Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacky,
I will be sitting here (that's how things feel the best) waiting to here how Norm makes out on Wednesday, so please let us know when you can. Thoughts and prayers are going out to him for a speedy recovery.
 
Thank you Rose! I will report back as soon as we have more information! :) You're a good friend and I appreciate your comforting words! :friends:
 
Ditto. I hope Norm gets a better report on Wed. And we sure will be sending kind and healing thoughts your way.
 
You know I am rooting for Norm too, gotta get him back into top nooky form again. He must be very frustrated.
 
Ah, the mystery of the brain! :skep:

Yes Jacky, the Mystery! I am having to retrain my brain because now when they tell me I am walking with my foot straight in the alter-g it looks like I am twisting in inward in my mind! Feisty Felice, is always reminding me in personal training to get the foot straight "please"! Then she flashes one of her big smiles and I know something's up.

It's funny. If I mention lightening the weight or reducing the amount of reps or anything she always says "OK!" Then I find out I should not kid with her because if I said lighten the weight we do lots more reps. If I said reduce reps, we increase weight! I have learned that the only thing I want to do, is what she wants todo!" LOL :rotfl:

I don't give her a hard time, well not at least during workout anymore! :heehee:
 
Hope things go well with Norm. Sheesh sometimes life is tough, I know you would just like some peace. No more Dr's for just a little while.

Thank you Linda, peace and NO MORE DOCTORS would be great for all of us wouldn't it!:thumb: Norm was just saying this afternoon, that when he meets up with the man above he's going to have one long talk with him and ask wht???.:scratch: Then he said, he'll probably just tell me, Hey you don't make cars to last forever do you, so I don't make people to last forever either, I just make new ones!:rotfl: Sometimes he cracks me up!
I suppose we're lucky in the sense that we alternated our disablilities, because if he had had this last year when I had my knees done, we would have been in a pickle! Gotta count our blessing where ever we can!:)
 
You are lucky Jacky that Norm didn't have this when you had your knees done. I only had one knee and then Dave with his spinal surgery was hard enough. Remember looking at our way too filled up calendar each day to see just who had to go to the doctor or therapy, or had to go after more pills. Always something.
 
Oh Deb, we often talk about if our situations would have collide last year,:yikes: we would have been in one heck of a pickle! We count our blessing where we can!:thumb:
 
Thank you Janet, We do look forward to more news tomorrow and we do hope it's not a dismal as it sounds today!
 
Jacky, I am thinking of you and Norm today. Good luck and let us know what the doctor says.
 
KathyH ElanorG Thank you ladies! Our appointment is at 10:40and we are so looking forward to it! Norm is walking a little better, I did get him a cane last week and for the most part, he uses it! At first he balked about the cane, but I told him I'm not taking him anywhere if he doesn't use, because if he goes down I can't help him up! :)
 
What is it with men and not wanting to use a cane or whatever they need. Dave's dad was like that too and it cost him dearly as he was at the farm and he went down in some loose gravel and laid there for at least 20 minutes until someone found him. He had broken his hip. This wouldn't have had to happen. He did have to use it after and until he died. So sad though, so you bark at Norm Jacky and show him who is boss.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
I know the feeling, Jacky. You're a smart lady to make Norm do the right thing. Men can just be so bullheaded about the most necessary things that seem to attack their manhood. Fingers crossed for a good report today. Will be keeping you both in my prayers.

Take care--keep us informed--we care. [Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom