Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Janet2012 Janet, we did keep our power, it's amazing Connecticut didn't lose too much power so far, however the winds are still blowing pretty hard, so knock on wood! In that picture where the sunroom door is open and the inprint of the door in the snow, the window to the left is our bedroom window, and the grill is that mound behind the drift! I started to shovel at least in the doorway so it doesn't start melting into our sunroom, and I got as far as the first window and I was whipped, it was higher than I am tall! I figure that mother nature left it there and she can take it away! We're due for some rain this week, so this should all be a good mess!
 
Debbie_joints Deb, Steve is a good neighbor and very fit I might add! I'm sure I could come up with a treat, since Norm is out of commission now, poor guy can barely move! Did you jinx me, you bad girl!:heehee: I guess I'll have to have another one of these:martini: . We will be held up for a while, at least until Wed. Norm goes in for his MRI on Wed. The muscle relaxer he's taking helps some, but not nearly enough! He went down the cellar this morning and it wasn't pretty, he came back up holding dearly to the hand rail, now he really understands what I was going through before my knees were replaced! I don't think he really needed to go that far to understand though!:skep:
 
Oh poor Norm, it is so hard to watch your spouse in pain. I know that. It is one thing to have to deal with it yourself, but when you see someone you love in pain, that is so hard too. I would think Norm would be out of commission. I thought the way you were talking that he must be one heck of a stud muffin. Well, he still can be, but better cut him some slack.
 
ElanorG Thanks Lisa, we will be playing low for a while I'm sure! We are happy that we picked this community to build our new home, the people are all very nice and caring! Thank goodness we didn't lose power, cause I really don't think I would have ever made it to the grill!
Just took my braise short ribs out of the oven, looking forward to a comfort food meal! Yummmm!:) Thank goodness we have power!
 
Debbie_joints You know he was okay up until last Sunday and then a hell broke loose! Friday he asked, and I said, I think you'd better take it easy on your back until we can find out what's going on there! He agreed, but reluctantly! Geesh, poor guy looks so sad, and keeps saying he hates being like that, like he could help it! He'll always be my stud muffin!:)
 
As I was saying, before my finger so rudely deleted my post on the iPad, I love the snow! We don't get much around here so it is a real treat. I grew up in northern Illinois and I loved the snow all winter long. Where are your snow shoes and cross country skis? Wait a minute! Cross country skiing (mountaineering) is how I blew my knee in the first place back in 1980, leading to the sorry state of affairs we see today. Never mind the skis! As for the neighbor, a smile from a pretty girl is probably the best reward ever! :yes:
 
rlwintin Aw shucks Randy! :blush: Cross country skiing always intrigued me, it looks like a lot of fun! Snow shoes I would love, because this neighbor of mine was able to walk on mounds of snow! He looked like he was the king of the world and he looked so happy! They moved next door to us shortly after we moved in and he seemed to always have a frown on his face and his wife always had a smile, but today when he was out playing in the snow he was all smiles! He and his wife are both hikes, bikers, boaters and who knows what else! They are a little younger than us and I hope they go down that way!
 
We love to snow shoe and you can really get out there. We live on the wild Olympic Peninsula in Washington and are only an hour from the mountains and snow shoeing in Olympic National Park. I think it will be even more fun now with new knees! :happydance:
 
Jacky, hoping will find some easy answers with his MRI today. Trouble is, the tech can't tell you anything. When does Norm go back to the doc to find out results from his MRI?
 
All this snow talk is making me cold! But, what caught my attention is that the discussion was about real life. It's so nice to share different things. I am in Utah right now, and we have had plenty of snow, very cold, and the air is awful. Can't wait until the doc lets me go back to sunny Calif. So glad you are all doing so well.
 
Debbie_joints Funny thing is that when we got home Norm got a call from the doctor's office saying that they got a fax stating that his MRI got cancelled! He told them, uh no, I just got back from getting it done, and he told them that the tech told that they should have the results in 48 hours. We'll have to wait and see I guess. I'm expecting no sooner than Monday! I'm hoping they can give him some relief quickly!
Norm turns 70 on the 21st and our son is planning a big surprise birthday party for him at a high end restaurant Hartford. Our son is hiring a limo to pick up himself and our DIL, his boys and their spouses, and then pick us up to take us all to the restaurant together. Our son is a sweetheart!:) When I told him about his dad, he said, mom don't worry about it, if dad's not up to it we'll do it when he feels better, let's just see what next week brings! So, I'm still hoping he'll be better soon, I miss my old Normster!:sad:
 
hapiheylo I hear ya Linda, we've had over 35" last weekend and now we're expecting another 3"+ in our area tonight! Okay, I cry UNCLE........:beg:
 
Jacky, how weird was that, that they called after he had the MRI and said it was cancelled. Hoping they have the correct name on his MRI and that he will get his results sooner rather then later. Bet Norm is feeling sad as he wants to be his old self especially for Valentines day tomorrow. How sweet of your son to plan that for his dad for his birthday, hope he will be feeling better by then.
 
Holy, moly Debbie don't scare me like that, having someone elses name on the MRI!:yikes: Thankfully they called him by his right name!
Ahhhh, Valentines Day! He will always be my heartthrob!:yes:
 
One of the things I loved about our health care overseas was that it was often the doctor running the tests and always a doctor sat down and went over the results before I left. Instant gratification if you will.
 
I came over to ask for prayers. :beg: I have my final dentist appointment for the tooth tomarrow. :yikes: I need all the good waves, prayes I can get. :thud: I will be in the dentist chair for over three hours if everything goes right. :scary: Prays needed. I am so not looking forward to this but I do want it done and finished. :shocked: I will let you know how it turns out. :eeeuw: Tashia
 
tashia My dear Tashia, you have all the prayers I can muster! Everything will be alright, just think very positive thoughts my friend! And , if you have a portable CD player, might I suggest you bring along a nice soothing CD tape to listen to while the work is being done! It help to distract ones self from such undertakings! Good luck hon! :console2:
 
Thanks, I had forgotten about that. I will see if I can find one, I know its somewhere around this appartment. Hows the snow? Have a good week. Tashia
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom