TKR May I have some cheese with that whine?

I'll be waiting to hear about your appointment. I'm glad you decided to go for a chat. Do be sure and mention BoneSmart when you talk with him. Surgeons are busy guys and we like to remind them we are out here partnering with the medical community to provide information and support.
 
Hope things went well (or go well) with your appointment!!

Best to you!

Roll Tide.....!
 
Thanks y'all!!! You guys are great!!!

Well...Dr. H is a very confident, well spoken, authoritative person who seemed to show more compassion than my original OS. His PA was extremely nice and listened to all my concerns as did Dr. H. :SUNsmile: Dr. H stated that mechanically my knee looks great. :happydance: He confirmed that my OS did a good job fitting and placing my new knee. My ligaments and tendons felt good to him. He knows my OS very well and seems to respect his work. I told him that I was not concerned about the size or placement of the new knee. I was not questioning his work. I wanted a solution to the stiffness and pain that I feel. :tantrum:
I have great ROM (145) and can straighten to 0 and can touch my toes which seemed to impress him. :loveshwr: I guess he though I didn't stretch. :shrug: He feels that my problem is soft tissue. Hmmmm....why didn't I think of that? :scratch: I only want to find a solution to the stiffness and burning pain that occasionally occurs in my patella tendon.
One thing Dr. H did differently was to order a blood test to rule out infection. :idea: He doesn't believe that I have one but he wants to rule it out. :thumb: I now have another script for physical therapy. :doh:He wants me to strengthen my quads and hamstrings. Dr. H didn't dismiss my concerns, but stated that some people have pain that doctors can't explain. He wants me to try the physical therapy he prescribed, continue with the anti-inflammatories and see him in a month to note my progress.

Dr. H didn't even suggest pain management, at least not this time. I am not drug seeking. I had a full pharmacy of narcotics after surgery. I still have most of it. I guess I need to find one of those places one discards old or unwanted medications. I could keep a new TKR patient happy for at lease a month with the medication I still have.

I am not :no-fin: going back to the same physical therapist. Looking back, the only thing I think is that they pushed me too hard but I allowed it. I liked them when I was tripping on my race to the presidency. :rotfl: I allowed them to push me hard because my OCD led me to dethroned someone for ODIC president. :heehee: I will have to quickly find another physical therapist and schedule appointments. :chinstroke: Now that I haven't been pushing myself like I did after surgery, maybe physical therapy will help. :fingersx: It is worth another try. :biking: I am willing to try again. :thumb:

Thanks for all the support y'all are giving me. :roseshwr: I will need to find time to come here and reciprocate on other people's threads. My one and only high school daughter is keeping quite busy with her upper level classes, band practices and football games.

I hope everyone has a kneesy night! :flwrysmile:
 
@daughter stalker
What a wonderful report :) The doctor sounded very helpful. I am so happy everything
Seems fine with the actual replacement & all the ligament, your ROM is excellent :yay:
I am also happy you are willing to follow his advice for more P.T
I feel these knees are fickle creatures, I had burning tonight at work on outside of my knee.
We are getting rain, maybe that's it :shrug: Who knows, I have no pain when I walk, so I am
Happy:yahoo:
Please keep us updated, ROLL TIDE :yahoo:
Thinking of you :friends:
Love,
Diana :loveshwr:
 
Knees can be downright ornery when they want to be especially with members of the ODIC club! Not that I would know anything about that, :wink: but I have heard of crazy people who actually are out practicing for 1/2 marathons! @daughter stalker, perhaps you could catch up to them and all your knee problems will be a distant memory! You will be laughing:rotfl: too hard to feel any pain!:happydance:
 
Hi Maria, the outcome of your OS visit sounds very positive. I had my TKR 4 months before you. Like you I have had a second opinion which showed everything to be OK. My ROM is not as good as yours 120/0 and I still wear a calf support as its more comfortable.

But here is the good news. I've just had a week in Spain and for the very first time I was so pleased with my knee. Its taken me 20 months to get to where I am now, but I now see great improvements. I doubt I will ever be in the group who say `I can't tell I've got a TKR', but the improvements in these last few weeks have been staggering. My goal is to dump the calf support, but even if I never achieve that I am doing most everything I want to with no pain.

Given that your knee seems fine (apart from the stiffness), I would say there is every chance that in another 4 months you too will have turned a corner. Hang on in there girl. I am walking proof that slow doesn't mean that you will never get a good outcome. It just means that you have to wait longer than most for it.
 
[Bonesmart.org] May I have some cheese with that whine?
and you did, @patient 99!
[Bonesmart.org] May I have some cheese with that whine?
 
Well...you know how it is to take the easy way out? :scratch: Since I don't know any PTs near my house besides the ones I went to I decided to go back to them. :blush: I am not going to let them push me this time. I will watch them closely. I was evaluated today and told that my strength wasn't too bad, but the atrophy was extremely noticeable in my right thigh. She could feel the adhesions in my right quad and hamstrings. Hum...I didn't have any adhesions according to the PA at my original OS office? ROM and straightening were great! Going to do some ultrasound and massage along with strength training for my quads and hamstrings for the next few weeks then return to the doctor for the follow up.

I hope everyone has had a good day! Have a wonderful night! :flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Hi Maria,

I didn't have any adhesions according to the PA

Rather than say `they don't know', I think they sometimes just say anything. I was told that my issues could be excessive scar tissue. May be so, but it was never conclusive. Whilst it pains me to say it, I think there comes a point where as long as things are moving in the right direction, you give up looking for answers, and just thank your lucky stars that, whilst not perfect, that you are pain free.

You seem to have a good plan for the way ahead. What precisely are the pluses and minuses of your need right now?
 
I'd be more inclined to believe doctors than PTs. Glad the implant is ok. Beware of the ODIC in the new physical therapy.
 
Roll Tide!

Hope all is well with you!
 
Update - Went to Dr. H today and he told me that I have laxity in my TKR knee. UGH! He suggested for me to continue to strengthen my quads and hamstrings more. The other option is to go back in and add a larger spacer and or do a revision. YIKES :yikes: I am not hurting so badly that I need to go through a total knee revision!!! :scary::sos: I will do as suggested and work on the strengthening of my quads and hamstrings and hope for the best.

I hope everyone is having a great day! :flwrysmile:
 
The advice to continue strengthening the quads and hamstring sounds like a good approach to try. Best of luck and hang in there!!

Roll Tide!!
 
@daughter stalker
Hi D.S,
So good to hear from you :) Does laxity mean loose ? How much P.T do you have to do ?
I really hope this works for you, much better than the "R" word :beg: You continue to be
In my Thoughts & Prayers :friends: ROLL :censored:TIDE.......... :yahoo:
Love,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
I hope the strengthening efforts pay off. There is so much adjusting our bodies have to do when we get these replacements---they have been off for so long. :(
 
Doing my own PT and going back to the chiropractor who is certified in the Graston Method. Chiro is trying to smooth out the adhesions while I am working on the strengthening. Giving it a try! Thank you all for the support you are giving me with this current issue.

I hope everyone is having a kneeasy day!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom