Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the things I loved about our health care overseas was that it was often the doctor running the tests and always a doctor sat down and went over the results before I left. Instant gratification if you will.

I love that instant gratification too, especially when you're worried about something and ya just want to move on to the next step! Heck, isn't that why they invented the microwave ovens! :)
 
Our doctor called with results from Norm's MRI he had yesterday and it doesn't look good! He has 5 buldging discs in his lower back.:sad: Next step is to see a spine specialist!:shrug: Now the game of wait and see!

On a good note, I did go out and got the fix'ns for our Valentines day dinner, stuffed lobster tails, filet mignon with mushoom caps, baked potato and anise (fennel) salad.
 
Sorry to hear the poor report on Norm! Have you been working him too hard? What does one do for that? Dinner sounds scrumptious! That should make him happy - he's lucky you are such a good cook! I have chicken noodle soup for dinner, and I didn't make it. My anniversary is next week, so I'll save that as a special dinner, to go out to a special restaurant.
 
Sorry to hear about Norm's back. Usually I hear about one bulging disc. He must be one tough customer! I hope you have a lovely Valentine dinner. Lindsay's off the Coumadin and all she's wanted are greens, so broccoli, salad and...?
 
Jacky,
Really sorry to hear Norm's report. I reall can empathize with him right now. I hope he can get in to the specialist very soon and have things taken care of. I sure will be saying a few prayers for him and you. And dinner sounds delish!!!
 
Jacky, I am so sorry about Norm's back. I can't imagine 5 bulging discs; one ifs bad enough. I hope you are able to get in to see the spine specialist soon. :console2: Your Valentine's day dinner sounds wonderful! You need to have your own cooking channel. Take care my friend. :friends:
 
Oh no, poor Norm and poor Jacky. What will this do for your cruise you have planned? Sure hope you will be able to go on it. I am thinking he will have to have surgery? Keep us posted. At least he waited for you to heal from your knee replacement.
 
Jacky 48--O my gosh, no wonder Norm is in such pain. There is just no position to get away from disc pain. It is hard also to have to just standby and not be able to do anything to alleviate it. Gentle thoughts to Norm.
I hope you two were able to enjoy the blackout and candlelight dinner. Randi is fixing me a Valentine's supper --with greens!-- now that I am off the Warfarin. I'm feeling like I've passed the ENDLESS three week hurdle with my first post surgery appointment appointment. He is pleased with my progress and I'm delighted I could get up and down a flight of stairs on the ferry (to the bathrooms) on the trip over and back from Seattle.
ruffian
 
Sorry to hear the poor report on Norm! Have you been working him too hard? What does one do for that? Dinner sounds scrumptious! That should make him happy - he's lucky you are such a good cook! I have chicken noodle soup for dinner, and I didn't make it. My anniversary is next week, so I'll save that as a special dinner, to go out to a special restaurant.

Thanks Janet, I haven't been working Norm any harder than normal, which sounds boring, but it's not really!:heehee: And certainly haven't worked him at all in the last couple of weeks, that's for sure!
I'm not sure what they'll do, however we've got an appointment with a highly rated spine specialist's PA next Wed., so we're keeping or fingers crossed! We got the news of the report from our Internist and she told us 5 buldging discs, however she really wasn't sure how to interpret the results fully, so we're hoping it's not as bleak as it sounds.:shrug:
Dinner was delicious, if I do say so myself, actually Norm said so too! He hasn't been on muscle relaxers for a couple of days, so he was able to enjoy a glass of wine with dinner. Oh yeah, I was extra naughty and bought us each a small piece of, chocolate fudge brownie cheese cake to top it all off! Yummy!
Happy upcoming anniversary! It will be nice to celebrate with a special dinner!:friends:
 
Sorry to hear about Norm's back. Usually I hear about one bulging disc. He must be one tough customer! I hope you have a lovely Valentine dinner. Lindsay's off the Coumadin and all she's wanted are greens, so broccoli, salad and...?

Thanks Randi, Hopefully it's not as bad as our Internist painted it! Norm worked really hard in finding a specialist who can see him sooner than the one our doctor setup, which was for the Feb. 28th. He got an appointment this morning with an even better spine specialist for next Wed. 20th. We're staying positive for now for a good outcome!:thumb: We did enjoy our Valentine dinner!:)

I hope you and Lindsay enjoyed your Valentine dinner as well!

Stay well you two!
 
Jacky,
Really sorry to hear Norm's report. I reall can empathize with him right now. I hope he can get in to the specialist very soon and have things taken care of. I sure will be saying a few prayers for him and you. And dinner sounds delish!!!

Thanks Rose, I've spoken of you, to Norm, many times telling him all that you have dealt with with you neck and back issues! You have been through hell and back, that's for sure! You are one strong lady, and quite an inspiration my friend!:console2:
 
Jacky, I am so sorry about Norm's back. I can't imagine 5 bulging discs; one ifs bad enough. I hope you are able to get in to see the spine specialist soon. :console2: Your Valentine's day dinner sounds wonderful! You need to have your own cooking channel. Take care my friend. :friends:

Thanks Lisa! Norm and I are hoping that the news is not as bad as our internist stated! We do look forward to seeing the specialist next Wed. morning for better clarification, until then we're keeping positive thoughts!

Hahahaha, well now, having my own cooking channel!:skep: I'm afraid my dear friend that I'm not quite ready for "prime time" as they say!:loll:
 
Oh no, poor Norm and poor Jacky. What will this do for your cruise you have planned? Sure hope you will be able to go on it. I am thinking he will have to have surgery? Keep us posted. At least he waited for you to heal from your knee replacement.

Thanks Deb! Well as far as the cruise is concerned, we've already booked and paid for our flight and we've already paid for our down payment and the rest is due next week! We did purchase travel insurance, in case we need to cancel. So, for now we will make the last payment and carry on until we know more, if we have to cancel, then so be it, we will cancel and make plans for another time! The insurance we bought covers the flight and the cruise. We don't look forward to cancelling, because we've planned a long time for this trip, however there's always another time. The important thing is that we still have each other! It does bring Norm almost to tears when he thinks of cancelling, so I'm working really hard at keeping his spirits up with positive thoughts!

Funny you should say "At least he waited for you to heal from your knee replacement", just yesterday he said "Thank god this didn't happen when you had your knees done, we're quite a pair aren't we!", all I could say is "Yes we are" and gave him a kiss, after all he is my valentine!:)
 
Jacky 48--O my gosh, no wonder Norm is in such pain. There is just no position to get away from disc pain. It is hard also to have to just standby and not be able to do anything to alleviate it. Gentle thoughts to Norm.
I hope you two were able to enjoy the blackout and candlelight dinner. Randi is fixing me a Valentine's supper --with greens!-- now that I am off the Warfarin. I'm feeling like I've passed the ENDLESS three week hurdle with my first post surgery appointment appointment. He is pleased with my progress and I'm delighted I could get up and down a flight of stairs on the ferry (to the bathrooms) on the trip over and back from Seattle.
ruffian

Thanks Lindsay! Yes, Norm is not a happy camper at the moment and it is frustrating to watch and not be able to help.:gaah: Hopefully we'll get some answers next week and we can go forward from there! We did enjoy a very nice dinner and each other's company as always!:)

I'm glad you're off the blood thinner, that's such a worrisome drug, and you were able to enjoy greens for you Valentine's supper, it's good to get back some normalcy.:thumb:
Congrats on the great report from your doctor, and being able to maneuver the ferry staircase!

Stay well kiddo!
 
Dear Jacky,
I'm so sorry to hear about Norm's discs. That is one painful thing to happen! I do hope that the specialist can offer some solution next Wednesday.
I slipped just one disc while I was pregnant (with two toddlers running around, too!). I couldn't have most drugs, because of teh pregnancy. The slipped disc cured itself after one week in hospital, lying flat on my back.

Best wishes to both of you.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
Jacky, am so sorry about Norm---poor thing----I know he's miserable. But he sure is eating good. That valentine supper was to die for!!!! Sure hope he can get relief soon. Will be keeping you both in my prayers.


Take care---I know you'll keep posting. I care. [Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
 
You need to check out my last post to Tashia---she wanted something funny to cheer her up regarding her root canal. Tough assignment, but I think I pulled it off.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom