Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jacky! Here it is! I found your thread!
I am so glad that your injection is behind you, and you got away with just a headache. Sorry about the snoring. Does Norm have a CPAP mask? Both my husband and son have sleep apnea and wear masks. Here's a chuckle for you: One day (several years ago , before my son was married and still lived at home) my husband was fixated on something out the window. He kept saying, "SHHHHHHHH, Listen." I listened, and asked him what I was listening for. He kept saying, "Did you hear it??" I kept asking, "Hear what?" He proceeded to get binoculars as he continued to say, "Shhhh, Listen!" I asked him what he was looking for??? He told me he could hear an owl and it was VERY close to the house. He continued to peer out the window with binoculars. LOL I Laughed so hard that it took a few minutes before I could let him know that there was no owl close by, that was his son SNORING. I got my son an appointment at the sleep clinic the very next day.
Again, I'm so glad you are ok. Take care!
 
hi Nyland, no Norm doesn't need one so he says. i on the other hand have worn one for many years, but since I've lost the weight I have worn it. I use to stop breathing several time a night. I think Norm should be checked, but you can lead a horse to water.....
 
Jacky,
My own thread probably has been closed since I haven't posted in it for awhile. my neck moves fine it is not stiff the range of motion side to side, and back and forward are a bit more limited now.
I more or less learn to adjust for it. Instead of turning head from side to side you learn to turn your whole body more. One thing I had real problems with was trying to wear my bifocal glasses, very difficult to move head the way it needed to see out of bifocal so went to contcts and reading glasses and everything is good.
In my case most of my problems came from all the bone spurs that I had (and still do) the wre pushing on the nerves once removed all is good. When a disc herniates it usually just gets a hole in it and the fluid leaks out, so the vertibrae collapse, but mine literally blew and they had to pick pieces of it off the spinal cord but no problem all was taken care of.
 
I understand, Jacky. My husband got his mask right after my brother died. I begged him and told him that I just couldn't lose him, too.
 
Good for you Nyland, sleep apnea can definately be fatal! I'm glad your hubby listend to you. So sorry about your brother.:console2:
 
Rose I was looking for your thread before and couldn't find it. Can you move your neck alright with all those fusions or is it stiff all the time?

As for the pillow, I sleep with one of the curve ones and the small curve seems to cradle my head and support my neck pretty good. Last night was extra sensitive though because of the shot. I might have to change, who knows.

Thanks for the info!

Jacky
Just wanted to let you know if you need me just tag me and I will see it. I am usually reading all the posts at least once a day.
 
Thanks Rose, I just never tagged anyone yet. Not sure if I'd do it right. I'll give it a try, when I have a concern. Thanks again! :thumb:
 
Well I managed to scare the daylights out of myself. I had the "cervical steroid epidural" C5-C6 on Monday and felt like ****. Then after the Pres. debate on Wed we decided to watch a bit of the news. :yikes: What was one of the stories (There's an outbreak of meningitis from epidural shots used in the U.S.. Well that didn't sit well for me or my husband the rest of the night. We decided to put the thought on the back burner for now since they hadn't mentioned Connecticut yet. However the manufacturer is out of Mass. and we are close. Low and behold we were watching the news this morning and what was the breaking in story?, Some of the epidural shots had indeed been sold in Ct. and that it can take weeks even months for the symptoms to show up, so everyone should call their doctor. I had already made the decision to call my doctor's office today, but when we heard it on the news it put a bigger scare into both of us.
I called the doc, shaking the whole time cause I really didn't want to know, head in the sand type thinking, however I know that if I didn't call I would be a basket case by afternoon.

The call was short and VERY sweet! The nurse assured me that my OS mixes his own epidural solution on site at the time of administering the shot. The shots that are being recalled are pre-mixed at the manufacturer's facility. WHEW!!!

So please, anyone that might have had an epidural shot recently, throught the U.S. please call your doctors.

Stay well my friends!:friends:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
I am soooooooooo relieved for you, Jacky. Must have been a looooooooong night! How is your neck? Is the pain being taken care of by the injection? Keep us posted.
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
 
Thanks Judy, My neck is still quite bothersome, but I don't have that pounding headache that I had Mon & Tue.. I do realize that I may need more than one shot, so I am ready for that. Thank you for asking.

I hope Paul is doing better today and I'm happy to hear that you are getting a little more rest.

Take care my friend!:friends:
 
Jacky, I am so relieved that you checked this out! I heard this news today and immediately thought of you. I couldn't imagine you hadn't heard about this, but thought I should mention it in case you hadn't, although I hated to alarm you! Big relief!
 
Thanks Janet! Yes it is a big relief!:sigh: Especially when yesterday Norm and I set out to go to Target to get paper goods and the a high end grocery store to get Maine Lobsters on sale for $3.99lb for todays supper. I was feeling queasy in Target, but by the time we went to the grocery store I was darn right yucky feeling sweats, lightheadness and almost passed out a few times. I don't recall every feeling like that, so we hurried and got out of there and I told my Norm to drive (I had to be sick for that to happen). On the ride home everything seemed to settle down, still a queasy tummy, but not like in the store.
So what does Norm & I think immediatety, of course, MENINGITIS!

By the way my alarm is always on, so do worry about alarming me, "knowledge is power" I heard that somewhere!:)

Stay well my friend and thank you again for keeping me in mind!:friends:
 
Jacky,
Beside the scared you got, just letting you know, the steroids can also make you feel those things you mentioned, sort of like anxiety attacks. Is the original pain ebbing a bit?? I hope so. Keep us posted, this is not fun to deal with. When I get my injections they sometime take up to a week to even start to take effect so hang in there.
 
Oh Jackie, I had heard about that on the news and wondered if that included the shots I get in my shoulder and thumbs as I am getting one next week and the thumbs at the end of the month. Bet you were scared right out of your pants. I know it would scare me. Glad the headaches are gone and hoping the rest of the pain goes away soon too. Is it a series of shots for your neck?
 
Oh thanks Rose, that is good to know! I'm still getting the stiff neck and spotty vision occasionally, which I hate, so I think shot two is in order. However it is less than a week and I don't know how long these side effects last. I'm staying positive though.

Stay well my friend! :friends:
 
Thanks Deb, I would check with your doc just to ease your mind if I were you. My daughter said, mom maybe the surgery is the way to go.
I figure if my OS mixes his own before injection, he knows what he's doing.

Stay well my friend and stay positive! :friends:
 
Just reading back through some of the posts here regarding snoring.. Bored, so came visiting from the "hippie side" .....

Laying here listening to my SO having a nap... Snoring away.. Haven't got the heart to wake him up and tell him to put his CPAC mask on..

He is very obedient during the night though when it slips to the side and the noise is so loud and he blows cold air at me he readjusts it or I turn over..

Stay well Mickey and Minney xxxxx
 
Hi Poppet, You made me laugh when you said that when the mask slips to the side he blow cold air on you, and oh yes it does get loud. I was a puffer type snorer and I would stop breathing, actually the stop breathing part was what scared my husband, he would tap me and say, Jack breathe, I would get angry that he woke me. So I finally got checked or it would be the end of a 40 yr marriage. I used in the hospital and at rehab after my BTKR, but when I got home I used it a short while, and lost 30+lbs and was starting to sweat aweful and stopped wearing it and so far no complaints from the mr. However if I start up again he'll let me know for sure. ;)

Stay well and stay positive my friend! I'll come visit you on the hippie side!:friends:
 
Phew, Jacky. What a horrendous scare for you. I can only imagine the worry and stress both you and Norm were going through. But thank God you are safe :thumb:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • sistersinhim
    Staff member since March 20, 2017
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom