TKR May I have some cheese with that whine?

@daughter stalker
Your Chiropractor seems very knowledgable :) I really hope this works for you.
My husbands fathers cemetery has a big Veterans Day event & we also have a parade
In our town. I hope I didn't sound insensitive with only getting paid to have the day off.
It wasn't my intention:sad:
Talk Soon,
Diana:loveshwr:
 
Not at all, Miss Diana! I just wanted to remind you and anyone else to remember! Love ya! :flwrysmile:
 
@patient 99 Good morning Carol,

I think this is working a little. I have only had one session. I am slightly sore and a little bruised, but I can feel a little easing of the stiffness. I know I have to give it more sessions, but it isn't looking too bad at this point.

Have a wonderful day, my friends! :flwrysmile:
 
@patient 99 Good morning Carol,

Nope I don't think that the Graston Technique is helping my situation much. The scar tissue is being broken up, but the horrible grinding noise is still there. I do have a little bit more feeling in the knee after 3 treatment sessions. The chiropractor said that he doesn't think it will do what I want. It was worth a try. :bawl:

Have a wonderful kneeasy day! :kitty:
 
Nope I don't think that the Graston Technique

Thanks Maria, very much appreciate you sharing this with me. What I am currently trying is walking more. I now walk for an hour in the mornings. It doesn't seem to do anything for my knee and tight band in particular, but its having a very good result on my legs generally. It is strengthening my muscles. I can now get up from a fairly low seat without using my hands. I make a point of walking on the flat, up hills and down (when I say hills I don't mean hills like little mountains. I mean steep roads around my house. I would like to be able to do it without the elastic sleeve that I wear just below my knee, but haven't managed that yet. The sleeve provides support and this makes walking easier for me.

I'll be sure to let you know if I come across anything else that helps me in the hope that it might help you too. Carol
 
Hi, Maria,
I'm really sorry to hear that you're having some problems with the knee. I hope you can get it sorted out and find a solution that works. I know that at 1 year out, we would all like to be completely healed and pain free.
I've had some issues with mine, as well, which I discussed on my thread. I've come to terms with it, and I think I can live with the outcome as it stands now. Your problems sound like they are more complex. Wishing you all the best.
 
Thanks, Roger! I left you a message on your thread! Happy Knee Anniversary! Mine is right around the corner.
 
I'm inching up on my one year kneeversary. I have an OS visit scheduled for next Wednesday. I'm going to get to the bottom of this knee crepitus once and for all. It just has to get better than this!:beg: I want a knee that isn't always somewhat stiff in places or grinding every time I stand from a sitting position. :tantrum:
I know, drama! :groan: We need a wine glass emoticon for my drama! :heehee: I guess I'd better take a :chillpill: and get on with life. :martini: I'll update after the OS visit next week.

I hope everyone is having a kneeasy day! Take care :flwrysmile:
 
Hopefully this will print. Okay I had a wine glass emoticon but it didn't work!!
 
I'm going to get to the bottom of this knee crepitus once and for all.

Hi Maria, You have a name for your knee problem. I googled `How to Treat knee crepitus' as I hadn't heard of it before. There seems to be several things you can do to manage it, but I know you are looking to get rid of it, not manage it. What seems odd is that crepitus sounds like something you'd get prior to a TKR, when bone is grinding on bone. Be interesting to hear what your OS has to say.

I have a 13 week wait for my second opinion. Carol
 
@daughter stalker
Happy 1 yr. Anniversary :happydance:I am sorry you are still having problems :sad: I hope you
Get the answers you are looking for. For what it's worth, I think this recovery takes longer
Than a year :bored:Please post what your O.S. Says...it may help others.
Thinking of you :friends:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Today is my one year knee anniversary! I am not totally sure that I am happy I had this surgery. :sad:

As promised, I am updating from the OS visit. I saw the PA not my OS. This was a surprise. When I last went to his office my OS didn't have a PA. I was under the impression when I scheduled my visit that I was going to see my OS. This PA was very uncaring. I will never go back to this office again. When I settle down and find another OS to visit I will call the office and let them know about my experience and request a copy of my records.

In a nutshell, the PA told me that my knee has scar tissue around the patellar implant on the back of my patella. The PA started to explain how the knee worked. Did she think I didn't know the inner workings of a knee after 36 years of dealing with my knee problems? She told me that at one year my knee was as good as it gets. REALLY??? I was asked if my symptoms were debilitating. Duh!!! They are not debilitating. They are annoying and I want something done about it. She stated that my knee would not feel as it did when I was 16 years old. REALLY??? The PA asked me if my knee is better that it was before surgery. It is not the same. (If I had to explain the difference from before and after surgery it is like trading a used car for another. The first car would break down often but worked on occasion. The new car has issues every single day. It runs, but the rattle is there all the time and the door doesn't close properly.) The PA told me that there was nothing else she could do other than treat the symptoms by sending me to pain management. I asked about taking the scar tissue out and she told me that scar tissue makes more scar tissue and that they would not take it out. Hmmm.... :scratch:

I am so down right now!!! I was shell shocked that first of all I was seeing a PA and secondly that I was treated the way the PA treated me. I just need to find an OS who will listen to me and find some way to make my symptoms better besides sending me off to someone else.

Sorry to be a downer, but I need to vent and no one around me understands what I am going through. I don't want a pity party. I want to be happy with my new knee. I will find another OS who understands and can find something to help me other than sending me to pain management. Maybe I am kidding myself that something can be done. :shrug:

I wish all a happy knee day! :flwrysmile:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Happy anniversary! Definitely get another opinion! I thought they could remove scar tissue?? Let us know how you make out! We care!!
 
@daughter stalker
I am shocked about your treatment at your 1 yr. Appointment. I would call them &
Demand you see your O.S. It sounds as if you were diagnosed with a problem ( scar tissue )
& left with no recourse or plan of action :headbang: What kind of help is that ?
When you call, tell them how badly you were treated by his P.A.
Raise the roof, this is just not right :hissy:
Hope you get this sorted out,
Thinking of you :friends:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
I like your used car analogy. How disappointing that the PA was so dismissive and that you didn't get to see the OS. And that you thought it was an OS appointment & they palmed you off on a PA. They should be up front on this.

PAs can be helpful in a lot of situations *but not this one.* You need an actual OS. And one who knows and cares about post tkr issues.
 
Hi Maria, I can't tell you how many posts I have read where OSs appear totally disinterested in problem TKRs. It seems to range from `its all in your head' `nothing that can be done' to `have a revision, it may not work or it could make it worse. Its your decision'. The one good thing for you is that your medical system allows you to shop around. The English NHS system does not.


PA told me that my knee has scar tissue around the patellar implant on the back of my patellar.

How did this come to light? Did you have an MRI scan? You will know all too well that trying to remove scar tissue can cause scar tissue, but I have read several posts where it has been removed successfully. I am hoping so, because I am pretty certain my problem is also scar tissue or adhesions. I have a second opinion arranged for 8 July. I had my patella replaced when I had my TKR.


Maybe I am kidding myself that something can be done. :shrug:

I don't think you are. Its just that its so hard to find the person who will listen and act appropriately.
@Pumpkln had to see 3 OSs before she got taken seriously. I think it took her 2 years.


I need to vent and no one around me understands what I am going through. I don't want a pity party. I want to be happy with my new knee

Whilst I cannot help you in the physical sense. I so understand what you are going through.

Maria, you have one thing going for you that is priceless - your strength and determination. You shouldn't have had to deal with all this - nobody should. But if anybody is equipped to sort it out YOU are. I wish you everything I wish for myself. Carol
 
Maria,
Carol is right, it took me two years and 4 second opinions. #3 opinion had brought a new partner in from UCSanFrancisco, who is supposed to be one of the best revision surgeons in the US. I consulted with him, he was the first one to get the diagnosis right, (flexion instablity). So I chose him to do the surgery. #3 would have been a good choice too. In fact #3 assisted #4 during my surgery. When I left my OS appointment this Wednesday, they were both going over my x-ray. :) I have quite the hardware in there.
Last weekend I was miserable, we had a major cold front, high winds, low barometer, and record low temps and night, my knee was a nightmare.
This weekend is a complete turn around :yay:. I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel!:walking:And hope to join Diana in the promised land soon!

So I think what Carol and I are encouraging you to do, is seek a second opinion, or more. It is only a consultation and you will find answers to your continuing problems, giving you peace of mind.

If you decide to seek a second opinion, here is a list of records they are most likely to request before seeing you.

-Current xrays taken within the last few months, or most recent ones
-A copy of the operative note dictated by the surgeon (available from the hospital or OS office)
-A copy of the implant record (often called the "sticker sheet") from the hospital where the surgery was performed
-Copies of office notes from the surgeon's office, ask for medical records, when you call.

Getting second opinions was the best thing I did, a fresh set of eyes is needed in difficult situations.

Wishing you all the best, what ever you decide,
 
Thanks, ladies! I appreciate that you care, are willing to listen and console. I just need to pick myself up :climb: and dust myself off, but I am still sitting on the ground in a pile of dirt. :heehee: Seriously, I just need some time to think about this and start all over again. :sigh: This too shall pass. :beg: I'm feeling like this right now. :tantrum::hissy::headbang::censored::banghead::hairpulling::headbang::headbang::headbang::gaah: Tomorrow is another day and I will get through this.
Thank you again for listening and wanting to kick some bottom with me! :flwrysmile: :martini: :kitty:
 
I forgot to mention...the PA felt my crepitus and said that it was sometimes normal as long as it didn't hurt. I told her that it did hurt some. That was when she asked me if it was debilitating. If it was debilitating I wouldn't be able to walk without a limp. She checked my knee when I was seated. I asked her if I could perform for her. God knows that I can be extremely sarcastic. The PA looked oddly at me and said okay. I stood up and made the loud awful Velcro ripping noise. I asked her if what she just heard was normal. Her answer was NO. If it wasn't normal and there was nothing else she could do shouldn't she have called in the OS? I was so flustered that I couldn't think straight. I was flustered from trying to control my anger and keep my potty mouth clean when I spoke. When I got into the car all I could do was cry.

I need to tighten the bolt to stop the rattle and to place some duct tape on the door to make sure it doesn't fly open. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom