TKR May I have some cheese with that whine?

[Bonesmart.org] May I have some cheese with that whine?
and I'm glad you like it and are using it!
 
daughter stalker

Love, love, love the new avatar and thread title! Honest, yet lighthearted! Hope you are enjoying the long weekend!
I am tired of recovery and patience, ice and pillows, OTC Tylenol, and swelling. How about you? :gaah:

Glad you got to be the MC at your graduation. Nice honor!

I need to know what you have been up to to this weekend because I feel you have used your odic card!
 
Dear d.s,
I am here to give you some "hope" with your whine & cheese :heehee: I am 3 months on sept. 3
I :sleep: through the night, my swelling has stayed down & I put my ice machine away yesterday :yahoo:
I take nothing for pain, even at work....I just started walking....& back to the gym....gently.
I am very conscious not to enter the o.d.i.c.....slow & easy....work my way up.
I am ordering some Nordic walking poles from amazon ( thanks gazelle )
So, even though everyone's recovery is theirs alone, you can look forward to only good things in the future :yahoo:
Off my soap box for now, hope I have helped you,
Diana....June sunbeams :SUNsmile: ....one day at a time.....
 
Good morning Becca, new knee in June, Bionic woman2, Ready and Good evening Knee pain,

I don't believe I have been whipping out my ODIC card, but I may have. I believe I am just riding on the roller coaster at this time. I have had calf pain from the bump behind my knee all the way down to my ankle on the outside of my leg. This can only happen to me on a holiday weekend when I can't get any direction from my OS. :tantrum:

I went to the gym yesterday to ride the bike for 20 minutes. I was informed by PT that I could do that as long as I didn't do any weights yet. I came home to ice and elevate right after riding.:yay: I went to the grocery store after resting for an hour. When I was walking in the grocery store I felt something that felt like fluid was running down my leg. :shocked: I looked at my leg and didn't see anything. I felt the bump behind my leg and it didn't feel any differently. :scratch: My doctor says the bump is nothing to be worried about. :skep: Came home from the grocery store, put up the groceries them iced and elevated again.

I have taken pain meds for the last 4 nights to ease the pain. I hate pain meds but I am taking them anyway. I am SOOOOOO frustrated. :hissy: I know it is all a part of the recovery process. :hairpulling: I want to know when will I be happy that I did this TKR? October like bottomshollow said about my sleep?

Hello, my name is Debbie Downer. I have a problem of being a whiner and need to stop! :gaah:

Thanks for all that are trying to cheer me up and helping me through this part of the coaster! I understand have PATIENCE and THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!! :bicycle2: Princess needs to just suck it up! :rolleyes:

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday and holiday! Keep the faith! :flwrysmile:
 
Dear d.s,
I had that same feeling of water going down my leg before surgery. I think it is a nerve thing & I never
Had it again.
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
DS, don't talk about sleep. My body got creative last night while I was in Lala-land. I woke up contorted, with all kinds of hip and knee pain... but at least I got some sleep right. I hate the nights and the day that follows :gaah:when I don't. So, I feel your pain. Tell hubby and daughter to take cover! :tantrum:

Let's do it Becca. I'm also down for posting a piece of cheese anytime someone admits to whining. lol I'm not talking about when we are truly having a moment. :boohoo:That may not be too funny,:hissy: but we gotta keep ourselves going and laughter truly IS the best medicine "sometimes." Maybe not during or right after surgery though. :umm:Can you imagine? "We're not going to give you anything for the pain, we're just gonna do stand-up." :rotfl: Oh, and when you come out of surgery, there's a bunch of people standing over you doing knock, knock jokes, and every 4 hours the nurse comes in with a new one. :loll:Um, NO! :no-fin: Give me my meds, save the laughter for after I've had my drugs please.

THIS IS FUNNY! I'm gonna post this on my page just because I can... I crack myself up. lol
 
I went to the massage therapist this morning to have her break up the stubborn tissue stopping me from straightening my knee. It didn't work as I wanted it to. :boohoo: This princess has been sucking up Crown in the swimming pool this afternoon! :heehee: I've had just about enough of this Knee. :hissy: The pool was quite relaxing until the kid came out and told me that we needed to go shopping. :doh: SHOPPING??? :hairpulling: I am over shopping, but it is that time of the month and she needed some supplies. She also needed a couple of books from the bookstore for school. I am not going to stop her from reading. Here we go again!!! :groan: I had to get myself up and out of the pool to take her to the two stores. :cry: Did you think I was going to admit it to her that I had a little "information"? I think I am going to find a little more information and get back into the pool. :happydance:

Later gators...
 
Kids, don't you just hate'em sometimes. Oops, did I just type that out loud. lol Oh, and they love to do it on Sunday. Thank God you're off tomorrow. How dare she interrupt your information session. :gaah: I hope you do get back in the pool, that's gotta be good for you as long as you don;t whip out your ODIC card and start doing the Butterfly stroke. :loll: If nothing else, go sit in the water with your beverage held high. :martini:

I told my son that we're going to the grocery store tomorrow. He wasn't too pleased, but I bet he'll have something he needs to get once we get out. :hissy: I didn't cook today and I'm starving, there's really nothing ready to eat in the house and I'm still recouping from Friday night. :mcoffee: My oldest son was on his way out and felt sorry for me so he handed me some money to get fast-food. You'd think I would've ran out the house and SPENT that money before he came back to reclaim it. lol The problem is you gotta be fast to order fast food, I don't know what I want and there are 2 flights of stairs in the way. Hmmm... :scratch:

I'm leaning towards Willy's (Tex-Mex) gotta drive for that, Chinese delivery, or a NAP!:umm:

Hope you're back from shopping and back at the pool relaxing. :egypdance:
 
Haven't decided what to eat yet. My son better watch out, he's looking kinda tasty. :loll:Good thing he's skinny, I've never been into ribs much. I really better go get something, before "Daddy" (as we call him) comes homes and takes his money back. :skep:
 
Good night everyone! My wish for all is a pain free or relatively pain free night and restful sleep! :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
 
You guys are at it again, hmm? The ODIC club is quite active, I see. I joined on Sat. and am still suffering. I don't even have a right to whine as I all of my pain is self-inflicted and totally avoidable. But I will have some wine. I love the pity party idea--it's a gouda one. I hope you are feeling better today and have enjoyed your day off.

Tomorrow is my first real day back with a swimming meet in the evening. I hope I do as well as you have.
 
ODIC Details Ready
Inquiring (bored to tears) minds want to know. :heehee:
Good luck with work tomorrow. Are you participating in the swim meet? You really will be my hero then. :dancy:

DS, give me back my dust, or I'm gonna tell ma!! :tantrum: Seriously, sprinkle some on your knees before you go to bed so you'll have a pain-free day at work tomorrow. Toothfairy won't mind, she makes the stuff! :yes:
 
Bionic woman2 No, my daughter is a swimmer and has a meet tomorrow. It's hot, noisy and cramped work for us moms (and dads) who sit in the bleachers, but we will make it through. Saturday, I took off on a bike ride and was enjoying it so much. Soon I was past the point of no return and decided to keep going around the lake. Took me an hour. Then, beautiful sunny 89 degree day with a warm lake just beckoning me in for a swim, which lasted 1/2 hour. I am not a wise woman. Thanks for the well wishes! I will let you know how it goes when I get some time.
 
Ready, you weren't suppose to pull out the ODIC card. :no-fin: I hope it was worth joining the club on Saturday. Sounds like you are going to be back in the clubhouse tomorrow night. Please take it easy. I hope you have a wonderful first day at school tomorrow with the kids. I know you will do well. I hope you are resting.

I had all kinds of cheese with my wine today. Gouda, Brie and some Feta. Strawberries, bananas and star fruit. All around my swimming pool.

It is okay to whine even when it is self-inflicted. We are here for you. :friends: I even have pixie dust from Bionic woman2. :rotfl:
 
Back
Top Bottom