TKR May I have some cheese with that whine?

@daughter stalker Sorry that you are going through all of this. You should definitely get a second opinion. It is so frustrating not to be heard. I would think that your OS would have wanted to meet you for your one year anniversary. It is his handiwork after all. I know I would want to know if my work was less than perfect.

I hope you get some answers soon.
 
I agree you need to see someone who has a better understanding of what may be going on in your knee. Since you're in Orlando, here is a recommendation for you:

broken link removed: https://doctors.orlandohealth.com/Haidukewych_George-Orthopedics

Orlando Health
1222 S. Orange AVE
5th Floor, MP 43
Orlando, FL 32806
Phone: (407) 649-6878

https://www.orlandohealthdocs.com/leveloneortho/
 
She stated that the scar tissue around the patellar implant is the most common cause of this type of issues.
 
Thank you @Jamie! I will research him. How do you know about him?

He is one of our recommended revision surgeons. I collect names when I attend conferences and chat with the surgeons in attendance. This particular doctor is known by one of the BoneSmart staff members. Please do report back on your experience if you contact him or get an appointment. We always like to hear how things go to be sure our recommendations are good ones.
 
@daughter stalker
Even if you do go to a different O.S, I would still let your O.S know how you have
Been treated at his office :headbang:
I just had my 1 yr. Appointment & it was with my Surgeon. I wouldn't expect anyone else
To see me.
Good Luck in your search for answers,
Thinking of you :friends:
Diana :loveshwr:
 
I don't know if I could do an MRI with a TKR

I didn't know either, even though Josephine assured me that I could. So I rang my local hospital and got put through to the MRI Unit. I was told that they scan metal knees and hips all the time. The only restriction is that they don't do it for the first 6 weeks after the op.

The technician adjusts the scanner to enable it to cope with the metal. Sometimes they get a disorted image, but all they do then is take another scan. There's an article in the BS library on it.
 
Maria,
I'm really sorry to hear about this, and also about the way you were treated. I had my 1 year checkup last month, and it was with the OS. Your OS should have seen you. Good luck with the second opinion, and I think that is totally the proper course of action at this point. Keep the faith, and I'm hoping for the best of outcomes for you. Roger
 
It has been a while since I posted. No change here. I am continuing to do my exercises and living with daily stiffness. A constant daily reminder that I had a TKR. I am giving myself a little more time before I go for a second opinion. I don't think I am ready to hear that my knee is as good as it is going to get anytime soon. :cry:

I've tried Graston, acupuncture, massage and physical therapy. I truly believe my knee is as good as it is going to get. :sigh: I kind of regret having had my TKR. I had some bad days before surgery, but every day wasn't a constant reminder that I had a bad knee. I didn't have great expectations of my knee feeling like a 16 year old's knee after all was said and done.

I will get off the pity train and get on with my life. Acceptance will need to do for now. Sorry to be such a downer. I really didn't expect it to be like this.
 
Hi, Maria,
Sorry to hear how you feel. I know where you're coming from. I'm at almost 16 months now, and I have to wear the knee brace constantly because of the looseness. If I don't, then I get moderate pain in the ligaments and the knee cap. I still have the constant clunking. I'm going in for a second opinion on Thursday, with a well know revision doc. My original OS says that the spacer is probably one size too small. But I think there's more to it than that. I think there may also be Patellar Clunk problems.
I read that 15% of TKRs have outcomes that are less than perfect, and that the surgeons can't find anything wrong with them! It's amazing that we put a man on the moon 45 years ago, but we still haven't perfected the TKR. I'm wishing the best for you. Roger
 
It is often helpful to get that second (or third or more) opinion from a really good revision specialist. There is a lot of balancing of ligaments that must be done with knees. At a conference I attended last December one of the panels spent quite a while discussing particular cases and it helped me realize what a real skill set is required to get a knee just right. There are revisionists who can discern these subtle problems and fix them. It never hurts to talk to someone about it.
 
@daughter stalker .....You hang in there!!!! I can only imagine how frustrating its been for you......

Perhaps these "magic words" will help in some way......

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!

:thumb:
 
He is one of our recommended revision surgeons. I collect names when I attend conferences and chat with the surgeons in attendance. This particular doctor is known by one of the BoneSmart staff members. Please do report back on your experience if you contact him or get an appointment. We always like to hear how things go to be sure our recommendations are good ones.

@Jamie I have an appointment tomorrow morning with Dr. H. I'll let y'all know what he says. It has taken me some time to get my nerve up to see another OS. I'm sure he is a wonderful doctor. I just haven't had the guts to hear what a new OS would say. Keeping my fingers crossed that he can help.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom