Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacky48 I so do what you do! I have been trying to force myself to go up and down stairs normally. Going up is no problem, but I keep forgetting to do the same going down. But going up sometimes I grab the handrail and other times I don't. But the biggest thing I notice is sometimes I just go up and it doesn't matter which leg I use first, but if I think about it, like you, then it will be up with the good, down with the bad. Hugs!
 
Just a proud gandma today, my son has informed us that his son, our 16 year old grandson has been selected to join the National Honor Society!!!!:yay: He's such a smart kid! He already know that he wants to be a doctor! I don't know if I told this before, but he's got his grandmas genes, blue eyes and brain!:heehee: Anyhoo, my feathers are puffed up today!:thumb:
 
Jacky,
Congrats on the great news with your grandson. I know how you feel,my nephew made NHS and then became the president at his school, what a proud Auntie I was.
 
Jacky, that is wonderful! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree here I guess! Must of got his smarts from his grandma! Puff away, puff away! I am so happy for you. :yay:
 
Just watched the movie, "Iron Lady" with Meryl Streep, about Margret Thatcher, and OMG, enough tears already! I saw so much of my mother-in-law's mind set in that movie! Norman and I pretty much cried through most of it! Okay, again, I need to go first! :thumb:
 
Maggie Thatcher was one strong woman! And the UK has her to thank for not being in the currency mess that the Euro countries are now experiencing.

I must admit that seeing her mind failing brought back memories of my own mother, and I cried too.
 
Celle My "Like" is more for memory than sadness! Sad as it was, she was a very strong woman and she had a wonderful husband and soulmate! Lucky us who can rejoice in this beautiful feeling!

The U.S. should be so lucky to have such a woman in power! And, I think the time is near!
 
Jacky, your grandson getting NHS is such an honor and will open so many doors for colleges - of course if he has that, I'm sure he has plenty of other wonderful accomplishments as well. And then there is that gene pool! Congrats.
 
Thanks Lynn, I'm sure our son sees the "door opening" factor and we see the "academic factor", however knowing that that boy has it in him, we will always kick in what is needed to get him there, monetary wise! We are lucky to be able to do that for our kids and grand kids! Neither Norm or I were affluent in our upbringing, however we always knew what was important in life, so we are always ready to help our kids and grand kids and if there's anything left then others will get it! :) It all feels good!
 
It does feel good. Joe and I were also from less affluent backgrounds. Although we don't have grandkids yet (later-in-life marriage and kids), and while we had careers which afforded us a comfortable lifestyle, we lived fairly modestly (except for travel) and have been able to save considerably and raised the girls to be cautious consumers. They appreciate they have been able to graduate college (and one law school) with no debt, because they know how difficult it has been for so many of their friends. Your family is blessed to have you and Norm!
 
Jacky, two questions: 1) how do you know your brain is blue? 2) do you mean Hillary?
Congratulations to you and your grandson for his accomplishment. It's so easy to love these great youngsters (yes, I can use that word now). You are such a sweetie pie when you talk about your family. :yes:
 
Like you, Jacky and Lynn, we started off with almost nothing and lived frugally until we saw our kids through tertiary education. When we were first married, everything we had, including all our clothes and ourselves, fitted into a little, second-hand green Mini car. When we moved into our first house, our furniture was a bed, a $10 table and 2 orange crates. Oh, and we had a small portable radio.

While the children were growing up, we had camping holidays - just as much family fun, but cheaper than hotels.

We've been able to help 2 of our children into their first homes (they paid us back, but our loan saved them from paying high interest rates). Our oldest son has health issues and will always need some financial and emotional support from us. We'll always help our 2 grand-daughters, too.

We've set aside money for family and we're spending what is left on traveling, as all but our oldest live abroad. They can't always travel to see us but, while we are fit enough, we will travel to see them.
 
NightQuilter Thanks Lynn! We do think our son and daughter appreciated not having college loans to pay when they finished as well! Norm and I started with $600 in our pocket when we got married in 1965, which bought us 3 rooms of furniture, we were quite frugal which allowed us to do that for our kids. We were lucky as parents to have kids who took pride in getting a good education, I suppose it could have gone the other way, so Norm and I are thankful for that, as I'm sure you and Joe are as well! Lucky us!:friends:
 
Jacky, two questions: 1) how do you know your brain is blue? 2) do you mean Hillary?
Congratulations to you and your grandson for his accomplishment. It's so easy to love these great youngsters (yes, I can use that word now). You are such a sweetie pie when you talk about your family. :yes:

rlwintin Randi, you had me cracking up!:loll: 1) blue eyes and brain! Good catch! Obviously you were more alert at 1:52 am, than I was at 4:30 pm on Thursday!:heehee: 2) I must say, I was not fond of Hillary a few years back when she stayed with that baffon of a husband, however she has proven herself to be a strong, intelligent woman. There are many very smart woman capable of running this country and I now believe she could be one of them. I suppose we'll see!:shrug:

Thank you Randi for your kind words!:blush: There are so many great young kids in this world, and I believe they don't get enough respect some times! I love my family, they are my world! Some times I tend to get too mushy, but heck who's going to tell them if I don't! Maybe it's because I didn't get much of it when I was a kid, however I do think it made me a better person as an adult! I guess I'm a big "huggy" type!:)
 
Congrats Grandma, and I am SURE that he got it from his Grandma!! :) My girls, sigh, only did so so, but when I was working it was nice to be able to finally help them out once in awhile. Things are real tight now since I lost my job and started my disability claim. Living off savings so not as much to share these days. But.....my grandbabies are doing amazing in school. Have 6 grandbabies total, and 4 of the are on the principals honor roll. One is too little for school yet, and the other one is smart too, its just getting him to focus is the problem. Hugs!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom