THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

Glad to hear you're alive and well @Mayhip8 ! Sorry hip2 is still barking but at least we know there can -and will- be a happy ending for that one at some point. :angel: I miss you all (and all our other recovery hipsters) with our banter. It was like a special friendship, a real support group. My hip is great but covid is getting wearying... Take care and let's go somewhere nice. I'll try to check more frequently. Hugs from the Midlands.
 
Ah. @Mayhip8 ! I'd about given up hearing from you again. Have thought of you often too, hoping you're staying safe at work and everywhere, with all that is going on in our world.
I planted tomatoes this summer and actually harvested some! So glad to hear you are gardening. It feeds the soul and the veggies and flowers come regardless of Covid! Thought of @ChrissyW too with all the school chaos we have here, hope she is managing with her students!
All goes to show you, back in the innocent days when we traveled, how little we know about the future but there's hope! And meanwhile we can travel again soon!? I'm so glad you are ok Mayhip and will pray Lefty sustains you while Righty does not plague you too much hip-wise!!
We are all well. My nurse daughter did have covid but after a few rough days recovered well, the rest of us have been ok so far ! Please stay well and hopeful and mobile (these hips have become my best friends!) and I'm up for travel any time!
Love to all!
@Calgal @Elf1 @Layla
 
Hello my lovely hippy sisters, it’s my second anniversary +1 day today and I’ve been thinking about you all recently, it’s been terribly remiss of me not to keep popping by, but it doesn’t mean I’ve not been thinking of you. As with everything else the pandemic has somewhat disrupted plans. And as yet I still haven’t had my second hip replaced. I’ve had a few minor health issues - mainly allergies, and ovarian cyst which I’m awaiting investigation of, I’ve put on a lot of weight and my blood pressure and blood glucose suggested I had diabetes in February...so I got on my jolly health kick and lost over 32lb and brought my blood sugar and Bp down to the lowest it’s been in three years so I’m ok on that score again.! As soon as I get The all clear from my allergy tests which are due on Thursday, I can consider the removal of the cyst, and then when I’ve recovered from that will try my hardest to get put back on the waiting list for a hip replacement.! Who would’ve thought we’d be here after two years?!, It goes without saying that it has been a very stressful time and I’ve continue to work from home, which it works out okay, but I do miss the camaraderie of my colleagues.

So I’m going to have a peruse through some of these latest postings to see and catch up with you all - happy hippy anniversary to you
@ChrissyW @ahipgma @Calgal@Elf1
 
Wonderful to hear from you @Mayhip8
Congrats on getting your health in order, and hopefully to work on hip#2!
I am enjoying retirement, and here we are coming out of Covid a little and our CDC said we could ease up with mask wearing if fully vaccinated! Woohoo!
I can wear lipstick again!
We are just traveling a little on our side of the country this summer, New Jersey and Boston. But I'm up for a hippy sister trip anytime. @ChrissyW did you get published yet? It seems like ages ago that we got our ice packs and canes and traveled the globe together. With @Layla popping in every so often to marvel at our energy.
Here's to summer, including our @Calgal, stay healthy and happy, enjoying the better weather
Love to all
 
Happy 2nd hipaversary @Mayhip8 !! Missed your date a bit, but glad to read of all your hard work getting fightin fit again and ready for #2. :thumb: I'm doing great hip-wise. Lots of gardening despite our wacky cold Spring. I've thought of you often and worried about you working in healthcare during this covid ordeal. So happy you've been safely ensconced at home. :angel:. Take care my friend and keep us posted on hip #2 status. We'll be here to rally round!
 
:wave:As ever with me, always late to the party!! We are all 2 year plus now, how time flies ( well not really in lockdown land !) lovely to hear from everyone on this thread. Miss you all my lovelies @Mayhip8 , @ahipgma , @Calgal and our 'guardian' @Layla :spin::loveshwr:
 
Well, it feels strange to be here again! Five years after my original first post following left hip replacement. I was meant to have my right hip replaced within three months after that however, one thing and another meant a delay . I am finally going for my pre-op appointment tomorrow and may get an idea of when I can expect surgery. This forum helped me massively last time and I met so many people (virtually. ) I look forward to meeting up new you buddies soon. Xxx
 
Welcome back @Mayhip8 :wave: Do you have a date for your surgery yet? If so let us know and we will update your signature. And just to refresh your memory here is our list of pre op articles and suggestions:

Hip: pre-surgery considerations

If you are at the stage where you have joint pain but don't know for sure if you are ready to have surgery, these links may help:


Score Chart: How bad is my arthritic hip?
Choosing a surgeon and a prosthesis
BMI Calculator - What to do if your surgeon says you're too heavy for joint replacement surgery
Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:


Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced hip, take a look at the posts and threads in stories of amazing hip recoveries
 
I missed the alert @Mayhip8 ! Will be following you on your next rodeo! Good luck and keep us posted!
 
Welcome back, @Mayhip8
Also...Hi @Calgal
I remember you both very well. I am sorry you've needed your hip replaced for so long, hopefully you're able to get it scheduled soon. :fingersx: Stay in touch!
@Mayhip8
 
Hello again @Mayhip8 ! I hope this time things go smoothly for you and you soon have that shiny new hip.
Hi @Calgal :wave::wave: waving at you both.... it's fun to see the familiar faces return.
 
Thank you everybody for your kind wishes, sadly my mother-in-law died the day after I went for my preop so I postponed my surgery. I have a new date now for the last week in September. I am awaiting confirmation of the actual day however it’s only a few weeks away and the thought of being pain-free, Gladdens my heart! I’ll be keeping in touch and would love to hear from any of you and see how you’re doing too ❤️
 
So sorry for you loss, @Mayhip8.

Do let us know when you get a surgical date so we can revise your signature.
 
So sorry to hear of your loss but thrilled your next op isn't too much longer to wait @Mayhip8 . Take care my hipster pal. :console2:
 
Sending condolences on the loss of your mother in law, Mayhip.
Hope to see you back here soon with a THR date scheduled and on your way to physically pain free.
Hugs :console2:
@Mayhip8
 
@Calgal and @CricketHip
Thankyou for your kind messages
I have a date!
Thursday Sept 26 th
I have an education day on 16 th Sept and have had second pre-op so with all the prep hopefully things will be “ action stations” New hip ( hip hooray)
As an aside The date is also my sons 21st birthday- He’s getting a pain free mum for his birthday
And I have a significant birthday this weekend, follwed by my 20 year wedding Anniversary on Tuesday so I have plenty of positivity around at the moment ☀️
Sending love and positivity to all
I”ll pop back with birthday cake in a few days
@Layla and @benne68
 
Congrats on scheduling surgery, Mayhip!
Also, Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary!
Lots to celebrate in the days and weeks to come. Enjoy!
@Mayhip8
 
This is so true about the second go around! But I also found that the old saying about "no two hips are alike" was true. Nothing really earth shattering but what worked with Lefty didn't work so well for Righty.
Just like my kids!!
I loved having my first THR done in September. The milder weather made for some nice walks... I hope that holds true for you too.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom