TKR May I have some cheese with that whine?

Hope all is going well with the strengthening exercises!!!!

IRON BOWL this Saturday!!! Roll Tide!!!!

Have a great Thanksgiving!
 
@amab Strengthening exercises are going s l o w l y. Would go quicker if I did the exercises more often than twice a week. Thanks for asking.

I hope all is well with you.

WHAT A GAME! Roll Tide Roll!!!
 
Hang in there!!! Be persistent....it will payoff.....

Yes! What a game!! We were there and so glad we got to enjoy an enthusiastic "Rammer Jammer"!!!!!

Roll Tide
 
Many narcotics can do this and if you have a situation where you need such pain killers, it's always essential that you monitor your blood sugars closely. Events such as major surgery and illness can play havoc with blood sugars. I'm a diabetic and I have encountered this personally.

But this is the key point to note
Though the new research found a much higher risk of low blood sugar with tramadol, it's important to note that the overall risk is still quite low. The study found a serious low blood sugar event occurred in fewer than one person for every 1,000 people taking the drug every year.
That's extremely low.
 
Josephine when I had pain prior to having surgery I took Tramadol. My blood sugar level dropped one time to 43. My blood sugar level may have been dropping low other times also and I found a way of bringing it up without knowing I took care of the problem. No one could explain why my blood sugar level dropped so low. I had emergency services called for me at work. I went for testing and no one could tell me why it was happening. I am not a diabetic and never have had any diabetic issues.

I recently took Tramadol and had my blood sugar drop. The day after I took the medication I noticed symptoms of blood sugar drop and tested myself. Low again. My surgery occurred about 1 1/2 years ago. I felt that it is good to share information for those who may also not be diabetic that have blood sugar issues. I had no idea of what was happening to me. Now I know that Tramadol is possibly the issue. Knowing the signs is good information. People who are diabetic know the signs and deal with low blood sugar at times so diabetics can deal with these issues better than those who are not diabetic.

I am posting to educate those who may have this occur to them.
 
@daughter stalker, I'm diabetic on insulin. My blood sugars are OK on Tramadol but I have found Fentanyl patches do lower my blood sugar. I had to reduce my insulin dose by 2/3 when on the patches. I guess we are all different.
 
[Bonesmart.org] May I have some cheese with that whine?
 
@daughter stalker
I hope your Christmas was everything you wanted, friends, Family &
Time for you to rest. ( if I know you, the last one wasn't considered ) :heehee:
I think of you often :friends:
All my Love,
Diana :loveshwr:
 
Happy New Year!!!!!! Hope things go well for you in 2015!

Roll Tide!!!!!

Our daughter is an OSU Grad (College of Pharmacy) and her husband is an OSU Grad also.....had some fun joking about the game tomorrow night during their time with us over Christmas....told son in law he would know what had just happened when he hears "Rammer Jammer". :heehee:
 
Oh dear....I'm a Buckeye and not really much of a football fan though I guess I am rooting for OSU. They were making a big deal on the local news about the color difference between crimson and OSU's scarlet. Honestly? They look the same to me.

I'm a diabetic (don't use insulin) and I've taken Tramadol, Vicodin and Oxy without any problems. I think the only time my blood sugar crashed was after donating blood. The nurses handled it pretty easily but it was scary. Not enough to stop me from donating but scary.
 
@daughter stalker Just reading the latter part of your thread Maria, we had our TKRs about the same time. I'm back in physio with quad exercises and a proprioception exercise. It takes a lot to make me cry but this evening I was crying as my knee has felt like a lump of concrete all day. I iced and elevated again for the first time in months and it does feel better. I see a different physiotherapist next time, I'll see what she says....
Hoping for a better year 2015 for us!
 
@Dabber Sorry to hear you are also having problems. I hope the new physiotherapist helps!

I also hope for a better 2015 for us! :flwrysmile:
 
Hey, @daughter stalker ..... how are things going? Haven't heard from you in a while....
 
@Jamie Hi Jamie! Thanks for checking on me. No changes. I've decided to put a neoprene brace on and get on with life. Nothing will change unless I go back in and change the spacer and the second Ortho didn't advise until I couldn't deal with the problem anymore. I agree with the second opinion. My weight has ballooned more than what I was before my TKR. I was hopeful that having the surgery I would move more and lose the weight I had gained from not being as active. Sorry to sound so negative. I am just not happy with my TKR. I wish I had not had it done until I had done some research on TKRs. Hindsight is 20/20. Regrets here.

I hope all is well with you. Again thank you for checking on me. I lurk around some from time to time. TKRs are godsends for some and they need not read my negative info. I just don't want to post negative stuff.

Good luck to all who are going through the challenges of recovering from a TKR or at PKR. This site was awesome for getting through the tough times. I loved the help I received and the fun some of us had while going through our issues.

Take care :flwrysmile:
 
So sorry the bumps in the road have continued for you. The fact you having challenges doesn't diminish the contributions you can provide others here on this site.

Hang in there!!!!
 
I second that post!!! I'm sorry to hear you're still having problems and I know the last thing you want to do is think about more surgery. I think your idea of working with the brace for now is a good one. Down the road if you're still having pain, you could consider having something done. There never is a rush.
 
Appreciate your comments on my recent knee problem!!

How goes it for you?
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom