Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, Jacky!
I'm just catching up reading some threads. My goodness, I'm so sorry about your BP troubles and the yucky feeling that you are experiencing. How are you feeling today? Is there anything that you can snack on that won't make you feel bad? Its going to be a beautiful, almost summer like day in CT tomorrow. Maybe something yummy on the grill?
I care!
 
Thanks Rita, or hummm....:scratch: That was being helpful, right?!:heehee: Yeah, I think deep down Janet wants to cook, but her husband makes her go out to eat, poor woman!:heehee:
I do count take-out Chinese food as going out to eat, some one has to pick it up, so it must be!:thumb:
 
Hi Nyland, Thanks for caring! I have started to take only half of the BP med that I thought might be causing the low BP, 3 nights ago and I'm taking BP readings twice a day. I am starting to see a difference in BP reads and I am feeling a little less weak. I did make a couple of nice steaks on the grill Fri and yesterday I made some crab legs and a nice salad, which my husband finished making, cause I was starting to feel weak again, but by the time dinner was ready I felt much better and ate like an oinker. So there's hope yet to save my brain!:heehee:
 
Jacky, I'm sorry you are still having that loss of appetite. I have had issues with normally favorite foods leaving me feeling sickly just at the thought of them.. I didn't however, lose any weight! Good or bad, my appetite has recently returned to something approaching normal. It's a relief to be past the yuckies! I hope you get it sorted out soon!

Rita, on the flip side, I made chili yesterday for 18 to take to my daughter's for James' 6th birthday party. So, I sort of made take out!
 
LOL, YES Jackie, there is hope for your brain!! Let's get that BP problem kicked to the curb!
 
Thanks Titianlady, I believe I am making progress on the BP front. It a week today that I made change to my BP meds and I have not had that spotty vision or weak feeling that I was before, as I knock on wood! My whole being feels more normal, so maybe now I can get back to my exercises and do some walking outside without feeling like I'm going to pass out!

Since I am feeling so much better Norm and I have decided to drive down to Florida for Thanksgiving to be with our daughter and granddaughters, so looking forward to that.:happydance:
 
Jacky I can relate with the BP issue... I knew I was borderline high BP before surgery but kept it under control watching my diet and exercising, after surgery in the hospital it was out of control.. duh :doh:obviously the pain had a lot to do with it but they insisted on putting me on medication for it, now after 7 weeks I am light headed and dizzy a lot, poor appetite (which has it's weight loss benefits but I enjoy eating! darn it! :heehee: ) I take my readings twice a day and they are lower than they have ever been but still in the "normal" range... I decided to play doctor and take one pill every other day and see how that works... the days I take one I am nauseous and a little dizzy.. looks like a trip back to the GP is in order now..

Hang in there knee buddy!
 
Jacky,
How is your neck doing?? You haven't mentioned it in awhile. I need some well wishes, tomorrow I go to the PM Dr. to find out where he will be sticking me with the needles again and how many I get.
Will let you know what he says later tomorrow.
 
Roxie, I really feel your worry about your BP. I am on 50mg of Atenolol with a line in the middle, which means,to me, that I can cut it in half, so that give 25mg plus I take another on with a dietetic in it. The Atenolol is the one that can cause lightheadedness and blood lose in your fingers and toes, which I was experiencing since I also have Rynaud's (sp) decease, called the "red, white & blue" decease, which this drug intensifies. I didn't connect the dots until my neck & spine OS said my spotty vision was not connected to my neck. Anyhoo, I think I'm on the mend and I truly hope you get yours figured out as well, because that is the most god awful feeling!

So Roxie, if you could cut you pill in half and try that dose for a while every day, it might work, but you are right in contacting your GP.

Stay well my friend! :friends:
 
karmigirl, Hi Rose I was going to tag you to wish you luck tomorrow, but you beat me to it!
My neck is slightly better, so I do look forward to the next shot on Monday (I can't believe I just said that and in writing to boot.) :heehee:

I do look forward to hearing from you tomorrow, and I am sending all the angles out to help! :angel:

Stay positive my friend! :friends:
 
Yes Deb, we so look forward to this trip. And, I am so happy that I'm finally feeling well enough to make the trip. Our daughter divorced this year and she sounds the happiest that she has in a very long time, although it was very hard for her because she worried about the effects on her girls, and luckily they are handling it well. We didn't want her to spend thanksgiving alone without family, all she has is his family down there. So we are planning on making homemade raviolis, old family recipe on my husband's side of the family, and lots of baking with the girls. Her girls are very competitive and try to see who can make the most raviolis.
Norm and I love to stop in different states and try their different foods, I swear we could eat our way through this entire world, and with these new knees there will be no stopping us! :thumb:
 
Jacky, that's something to look forward to! Family at the holidays seems especially important. I remember the year we were home from Europe for Christmas and my daughter in Atlanta was too far along in a pregnancy to travel. We celebrated Christmas Eve and morning here with family, and then went, along with her two brothers, to the airport, and were at my daughters house by dinner time. When I told her a few days earlier that we were coming she just about cried she was so happy. I know how much this will mean to your daughter and granddaughters, as well as to you to be able to do this for you all!
 
Janet, you made me tear up, I'm so excited! I can't wait to hug her and my granddaughter, and I know Norm feels the same cause he kept worrying that we couldn't make it. We could fly, however we enjoy the drive down and the change in scenery.

I love your story of surprising your daughter! You all will have that great memory of family time! :thumb:
 
Jacky,

Things are fine; I am just frustrated. The walking just is not coming very well. Last Friday my PT did a lot of deep work on my calf and hamstrings and the leg felt like a million dollars and I walked the best I have that day. But then it tightens up the next day and no matter how much I stretch I can't recover what he produces. So I feel like the walking is sort of stuck. I know my weight is a factor and the fact that the other knee is not so good but it just has me a little down. i can finally start getting in the pool so I am hoping that will help the walking more. Thanks for asking! :puppysmooze:
 
I'm sorry to hear of your set back, however this silly recovery game is a lot like two steps forward and one step back. What a dance we must endure for success, and succeed we will my friend! It's just that we just don't like to relinquish power to our knees, however if we think about it, they always had the power that's why we have our knees replaced, we want that power back! Simple as that! And we will get it back! :thumb:

Stay well my friend and stay positive, great things will happen! :friends:
 
Jacky, sorry to hear about your BP. Amazing how complicated things can be when BP is messed up. I recently had issues with BP too. Finally have my meds figured out, I think.
Sounds like you are going to have a Wonderful Thanksgiving!
 
Thanks Vicki! It's amazing how you can fix one thing like bad knees and we have no idea what a bad effects our bad knees had on our system. I am taking so much less BP meds now then before my BTKR, that amazes me on how that pain was effecting my body, as I'm sure it does you too.

I am so excited about spending thanksgiving with our daughter that it makes me giddy! :dancy:

Stay well my friend! :friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom