Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacky, glad you made it through that with only a headache. Could have been worse. Yikes on having to crawl up on that table though. I would have freaked. Any restrictions now? You take care now.
 
Deb thanks! The headache is getting better, however I am starting to notice other side effects hopefully short term. I decided that I needed a treat to night, so as we're watch some Telly and playing on our iPads, I decided on a small bowl of ice cream with a lot of whip cream, and as I was holding my bowl with my left hand I found that my hand was shaking, so I reposition my arm after third try it steadied itself, spooky! :shrug: Oh well another learning experience to put in my mental library! Life is grand, no resting on your lorals(sp) that's for sure!
 
Ice cream, yummmm! My favorite is maple walnut, but I had my second favorite on, hand butter pecan. :thumb:
 
Jacky,
Glad your procedure came out okay. You will probably have some "funny" side effects for a few days, a the steroid takes care f the inflammation and the nerves start to settle back down. When do you have to check back in with the Dr. and sees how this works?
 
Thanks Rose, I go back to my doc in one week, but it's more like on Qct. 11th. He did say it would take a couple of days to see results, so I'm await'n and crossing my fingers!
I did have some side effect like when I was holding a small bowl of ice cream in my left had, my whole hand started shaking it took me 3 adjustments of that arm to steady it.
The headaches and pressure behind the eyes were the worse, I'm not normally a headache person except for this pain in the neck is a headache.
I did go to bed at 11pm fully expecting to get a good nights sleep, however Nope! Laying on either side caused pressure behind that eye and the temple and if I layed on my back the pressure was behind both eyes and the frontal lobe. I did get a kick out of my husband sleeping though, he always told me (because I usually sleep like the dead) that he hardly sleeps at night and that he envies me sleeping so sound nothing wakes me, well NO! We layed down and I could almost immediately hear his breathing slow down and out he was and in came theTHUNDER, he always told me that I snore if I lay on my back. Well I now have ammunition, he snores on his back and both sides ALL night long, I really had to laugh to myself. I told him this morning when he first woke up that I got 1 hour of sleep from 3-4 o'clock and I discovered his dirty little secret, that he snores all night no matter what position he's in. We have a way to make each turn over if our snoring wakes the other, we gently touch the other and they roll over. He said you should have touched me, I said hon I did a few times but it was useless since no matter which way he sleeped he snored. I do have a strange suspition though that I don't really snore, he wakes himself up with his own snoring and touches me so I automatically turn over. Me thinks he's
busted!:heehee: Even though I only slept 1 hr. I learned a lot! My headache and pressure has settled down and the bed is not far away, so who knows I may have a nice nap today!:thumb:
Mickey & Minnie rested well though and they were so happy to step into their new slippers this morning. I may have to buy another pair so they don't get bored to quickly.

Stay well my friend!:friends:
 
Oh Jacky, I have been where you are. I had herniated discs in C6 & C7. The first one C7 was taking care of in 1993 with getting the disc fused. They knew of the C6 issues, but it wasn't giving me issues, so they left it alone. Low and behold 13 years later, bam it goes nuts on me. Had the other disc fused and couldn't be happier with the results. Quick and fairly painless recovery. Good luck with the shots, I hope they do the trick. But wanted you to know the surgery works really well, at least it did for me. Hugs!
 
Thanks Gail, I really appreciate your input. Wow the C6 ones lasted that long without problems that's great, but now it has to rear it's ugly head when you're already going through so much! Not fair!!! Have you seen anyone for it yet?
I wish you the best and many prayers for your recovery my friend!:friends:
 
Glad your injection went well, have you noticed any decrease in pain with it, or will it take a little while to notice a difference?
Do you have to have a series of shots to be more beneficial?
Just curious my husband has something similar to what you describe, and at one point he was unable to use his left arm. He was told he had to have surgery with only a 65 percent chance of improvement. he decided to just go with the shots, and this has been 3 years ago and he has full use of his arm again, pt had helped some,but also he had strong will to to make it work and he did.
good luck to you, and hope you see a difference soon.
 
Thanks Rose, I go back to my doc in one week, but it's more like on Qct. 11th. He did say it would take a couple of days to see results....

Sorry Jacky, for some reason this post did not show up til after i had posted mine. Weird, so it will take a couple of days to notice any difference then. Good luck:thumb:
 
Here's my snoring spouse trick. I could just about kick him to no avail, but if I put my fingers on the back of his neck and gently massage his neck once or twice (note, I did not say wring his neck), he will swallow or something that stops the snoring. I have to pretty much push his shoulder to get him to roll over. I think your hubby is hearing himself snore. But sorry you didn't sleep!
 
Hi Sheryl, my OS said I should see some results in a couple of days, but I go see him Oct 11th. He did say that he would give me two shots when we first spoke, two weeks apart. I'm hoping it work!

It's nice to hear that it worked for your hubby, you both must be so happy.

Now to get your ball rolling for your TKR would be great! I hope that happens soon for you, no one deserves to be in pain indefinitely.

Best wishes to you my friend and stay well and positive in thought! :friends:
 
LOL Janet! I like the ( I did not say wring his neck) and I do like your trick, however if I did that to Norm it would signal something else and I was just not in the mood! He did that all night no matter what position, so I would be doing that massage thingy all night, and I can guarantee that by morning his neck would have been wrung! :heehee: Only kidding!
 
Jacky48 said:
LOL Janet! I like the ( I did not say wring his neck) and I do like your trick, however if I did that to Norm it would signal something else and I was just not in the mood! He did that all night no matter what position, so I would be doing that massage thingy all night, and I can guarantee that by morning his neck would have been wrung! :heehee: Only kidding!

Yes, well, one thing leading to another and you wouldn't have gotten any sleep anyway then. LOL! It doesn't actually wake him up, and he knows not to enter my bed space in the middle of the night. I need space to toss and turn, preferably by myself, when I'm trying to sleep!
 
Ah yes Janet very good point! LOL! That tossing and turning can get in the way! :whistle:
 
Thanks Jacky, we are just tossing and turning with new insurances. we are currently on kaiser, previously on blue cross blue shield, but we actually prefer the kaiser to bc/bc. my husband will be a new job very soon, and they have bc/bs. We will see how much it will cost to stick with kaiser, as we seem to get better results with them than with bc/bc, So we will see how it goes.
 
Jacky,
You might try sleep with less pillow under your head. I now have to use the flattest pillow I can find, makes me snore but helps the neck, and I can NOT sleep on my back because of the neck issues. Maybe hubby snored because they gave him the anesthesia instead???

Nanners,
I know from where you speak. Ist surgery was fusion for C6-C7, 10 years later 2nd was for C5 thru C7 fist fusion eroded, 3rd was a few years back for C4-C5, so I am now fused from C4 thru C7 with the possibility of C3 and C2. We just take them as the go, but know what you mead about the surgeries being easy especially in comparison the these knees.
 
Rose I was looking for your thread before and couldn't find it. Can you move your neck alright with all those fusions or is it stiff all the time?

As for the pillow, I sleep with one of the curve ones and the small curve seems to cradle my head and support my neck pretty good. Last night was extra sensitive though because of the shot. I might have to change, who knows.

Thanks for the info!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • sistersinhim
    Staff member since March 20, 2017
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom