Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you are on "top" of everything. I thought of you as soon as I heard about the shots. Always something, isn't it? I will watch your posts and hope this has a good outcome for you.:friends:

My neck is giving me fits and my arms and hands are going numb when I lie down or hold the phone. So I am going for an MRI on Tuesday.
 
Thanks Mimi, yes this world is one big ball of fire for sure. We fix one thing and dang if another thing doesn't come along and smack ya in the back of the head!:skep: All we can do is fight back with all our might and eventually win the battle.

I also was getting numbness in my arms, plus I have Raynaud's disease, which in extreme cold weather my fingers will turn white and have no blood flow, but it wasn't that cold and it seemed I was getting this on a daily basis covering most of my fingers. I think the pinched nerve in my neck was triggering it more often.

It seems like the shot has made some progress, but not enough to not warrant another. My right shoulder doesn't seem as sensitive and the right side of my neck is less sore but still sore. I can turn my neck a little easier, but not quite normal.

Isn't this neck pain debilitating? Some times you feel like your neck is not going to hold up your head.

Good luck with your MRI, I wish you the best. I will be checking you thread for your outcome.

Oh yes and the best part, I love your new avatar picture, those little munchkins are the cuties!:thumb:
 
Jacky, that is how Dave felt, that his neck couldn't hold up his head anymore. Do you wear a soft collar at all?
 
Thanks Jacky, I had to include the newest cutie! And in Dec. there will be yet another little boy! It took us 16 years to have 3 kids and it has taken 4 years to have 4 grandkids!!! And my youngest daughter hasn't had any yet.

I am sure my thread is closed, as I have not posted in some time. I will let you know when I get the results, as I sit here with heat on my neck:groan:.
 
Deb, I don't wear a soft collar, but I might have to if this keeps up.
Does Dave wear a soft collar now that he's had his operation and has to keep his neck still?
 
Wow 16yrs to have three kids, that is determination for sure.:thumb: Your kids are cutting the years down some so you can enjoy them more, grandkids are great! They are like mini "our" kids I'm always so taken when I see our grandkids act just like are kids did, with their smile tilt of the head and even down to their walk some times, it's really uncanny. They make you laugh!:loll:
I was looking for your thread and I kinda guessed that it might be closed. It seems like just yesterday I was reading your story and then gone, time does fly by for sure. I will be waiting to hear about your results.

My sister uses heat on her neck too, but it doesn't seem to work for me like it makes it more inflammed or something. Ice some times gives me some relief, but not much.
 
Jacky, yes Dave has been wearing a soft collar since surgery and some of the time before too.
 
Jacky,
If you are feeling some relief from the first injection then #2 is warranted. It ususally does take 2 or 3 the settle the whokle thing down. When you run into problems is when the first one doesn't give you any relief, that is when they decide they are not working and move on to step 2. I did not wear a collar except after surgery #1 back then it was the procedure, did NOT wear one with surgery 2 or 3.

Mimi,
Glad to hear you are being checked out so soon. If I can be of any help (I had my head screwed back on 3 times,as my husband says 3 cervical discectomies and fusions) please do not hesitate to ask. I do not have a current thread going so please just tag me and I will be glad to respond.
Love the new pic, the munchkins are adorable.
 
Thanks Rose!:friends:I was just reading on your 1yr post and in early July your knee locked up while sleeping and when you saw your OS everything looked okay but he gave you a shot for possible bursitis, how is your knee now? Has it settled down? karmigirl
 
Hi Jacky,
Good job of tagging me.
Yes the knee settled down right away. The bursitis was actually below the knee on the inside and he gave me one doozey of a steroid shot but it worked. I'll tell you it scared the poopoo out of me when it locked up like that and he really couldn't tell whaqt caused it. I think it is what is called pes anserine. The knee feels pretty good now just a bit of discomfort now and then especially with the change in weather, some tightness once in awhile, but not really pain. All I still take is 2 Advil 2x's a day mostly for other stuff Back ,neck etc.
 
Thanks Rose, you're my first tag ever! I am glad it worked! That locking thing always happened to be before I had my TKRs and if it happened now, especially for you it was a year out, it would scare the **** out of me too! I'm so glad it's feeling better for you.

Stay well my friend!:friends:
 
Jacky,
Next month I will be joining you in the epidural club AGAIN. I have herniated disc from T7-T11 and sciatic joint inflammation that every 6 mos I have to get injections for. Sure was glad to hear that they pulled all the bad steroids off the market. Please tell me you are feeling okay it really had me worried about you when the news came out.
 
Oh man Rose, you have to do it again. This aging thing is none stop never ending fun for some of us isn't it! Yes I am doing okay now that I know that my OS mixes his own solution at the time of injection. But, I think what messed up my tummy was the stress I put myself through until I found out, I'm a worry wart by nature anyway, but this kinda put me over the edge for a time. Norm who is usually my rock and keeps me on the calm side, was very,very worried and we both realized how serious this was. Even now, as the numbers of cases and deaths are climbing and reported on the TV I tear up for these poor people and their families who fell prey to some very non ethical people. This company has been brought up on charges before. Very, very sad!

Stay well my friend and I hope your next shot is beneficial for you. :friends:
 
I was feeling extra good today after my hair cut, so I decided to stop at the rehab place (where I spent 10 dys of my life post TKRs) and see how the people that helped me were doing and to thank them for their help and support. As I walked in I remembered that long corridor in front of me to get to where my room was and to get to PT, and I remembered how much I hated it because it was used as part of my PT and it took everything I had just to get half way.:yikes: I started my stride, with my new orthodic walking shoes on and said to myself, okay let's see who's boss now! I knew I wanted to walk all the way to the PT room to harass Rick the PT guy a bit,:heehee: so on I went greeting and thanking people as I went, especially the wonderful head nurse who brought me real coffee, not decaf, every morning. I felt so proud, I swear it made me feel taller, I was walking straight as an arrow, no limp, no hitch in my geddi-up, nothing, just straight normal walking!
I got to the PT room and Rick had an audience of 5 or 6 patients and giving instuctions of what exercises to do, he didn't see me enter, so I spoke up and said, like heck I want you to get down on that mat and do some exercises. He looked up and had the biggest smile on his face and came and gave me such a big hug, I told him I swear either you got shorter or I got taller, cause my arms went around his neck without any effort to reach. He steps back and say, look at you you're standing so straight and no limp, WOW! How long has it been he asks, I said, 4 months Oct 1st. He turns around and introduces me to the room and say, folks this is my most favoite Bilateral TKR patient ever, she made it fun to work with her! Well puff my feathers, if I would have known he was having fun I would have enjoyed it more!:heehee: He asked me if I would give a lady who was in with her new knee replacement the web site address to BoneSmart, which I gladly did and I explained some of what the site is about, so I believe we'll have a new member soon! Yipee!
As Rick walked me out he kept looking at my gate and commenting on how well I was walking and he thanked me for stopping by because he likes to see his client's progress and he liked it when he can share it with other patient. The sweet man even warned me about being careful this winter with ice and all. I told him I was a wuss and now that I'm retired if I see a mess out there I stay in! He looks at me in the eye and says, lady you're no wuss!:blush: The End!

Stay well and stay positive my BoneSmartie friends!:friends:
 
Good for you Jacky! Isn't it a great feeling of accomplishment to go back where you started this journey with your head held high and your stride in perfect time? You have come farther than that log walk in the hall in 4 short months! You go girl!:yahoo:
 
Thanks Mimi, I really think I surprised myself and I'm glad I stopped on a whim because if I would have thought about it first I might not have stopped in.
 
Yes!!!!!
Way to go Jacky48.
You are truly an inspiration to all of us ! :yay:
 
Thank you Steel wheels, I appreciate your kind words! That's what I like about BoneSmart, there are so many people who inspired me on this site pre & post-op and still do that I can never be thankful enough. Everyones story is so unique and there's so much to be learned and taken from so many different experiences, that it actually takes the scary out of scared! I learn from you, you learn from me and the good fortune goes around! Lucky us!:thumb:

Stay well and stay positive!:friends:
 
Jacky, you are such a sweet person. It is fun when you can joke with the people that are trying to help us. Me, I would like to go back to my first therapist and stick that measuring device, a goniometer, up his behind...:hissy:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom