Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacky, I am glad your neck has seen a little improvement, and hope that next shot you will see further improvement, it would be awesome, if all it took were a couple of shots, sparing you from surgery, well at least for awhile anyway. I know you are prepared to have surgery if you need it and if its the only way to alleviate your pain for good.
I hope you will enjoy your upcoming trip.
I have had low blood pressure most of my life, until lately now is runs normal where it should be. When my bp was real low I would experience a lot of syncope, which caused me to faint , especially when standing up from a seated position, occasionally it still happens so have to be real careful.
I hope you bp keeps stabilized....Take care
 
Thanks, it has been stable for some time now, lets hope it stays that way!
 
Great Sherly , just keep it in mind if you start to feel yucky check your BP!

Stay well my friend! :friends:
 
Hi Jacky!
I'm glad that your BP is stabilizing and you are planning a wonderful Thanksgiving trip! You, Norm, and your girls will have a very special holiday!
I've been so worried about BP these past few days.....not mine, my mom's. She usually has low BP, but this week it has been skyrocketing to 200 plus/ 100 plus. Her PCP is monitoring her. She lost 2 children and works 7 days week. She says that she can't slow down because she thinks too much of her son and daughter and will die of a broken heart....
I hope her PCP ups her BP medicine!
Glad you are feeling better. It will be a great Thanksgiving for you all.
 
Oh Nyland, my heart goes out to you because you have no control over someone else's life, not even your mom, sad as that is. Hopefully her docs stay on top of her medical needs and regulates her BP. A broken heart can not be avoided, when you lose children through death or when they move away, it has a lasting effect to your heart. At her age working 7 days a week won't lessen her stress from losing 2 children, she needs to talk to someone so she can enjoy the children she has left. Nyland hug your mom, she needs you more than she knows, and you need her more than you know!
I do look forward to thanksgiving so very much!

Stay well my friend! :friends:
 
Jacky,
I'm just catching up. Sorry to hear what you've been going through. Always something, but I think you're so right about how our knees have affected us in ways we'd never have thought of. Keep getting better.
 
Thanks Judy, I am very positive in thought, most of the time! I do realize that there are people who have a much harder roads to travel than myself and I am lucky for that. I definitely will work on "keep getting better"' thank you.
 
So true, that we have to keep perspective. It's hard, really hard, when we're in pain or feeling depressed. But how incredibly lucky we are to have the doctors, nurses, hospitals, technology, therapists, etc. to make the miracle of our new knees happen.
 
Jacky I will definitely keep on eye on my BP, right now it runs about 110/70, which is fine, but when I was younger and much more athletic it would go down to like 80/50, too low.
My husband has the high BP, and is on meds for that, and for the most part is keeping his bp normal, unless he forgets to take one day.
Nyland i am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mom's two children, I am guessing the were of course your siblings.
My mother lost a son, my brother, 30 yrs ago. And my Dad lost a daughter to as as well as my brother, so i understand how difficult it can be lose a child, and hope to never experience that myself, I def want to go before them.
I do agree with what Jacky said, "working 7 days a week, wont lessen the stress of losing 2 children, and that she needs to talk to someone to enjoy her remaining children."
I do hope and pray her DR.'s can help control her BP. Keep the faith:flwrysmile:
 
Well I had my 4 month (actually 4 months was Oct 1st) check up with my OS this morning, and all looks good. New x-rays were taken and he showed me them and said the cement look great and that these new knees should last me a life time!:yay:
He did tell me last visit that he would teach me how to kneel on my new knees this visit and he did. He showed me the x-ray of the knee cap for reassurance, saying how well positioned they are and such. Now for the kneeling lesson.

Take 4 rolled up towels stacked on top of each other for 5 times a nights while watching TV, during the 5 commercials, kneel on the 4 towels for 1 week, the next week remove 1 towel and do the same process for week 2 with 3 towels, and so on until you are kneeling on the carpet. He said, this should condition your knees for kneeling.

He also said, that a lot of surgeons say you can never kneel again, he said, that's not so your knees need to be conditioned just like the rest of you legs after knee replacements, but you have to be vigilant in doing this exercise in order for it to work, so you can feel comfortable kneeling again.

Anyhoo, that's what I learned today and I will try it and see how it works! I thought I'd share this with my knee buddies incase anyone is interested in trying it. Good luck!

Have a great weekend my BoneSmartie friends!:friends:
 
Jackie, that's great!!!! I will have to try that out. I have kneeled on my knee on my couch, but haven't put all my weight on it yet. Great lesson!! My OS just turned me loose and told me to do whatever I want to, but didn't show me how to do things. I guess he thought I'd figure it out on my own..case in point, the calf stretching exercises!! Thank goodness for BoneSmarties and Josephine!!
 
Jacky, I hope your BP gets sorted soon, I'm sure it will. And your trip to Florida to be with your family for Thanksgiving will be awesome. We will need to hear all about it on your return.
 
Jacky, I hope your BP gets sorted soon, I'm sure it will. And your trip to Florida to be with your family for Thanksgiving will be awesome. We will need to hear all about it on your return.
 
Thanks Kathy, I have been working on the BP and it is starting to behave, I have not had anymore spotty vision for at least 5 days now which is a great sign. The BP is running a lot more normal.
I am so giddy about seeing our daughter and granddaughters, report I will!:thumb:

Stay well my friend!:friends:
 
Jacky and all,
Since we are talking aobut our BP's today thought I would report what mine was at the Dr yesterday. 109/67 does this mean I am close to death, they can never believe how low mine runs.
 
Rose, you'll keep on tick'n for a long time kiddo!:thumb: As long as you're feeling well, your good to go! I'm surprised yours is that low with all that neck pain you're dealing with! You're doing something right!:yay:
 
Jacky,
I was very surprised also. I just usually run very low BP, I was had my Dr ask me if I read the OBITS that day he thought my name might be in it. I figured if it meant the end was near at least my knee lasted my lifetime :rotfl:.
I was so calmed down after I talked with the dr. and he told me he could take care of all the pain I guess I was really really relaxed or something.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom