
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Congratulations! Glad to hear you're doing so well. Now take it easy. You know what to do :biggrin:.

TheHistorian

post-grad
Country
Congratulations!!! I hope Mickey and Minnie follow their namesakes (polite, happy, gentle). Neil and Buzz (and I) send best wishes for a great recovery. :thumb:
And this Neil does the same.

However, I'm jealous of your walking so soon. I wasn't able to stand until three days after surgery. I didn't walk until six days.

Country
Jackey, welcome to the wonderful world of recovery:dev-godseesaw:!!! It's going to be an up and down ride---but the end of the trip makes it all worthwhile. Just remember no two knees heal alike---I wonder whether it will Minnie or Mickey who acts up the most! Well, you'll be letting us know about that.

So happy that everything went well yesterday--and you prove that you do not have to have a "good" leg to be able to get up and function after BTKR!

Don't you just love those new knees? I'm crazy about mine. Take care and keep us posted. We care.

bassplayer

senior
Hi Jacky,

Great that you're doing so well! :yay: Keep it up and sleep as much as you can! :sleep:

Loving the Mickey and Minnie! :thumb:

Organist

senior
Country
Hi BoneSmartie family:yes 4:

As you can probably guess I am now the proud mama of Minnie( right knee) and Mickey( left knee)!:biggrin:
The Other couple was Bonnie and Clyde, but I thought they would always give me trouble!:hate-shocked:
Mickey and Minnie are a happy couple, so I figured we'll have a good time together!:wink1:

I was up and walking this morning at 9am, just a little in the room. Sat in a chair until 4:30 leg elevated, then I walked quite a way down the hall, maybe 30 feet then iced for while!:thumb: The kids and my husband were here and they thought I did great! ROM, 89 & 90 and flexon was 10 & 8. All in all did pretty good for BLTR!:thumb:

That's all for now! :friends:
Jacky, soooo glad that you're doing well. I love the names you've chosen. :th_heehee: You got out of your hospital room earlier than I did. I think they got me out of the room for a few feet the 2nd day after my surgery. I walked around the room, of course, to the toilet and back, several times on the day after surgery.

Just don't rush things. Like they've said -- ice, elevate, rest, pain meds, and don't stress. You're doing great ! :yay: Liam asked me to pass on his "congratulations!". :yes 4: He likes the names too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Jaguar
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom