THR MEPil on the recovery side

@Steelmanpa you have experience with a Diabetic animal too and know what the challenges can be. Cats can be reversed from Diabetes but from what I can find out, dogs can not. Ours is also blind now. I'm sure you miss your furbaby.
The discomfort I seem to be dealing with the most is very extreme soreness. The pre op pain is gone now it's post op discomfort. I have been nervous I'll do something to set myself back. We haven't seen any discharge or anything bad yet. I've had a bit of stiffness and the horrible soreness. Don't think I've had fever. I start therapy the 5th. And see my OS the 11th, very anxious for that visit. The recliner seems to be my comfort spot for me too.
 
@MEPil not sure if you're doing this already or not but icing is the best! If you're not already try icing for at least 45-60 minutes no less than 3-4 times per day. Actually I and others on here pretty much iced anytime we weren't up and about. Also try to elevate when icing, nose above toes. Ice can be your best friend.

Hope your therapy on the 5th isn't too strenuous, please know that if it hurts its more than likely your body saying stop. Right now sore and stiff is the norm, it will get better once you're able to move around more. It's usually not a whole lot of fun for the first two weeks but it's all temporary. Hope you have a good weekend!
 
@Layla thank you for all the food suggestions. I did order the vitamins pack today also. The pre op Immune drink was actually 3x day for 5 days before surgery. It can also be ordered off Amazon may have to have the OS prescription for it, don't know. I'm just extremely sore today so a lot of icing and elevation. Got a shower earlier, did exercises from PT at hospital and that's about it. Very sleepy and tired. This is day 4, maybe tomorrow will be better. Thank you for all your help. Have a great weekend.
 
@CricketHip thank you for Mojo's link, I plan to take a look at it. Have a great weekend.
 
@Boxerdad67 congratulations on your recovery as well, the very best wishes for you. The people on this forum are great and are so helpful. Our surgeries are very close so we are definitely sharing the same road. We will most likely experience many of the same questions and concerns.
Yes that’s true. I’ll continue to keep up with your progress
 
I have the same pre op drink recommended and bought but for my OS and hospital it is recommended 5 days pre op 3x/day and 5 days post op 3x/day. If it is on Amazon, you do not need a script. I figure it will not hurt.
 
@Mojo333 I have been reading some of your posts on your experience and oh my, you really dealt with so much. You also experienced the burning sensation in the same area I have been the past two days as well. It's giving me a bit more reassurance than I have had. I have decided I am expecting more of myself than my body can deliver right now. I am definitely not going to let PT push me if it hurts.
 
@leejaa I got mine at my pre op class. It tastes like a Vanilla Shake. Then the day before surgery I had to drink 2 20oz Gatorade drinks and 1 12oz Gatorade drink 2 hours before arriving at the hospital. I do believe they help a lot get you built up.
 
@MEPil and @leejaa I am intrigued by your talk about pre-surgery and post surgery nutritional drinks. There are a few brands. Would you mind sharing what brand you or the hospital chose?
 
@Noel310 this recovery road is different but very similar for all of us. This forum has so many wonderful people to hold our hands while we walk it. You are just days away before you join us here in recovery, my very best wishes for you. We will be waiting for you.
 
@VSlowLife the name of the drink I was given is Nestle Health Science, called Impact. It is an Immunonutrition drink in the Vanilla flavor. It tastes, to me like a Vanilla Shake. The OS is the one to say if one needs it.
 
@VSlowLife , I had the same drink advised. My directions were different from MEPil. My directions were to drink this for 5 days pre op 3x/day and for 5d post op 3x/day. I have more info in my pre op thread. This was advised and not mandated by anyone. I bought it from the hospital apothecary because their price was hugely better than Amazon. I did check out Amazon pricing as well going on their website and checking it out before I bought it. This was something new that they are advising at the hospital for all kinds of surgeries. I did not have these prior to my other 3 joint replacements.
 
@leejaa Thank you! Yes, Amazon sometimes has higher prices.
Fortunately, I was able to find multiple research articles supporting this. It is another way to support the body in fighting infection and healing not just muscle tissue, but fat tissue. Who knew fat tissue needed support in healing?
Bottomline, patients have a better recovery, and surgeons improve their statistics.
I will absolutely ask about this.
 
The day of my hip replacement class, we were all given a roller case with the items our OS wanted us to use to prepare for surgery. The case of the Immune drink was included so I didn't have to go out and buy it myself. It is a fairly new addition to the surgeries as drinking the Gatorade is also. I didn't do this when I had my knee replacement last September 2018.
 
:wave: new hippy friend!
One week out and I'm hoping you are doing okay.
When is your first postop appointment?
I know I felt reassured at mine.
It was ten days out ..I told my OS, he must have set it at day 10 as that was about the time when I decided not to hate him.:heehee:
Sending continued healing mojo your way....it will get easier and easier.:yes:
 
@MEPil Isnt it great not to feel all those referred pains anymore? We have to go through the recovery process, but being free of those pains or other weird sensations that came out of nowhere all through the legs and even to the foot...that is a burden gone!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom