Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of you and Norm, Jacky, and hoping tha Norm's doctor's visit goes well.
 
What is it with men and not wanting to use a cane or whatever they need. Dave's dad was like that too and it cost him dearly as he was at the farm and he went down in some loose gravel and laid there for at least 20 minutes until someone found him. He had broken his hip. This wouldn't have had to happen. He did have to use it after and until he died. So sad though, so you bark at Norm Jacky and show him who is boss.

I know Deb, I reminded him on how we use to scold my mom and his mom when the wouldn't use their canes, they use to scare the daylights out of us especially when they wouldn't remove them darn throw rugs out of the house! I told him that if he makes me treat him like a child and I have to act like I'm his mother and not his wife then there will be NO more:whistle:, and that's not funny! I can't believe that when we went into the building, he was caring the cane but not once did that darn thing hit the ground, just like his mom use to do!:headbang: I finally had to say, use the damn care for crying out loud!:hairpulling:!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
I know the feeling, Jacky. You're a smart lady to make Norm do the right thing. Men can just be so bullheaded about the most necessary things that seem to attack their manhood. Fingers crossed for a good report today. Will be keeping you both in my prayers.

Take care--keep us informed--we care. [Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

So right Judy, men are so bullheaded and what they don't realize, is that if they get hurt more than they already are, they'll see what it's like to have their manhood attacked when somebody else has to wipe their butt!:skep: And I've warned him, it ain't going to be me! I have to constantly remind him, ya can't wing life like a child any more, you've gotta, Think, Think and Think some more!:scare:
 
Thank you all for your well wishes, Norm and I really appreciate it very much!

The plan of attack for now is, next Wed. Norm will get an epidural in his L5-S1 section, which he believes is the worst area. A couple of days after he will start, water and land PT to strengthen his core muscles. Followed by a follow up visit with the doc in one month, if everything is okay then he'll just continue with PT, if not then he'll get another epidural. Norm and I are quite pleased with the way thing were handled today and we both have high hopes for the best!:thumb:

Upon coming home we immediately wrote a check for our remaining payment for our Alaskan cruise in May, if we need to cancel so be it, but we're keeping a positive spin on it, I think it will do wonders for his recovery and beside we did buy the insurance just in case so we shouldn't lose too much money.
Onwards and upwards for another ride in what's called life!:thumb:

Thanks again my BoneSmartie family, you've helped me through once again!:friends: ((((HUGS))))
 
Jacky, how is an epidural suppose to do anything? I thought that is for just numbing you up for surgery. I didn't realize it could be for some long lasting treatment. Or maybe they are injecting something extra in there. My dad had spinal stenosis and had to get injections once in awhile that helped. Hope it will make him feel better and you make sure you withhold :whistle:till he behaves himself...
 
Jacky, sounds like you have a good plan! :thumb: I think the water will help Norm a whole lot. He will be able to stretch and do movement without having to worry about balance and if wherever you go has a whirlpool, stretching in the warm water will help his muscles loosen up. I know when one if in pain all the muscles around the painful area tense up and it can be hard to relax them. Guys are typically not that much into stretching but if you can get him to do, it ought to help a lot. Thanks for giving us an update! Give Norm a big :kittykiss: from me! :)
 
Debbie_joints Actually, the way it was explained to me is, an epidural helps reduce swelling in the bulge which should return the discs to a normal position, who knows, that's why they're the experts! :shrug: We just hopes it works! As far as withholding :whistle:, we'll see, he is quite the charmer when he wants something, in his own quiet, shy way! :)
 
ElanorG Thanks Lisa, I do think the water PT will be great for him! He so wants to go to Alaska so bad, so I know he'll do all he can to improve his recovery! In the up coming 48 years of our marriage I could never get this man to do anything he doesn't want to, so it's up to him to put the effort into his own recovery, and if he doesn't, he loses, I've stopped trying to be his keeper way long ago! We're both happier that way! I will be sure to give Norm a big :kittykiss: from you, however I'm not sure how much he would like the wet face, but it's worth a try! :heehee:
 
Sometimes you have to try something first before you know you like it. So hopefully he will want to go to Alaska bad enough that he will look at the water and stretching as "medicine". Kitty kisses are not wet, just a rub on the face. :)
 
Kitty kisses are not wet, just a rub on the face.

I'm afraid mine would be though! :shrug: Oh, he wants that Alaskan trip really bad, so I down play it and say, hey if we don't this time we will another, he doesn't like that, he wants it now, so I know he'll work his butt off! Plus, one of the worse things Norm hates to lose is money, so even though we have taken travel insurance, we would still be out $1000. dollars, that does not sit well with him!
 
Jacky, I'm glad to hear that there is a reasonably conservative plan in place for Norm's back! It sure would be a shame to put that trip off!! My fingers are crossed...
 
Janet2012 Thanks Janet, we're crossing everything too!:rolleyes: We are staying very positive about the trip, so I'd better get my butt back on my bike and get some more of this weight off!:bicycle1: :bicycle2:
 
Hi Jacky, finally found your thread again...:) I hope the epidural works for Norme, anything to relieve the pain. My husband has 3 bulging discs and the exercises to strengthen his core really helps...but he has to take pain meds as well but this combination seems to be working for now. Fingers crossed that you can go on your cruise. [Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
 
JustmeT Thank you so much for your well wishes Tessa! I hope your hubby keeps getting relief, pain is such a pain, pun intended! I don't fully understand what happens to us as we age, but I'm really not fond of it! I showed Norm your post with the picture and we both agree, we needed that tonight! Thanks again! :)
 
Jacky48. Jacky my friend, I sure wish Norm some pain relief!! My Lar has 4 herniated disks in his back, so I know how terrible that pain is.

Give Norm a great big hug from me!! And here's one for you Jacky girl :friends:
 
Titianlady Thank you sweetie! I showed Norm your post and now he expects a hug! :heehee: I so hope for the best for you and Lar, and hugs back at you both my friend! :friends: (((((HUGS)))))

Stay well my friend and I look forward to hearing when you'll get your other new knee! :thumb:
 
Good luck to Norm and I hope the Alaska cruise works out. I am glad the latest Carnival debacle didn't phase you! I heard wonderful things about the Alaska trips. Also when getting your room, you are supposed to try to figure out which side has the icebergs so you can watch them fall and break etc on your side. Maybe others know something about that. Or maybe I just dreamt it!
 
Brownie51 Hey kiddo, where have you been, I missed you! Thank you for your well wishes! Norm and I so look forward to our trip, no matter what happened on the Carnival cruise! Stuff happens in life and if you let it stop you from living, than you lose all meaning of life! We are traveling northbound and our room is on the main deck with a big picture window, so hopefully we will have great views!

Please post on your thread so it will bring it upfront and we can comment on it! :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom