THR Me2 and Recovery

Shouting from top of mountain! Put pants on ....,socks on......shoes on.....didn't quite get tied......BUT knelt on floor to look for shoes under the bed and got back up EASY PEASY WITH NO CLIMBING ......AND smile on hubby's face and all before 9 a.m.!


Sheryl from Pittsburgh
LTHR on 4/2/2014
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Me2 Heard your mountaintop shout all the way in L.A. :) Sharing in your joy and thrilled for you and your amazing recovery! Love your positive attitude and humor. Cheers to you, @Plumberbutt & team! @Dmcfad2 I know you're right there with them & @MajorHeidi isn't be far behind :)
Blessings for a smooth and pain free recovery to all!
 
I copied this from my post on Claire's thread as I wanted to remember for me too: Just thought of that I found it really interesting and encouraging to feel muscles in leg waking up each time I did therapy exercises. I could feel the "log" not existing a little higher up on leg. Same with the numbness. As I do the 3x a day, I could feel the exercises working in the leg differently. Listen to your body and go with your back timeline. I really am finding the therapy exercises help get the feeling back. Oh the first time I did adduction/abduction felt soooo good. That soft tissue hadn't moved in years! Just my impression though.

Spent most of yesterday looking for canes ....lost 2 out of 3. Really feels good to walk normal. Slept great last night--2 nights in row. I'll miss daytime naps but feels so good to sleep thru night and no anxiety at 4 a.m. I know I should take my daytime rests yet so will have to make myself.


Sheryl from Pittsburgh
LTHR on 4/2/2014
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@Plumberbutt. I do feel fantastic. -- only thing slowing me down is fear of loosening new parts, fear of "breaking" and having to tell doctors and the whole hospital knowing how I broke their masterpiece. Lol


Sheryl from Pittsburgh
LTHR on 4/2/2014
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Awwww you make me blush! Thank you ------ your friendship and words of encouragement, your cheerleading have made all the difference!


Sheryl from Pittsburgh
LTHR on 4/2/2014
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@Me2 How true. Although I'm sure we are all surrounded by family and friends who care, it has been the cheerleaders, well wishes, prayer sending and information giving members on BS who have made the difference:) Happy to hear that you are doing so well.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Sheryl, you are doing great! I love the exercises, too. Stretching those tight muscles feels soooo good. I especially love holding a stretch, then taking a deep breath and sinking down into it even more and feeling the slight loosening as the thigh responds. I am looking forward to my outpatient PT on the 21st. Hoping to get done new exercises to do. I'm still doing all the ones they send you home with.
 
@teakea66 You are so right! While we have fam and friends,
they have their own expectations founded and unfounded.
Especially, for example if your DH had a knee replacement... And then they impart what the 90 year old grandma at the healthclub did with her recovery... ha!
 
Way to go @Me2 you are doing so well.

Is hubby smiling because of why I think he's smiling?:heehee:
 
I could feel the "log" not existing a little higher up on leg. Same with the numbness. As I do the 3x a day, I could feel the exercises working in the leg differently. Listen to your body and go with your back timeline.

A general question: how.long does the numbness tend to last for most people please'? Aaprt from ice, what helps reduce it....?

Spent most of yesterday looking for canes ....lost 2 out of 3. Really feels good to walk normal. Slept great last night--2 nights in row. I'll miss daytime naps but feels so good to sleep thru night and no anxiety at 4 a.m. I know I should take my daytime rests yet so will have to make myself.

Did you lose them on the mountain....? :what: :)
 
The PT exercises helps me feel less numb. My numb isn't very deep, and I can still feel the adhesive! -- ice doesn't seem to affect my numbness.
 
Grrrrrrr. I had wrong day for appointment. Not til Wednesday! Sleepless night arranging for work cover and ride only to do over on Wednesday. Stupid


Sheryl from Pittsburgh
LTHR on 4/2/2014
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@Me2 I'm sorry....but you did something like I would do!!! Being off work, I seemed to have a hard time to know what day it was and keep them straight. Sorry you got all excited to ask "THE" big question, but just a couple more days!!! :wink: :yes!:
 
Hi Sheryl, sounds like the PT is going well. Glad to see your feeling good. I have not tried getting on the floor yet, might give that a try tomorrow. If is so awesome to see our lives slowly return to normal. Big snow storm yesterday, went with hubby to put horses in barn, got the hay and grain, but hubby had to haul water. Our barn faucet does not work. I see OS Thursday, hoping I can get clear to drive, I am a right THR, hope so soon. Hubby is getting cranky, cuz we live outside of town.
Cheers
 
Life is getting back to normal . . . today was 70 degrees but I think your snowstorm hits us (hopefully as rain) on Wednesday. So good to hear you are actually "doing" the horses! I did feed the guys today for first time. Something so good about being in the barn and nuzzling with the horses. Our barn faucet pretty good, but I may "never" be strong enough to haul water again:sorry:. :heehee: LTHR so I am hoping to drive -- now I have to wait til Wednesday though--wrong day for appointment, and the office was totally closed. :shrug:
 
Keep up the positive energy, really sounds like you are on the down hill slide! hopefully Wednesday you will be able to laugh at today's mistake!
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom