Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Deb, you're mak'n me blush over here!:blush: On the serious side, I'd like to go with you to see your old therapist and I'll hold him down so he doesn't squirm so much! Team work I tell ya, team work!:friends:

How's Dave doing today? Debbie_joints
 
That would be great Jacky, teamwork. Dave is doing pretty good today. I took him to the farm while I went and got my hair cut and "revitalized". He liked going over there and catching up on stuff.
 
That's a great sign Deb, Dave doing something he likes like going to the farm. Good for him!:thumb:
 
Jacky, what.a nice story! What a nice thing to do! Seems you made a good impression, then and now. :)
 
Thanks Janet, I enjoy going back and thanking people who treated me well when I was down. And it helps me remember when I was not at my best and they helped me get to a better place, my best has yet to come, as it is for you, but we are on a very good road ahead.
Get well soon my friend! :friends:
 
karmigirl , Did you get the same reaction every time you got your cervical steroid epidurals or were they different everytime?
 
Jacky,
What reactions do you mean? Yes I have always needed more than one to do the job. If you mean the symptoms every time the disc herniated those symptoms were different because of where the nerve conduction went to (what body part). The only bad reaction I ever had was itching all over my body (like little bugs crawling) which was determined to be an allergy to the lidocaine (numbing med before the epidural) we now only use marcaine and I am fine. Does this help. The way we knew it was time for surgery was when the epidurals did nothing at all for the pain.
 
Glad Jacky, you are doing so well with your knees, keep up the good work. I am very relieved to hear that your os mixes his own steriod injection. That was quite a scare. Hope you continue to see some improvement with the shot. take care..Sheryl:flwrysmile:
 
Jacky,
What reactions do you mean? Yes I have always needed more than one to do the job. If you mean the symptoms every time the disc herniated those symptoms were different because of where the nerve conduction went to (what body part). The only bad reaction I ever had was itching all over my body (like little bugs crawling) which was determined to be an allergy to the lidocaine (numbing med before the epidural) we now only use marcaine and I am fine. Does this help. The way we knew it was time for surgery was when the epidurals did nothing at all for the pain.

Sorry Rose, I guess I didn't make myself too clear. I meant like after I got up from the injection I felt really bad pressure behind my eyes and a pounding headache, which lasted that whole day and night and only slightly the next day and I was quite weak for about 3 days. So, I was wondering if I should expect that reaction again the second time around? Thanks!
karmigirl
 
Glad Jacky, you are doing so well with your knees, keep up the good work. I am very relieved to hear that your os mixes his own steriod injection. That was quite a scare. Hope you continue to see some improvement with the shot. take care..Sheryl:flwrysmile:

Thanks Sheryl, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones with my new knees, although I am still early on I have high hopes!
Yes it was super news when we learned that my OS mixes his own, however we are very saddened, as everyone is, by the people who have been diagnosed and those who are dying and the numbers keep climbing. Thank you, I do hope I continue to see improvement as well and I do think another shot is in order.

Sheryl, I can't wait until you get some much needed relief from your knee pain, no one should have to suffer with knee pain when technology is at our fingertips and insurance is in the drivers seat. Not fair!

Stay well and stay postive my friend!:friends:
 
Jacky,
I think it really depends if the symptoms were a side effect of the injection or if they were from the nerve being treated calming down. It also depends exactly were the the injection was adminstered (what level). I rarely have any reactions, but then I have had so many I think I am immune to them.
You have to keep in mind, also that steroids have many and various side effects. The main one that I might get is some anxiety attacks (that's just me) and not every time. Did you report the symptoms to your dr. when you had them, if not be sure to tell him when you next see him.? When my neck acts up I usually am having severe headaches to begin with so hard to say if the injections causes them. Hang in there and just be prepared that they may happen again but please let the Dr know.
 
Jacky was the headache related to a spinal headache? I was just curious.. I have had 3 spinal taps for a condition I have called pseudotumor cerebri .. (it's not a tumor -in Arnolds voice..lol) they have to let out some pressure in my head by removing cerebral fluid and each time I suffer bad spinal headache afterwards.. luckily it has been a year since my last one and hoping I finally have it managed by weight loss, which can be a contributing factor. Anyhoo.. those can be the most painful headaches!
I so appreciate reading your experiences and I have often wondered what will happen on that day we are expected to just crawl on up on something as if our knees are made for kneeling... what an experience you have had!
I am on the website now for those shoes.. my knees will appreciate them I am sure!! Thanks!
 
Jacky48,
When you go for your next injection ask them to give you pillows for under your knees when you are on the table. I still have them do that for me and it helps a bunch, forgot to tell you this before sorry.
 
Rose, the injection was administered between the shoulders aiming at C5-C6 bulged disc. As soon as I stood up I felt the pressure behind my eyes and that awful headache and I asked him why I was experiencing that and he said, because I injected a lot of stuff in there. Prior to the shot he did warn me that some people experience an epidural headache. I guess I just wasn't ready for it to be that bad. I go to see him tomorrow for a follow up and I have a list of things to discuss with him, and I suspect that we'll schedule another one for next weel, because he did say that he does them 2 weeks apart.

After I layed down the attendent did put a wedge thingy in the shin area, so it did keep the knee from full contact on the table. Getting though was a challenge, that's where I heard them mices squeak a little in protest.

Usually the headaches that I get from the neck pain is at the base of my skull on the right side, so maybe the fluid was traveling along that path and caused a bigger headache. Who knows!
 
Jacky,
I would agree that the amount of stuff was probably the culprit. I needs time to dissapate throughout the neck area, that is why they have you lay down after to it spreads, and it might be a bit of a spinal type headache also. As long as the dr. kmow about it I am sure he will keep a good eye on it the next time. Glad to hear you are having improvement from it and hopefully it will mean NO surgery for you.
 
Roxie, It could have been a spinal headache, because of where he put the shot I don't know, this is the first shot like this I've ever had. I like the Arnold accent, you made me laugh out load.:loll:

Those shoes are the best I've ever owned, thanks to Janet! The slippers are the best in the house, and the walking shoes have improved my gate tremendously! I will buy more for sure. I think both your new knees will like them.

Stay well and stay positive my friend!:friends:
 
I am in total agreement with you Rose, and avoiding any more surgery is a big one!:friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom