Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The nurses often have a hard time hearing mine. The last time she had me do this maneuver lifting my arm up and then down and then she could hear it. It was higher than usual--I'm usually 110/70 (my lower number was higher than I ever remember in the 80s. I wonder if it was that arm thing...)
 
Speaking of BP, you know those BP setups they have in most of the drug stores like Walgreen, or Rite aid for you to sit and take your own BP? Every time I sit down and stick my arm in one, no matter where it is, the thing pumps up, does its thing, and then screams ERROR. LOL my husband asked me if I was a zombie or something because I can never get a reading from them!

Even the digital ones at the Dr don't work on me, the nurse knows to get the BP cuff and stethoscope when I come in.
My BP usually runs 118/ 78 normally.
 
LOL Jacky, my sister is staying here with me and we were laughing at our born again virginity status. She said she has me beat by a long shot though.
 
Jackie, thanks for haring the kneeling tips. A lot of places on my legs are numb, and that includes my knees. So, although it doesn't hurt to kneel, I feels WEIRD! So much so that I can't stand it! Blech. We'll see if the conditioning will help my brain accept the weirdness.
 
Interesting about the kneeling. Do report back. I'll give it a try when I get back. I don't quite get how you roll five towels, stack them and not have them fall all over. And it sounds like this is in the floor? Did he give lessons on getting up off the floor?
 
Hi Janet, You brought up a great point about the rolled towels falling over, so what I did was tied both ends with twine and again in the middle, it must be tied really tight. Now the getting up part. He did not give lessons on that, however I tried it on the side of my recumbent bike and it took a lot of arm and leg muscle getting up while holding onto the bike. I suppose you can hang onto the couch or coffee table. I would suggest having someone close by at first. This exercise will also help strenghten your leg and arm muscles. If 4 towels aren't high enough at first I would add more towels to get started, which I think I will do since it's still a long way down and up. Good luck!
 
Jacky, that is so great about your appt! And I love how they taught to kneel. Great to hear!
 
Thanks Lisa! I was quite pleased, especially the part about, these knees should last me a lifetime! Little does he know that I plan on living until 150, shhhh, don't tell my kids I want them to be surprised! :rotfl:
 
Just think of all the presents you will be able to buy for the hoards of great, great, great, great granchildren you will have by the time you are 150! :happydance:
 
:spin: Well, if you are going to last to 150, then the only way to go is with all your faculties, otherwise it is not worth it!
 
I'll give it a whirl! LOL! Funny thing is that hubby and I are married "til death do us part" and if the poor sucker thought he'd get off easy, oh well!!!!!:heehee:
 
Well, you will just have to explain to him that he has to make it to 150 too! But will HIS knees last a lifetime? :happydance:
 
He's one of the lucky ones that didn't inherit any arthritic genes, but I'm not sure about his mind! Now that scares me!:whistle:
 
Thanks Rose, I can't believe I'm saying this, because I was so scared last time, but I am looking forward to it.

I was talking to my sister in Florida this morning and she asked if I am going to do it again, because she wants to wait until I'm done before she commits to getting the shots herself, to see how I make out. Sisterly love! :skep: I think I'm her ginnie pig! :heehee: Scaredy cat!

I hope all goes well for you for you neck and your back, as well! :thumb:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom