TKR May I have some cheese with that whine?

Dear D.S.,
Happy Kneeversary:dancy::egypdance::happydance:We bow to your Greatness,:bow::bow::bow:You sound like you
Are doing well. These new knees are stronger than we give them credit for :yes!:Have a wonderful
Weekend trip. Hey, if you run into president Obama, tell him to move over. That you are the true
El Presidente & he will :bow:In your presence.:rotfl::loll::rofsign::loll:
I am soooooooo Funny,
Take Care,
Diana :cheers2: @daughter stalker
 
Hey everyone! I'm just checking in after my whirlwind DC trip. I survived!!! When I came home Monday my ankles looked like small grapefruits :yikes:. Ice and elevation. All my muscles were absolutely sore, but that was to be expected with all the walking we did. As for the knee...it held up. A bit sore, but no PAIN. :yay: I did wear my neoprene sleeve after the first day.

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend! :flwrysmile:
 
[Bonesmart.org] May I have some cheese with that whine?
I'm guessing, Maria, that the grapefruit ankles and sore muscles are worth the good time you had in DC. It's one of my favorite places---and there is SO MUCH to see.

Now back to the mantras for you!
 
Does the sound of pulling apart Velcro when standing or straightening the new knee ever go away?
 
It should eventually lessen. Are you having any pain associated with the sound? Or pain when walking or standing???
 
Dear D.S,
I am sure you walked miles on your outing. :shocked:Sometimes if I walk my dog down the street
For 20 min. My ankles hurt, my thighs hurt, my knees get that "Velcro Feeling"my calves hurt.
It does go away, I usually take Aleve or Advil, that helps.
Once Again.....I hand you your crown as El Presidente of the O.D.I.C
Once Again......I bow in your presence...:bow::bow::bow::bow:
Take it easy Today & Tomorrow & I'm sure you will feel better:console2:
Sincerely,
Diana:flwrysmile:@daughter stalker
 
@Jamie there isn't pain as I rested the patellar tendonitis and think it has subsided. I have heard the Velcro ripping sound since 5 months after the TKR. I think that since I hear a sound my mind believes there is a little bit of pain, but truthfully there isn't pain. The sound just scares me sometimes as it did before the TKR. I am assume that the sound I hear is scar tissue just getting in the way of my knee moving. By now I thought that I would have broken up the scar tissue as much as I sit and get up or straighten my knee from a seated position.

I stopped the stationary bike riding the week of my DC trip and haven't been back to the gym yet. I knew that there would be plenty of exercise (walking) while in DC. I will begin riding the bike again this week. I've been doing isometric exercises for the quads and stretches these past two weeks. And yes, icing and elevating this past week. The ankles were probably just the amount of standing, walking and sitting on a bus for many hours without standing.

I still have some stiffness/numbness over the kneecap and stiffness in one muscle in my hamstring that wraps around to the front of the knee. I have been able to ignore it most of the time, but wonder if that will continue also.

The scar tissue keeps growing back after I get it broken up? I went to a massage therapist every two weeks for two months and had her break up the scar tissue with her working on the knee for one hour each time. Still sound. I was just wondering if the sound would continue. My OS doesn't think that it is anything to worry about since it doesn't cause pain. Should I be concerned or should I just live with it? I just wanted to know if others were experiencing this sound and if it was normal.

@new knee in June I hear ya! I have been taking it easy. As easy as I can for me. :rotfl: I hope all is well with you! :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!
 
Well, then....I don't think you should worry about the sound. It is possible that it will diminish with more time. It will be good for you to resume your aerobic activity. Of course, if pain should appear at any time, that would be a different matter that you should see your surgeon about.
 
Happy Easter everyone! :curtsey:

Update time :phone: - Today makes 10 months since my TKR. Wow has time flown by! I am not 100% yet, but feel that I am better. I still have stiffness over my kneecap and in one hamstring muscle that wraps around the back of my knee. I am not pushing exercise as I did at the beginning. :chillpill: I do ride the exercise bike two to three times a week and ride for 40 to 45 minutes each time. :biking: I am now afraid to push myself as I did at the beginning. I wonder why? :rotfl: I can laugh about it now, but I sure couldn't back then. :yikes:

I wish everyone a kneeasy day! :flwrysmile:
 
@daughter stalker
Happy Easter to you & your family :) Happy 10 month knee Anniversary :dancy:
You sound like you are doing well....I've cut down on my gym time, I can only walk
The track 2 days & on the 3rd I have to rest.
This roller- coaster keeps us guessing, O.D.I.C looms around every corner :skep:
But, we shall rise above & conquer our demons.....because I say so.....:rotfl:
Have a wonderful day,
Diana:loveshwr:
 
Hi all! Just dropping in to say hello! The knee is giving me fits from time to time. Oh, I am listening to the knee now and don't over exert it. :chinstroke:

I wish someone would have told me that I would be reminded daily that I had a TKR. Before my TKR I had good days and a couple to three really bad days in a row. Now I feel the stiffness EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! :tantrum2: It reminds me that I had surgery to my knee on June 20th. :xmark: I want this stiffness to go away. :tantrum: 10 1/2 months should be long enough!
:gaah:

Other than having the stiffness all is well in Mickey's Place! It's the most wonderful place in the world! :) Have an awesome evening and thanks for letting me have a pity party tantrum! :kitty:
 
Some people take longer--fingers crossed that the stiffness diminishes over the next month or so.
 
Hi DS, everything you have said is exactly the same for me. Only difference is I am at the 15mth post op stage. There wasn't anything unusual about me knee pre op. Obviously I was bone on bone but that's standard. So I don't know why I am taking so long. I've an appointment next week with the surgeon. It will be interesting to hear what he has to say.

I know that we are all different - but can we really be THAT different? Where things have gone wrong its understandable, but standard ops for standard folk. How can some manage it in 4 months and others are still struggling at 1year plus? Beats Me. Carol
 
Hi all! Today I am going to a chiropractor who is certified in the Graston Technique. I am going to have an evaluation. We will see if this will help with the scar tissue stiffness I feel. Keep your fingers crossed for me that this helps! I am a little late on the 11 month update, but will let y'all know how it goes.

Have a kneeasy day! :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Maria, I am very interested to hear how you get on with the Graston Technique. I too have what I think is scar tissue which seems to be getting worse. A few days ago I went back to see my surgeon. All he offered was more physiotherapy. He said arthroscopic arthrolysis was possible but in his experience is rarely successful and increased the risk of infection. I am in the process of seeking a second opinion.

Do you have any concerns letting a chiropractor work on your knee? I googled Graston Technique and it said it could be painful and you might get bruising.

It would be useful to hear from any other bonesmarties who have used the technique for scar tissue problems and what they thought of it.

Please let me know how you get on. Carol
 
@daughter stalker
Hello :wave:
It's so good to hear from you :) Please post the results from your chiropractor, It would
Help so many folks on this forum. I hope you have a long weekend ( Memorial Day ) I have
Monday off with pay:yes!:
Take Care,
Diana:loveshwr:
 
Hey @patient 99,
I went for the evaluation and found that he seems to be quite knowledgeable with this technique. The Chiro has been performing this technique since 2004 with very good results. He evaluated my knee and stated that "Yep, you have scar tissue built up in there." He also stated that possibly the Velcro sound might go away once we loosen up the IT band, hamstrings and quads. He believes that all those things along with the scar tissue is what the problem is. My knee cap is quite tight. He wants to try a couple of sessions after today. If it doesn't seem to make things better then he stated that we should quit and he will refer me to someone who can help me with my problem.

The Chiro thought that the PT did a great job with my external scar :thumb:, but there was one place that it had not released. :oyvey: I see a big difference after the evaluation and one session in the dip releasing some since there was quite a big dip in the skin where that part of the external scar adhered to the soft tissue.

I am willing to go through some pain of breaking up the scar tissue if it will help in the long run. It wasn't any more painful than the scar massage that the PT did on me. The pain is brief and goes away. Maybe I am used to pain and it really doesn't bother me. The constant stiffness bothers me more. I am not too worried about bruising. I bruise when I bump into something. :swoon: The Chiro noticed a bruise on my knee before we started and wanted me to see it. He wanted me to know that it was there before he started. I just laughed. :rotfl:

You never know until you try. At this point I am willing to try anything short of surgery again.

I hope you get your knee situated soon. Let me know how your second opinion goes.
 
Hi Diana! @new knee in June Please see what I wrote to Carol below your post.

I hope you are doing well! Great to hear from you.:loveshwr:

I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend! :cheers2:

Please remember our service men and women that fought for our freedom this weekend.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom