THR MammaT’s Matched Set

That's wonderful! Just remind your son that you've done this before and don't need no stinkin' PT to tell you when you can use the cane! I'm glad you're home and feeling well!
 
Hope you were able to rest a bit...hoping you have an easy day of it. Slow you go right now!
:ice:
 
Had an amazing thing last night. Took night time pain pills around 11. Woke up at 1:30 to go potty, got ice. Woke back up at 7:30. Very minimal pain upon awakening. As puttering around getting ice and coffee, slowly increased to about a 2 or less. I did take one perc and a Tylenol when I awoke since it has been so long since last dose. I have always treated sleeping through time when pain med can be taken as my body skipping a dose. So far this recovery is much smoother than last.

Plan on lots of rest and ice today. Will take meds as prescribed while I am awake. Home care nurse should be by today. Don’t know I’d pt will be here today or tomorrow. Want to get shower in a bit if I feel up to it. That should be enough excitement for the day.

Almost feel bad with nothing more to report, but figure sharing good news is a good idea. It is true each recovery is different, even on the same body.
 
Oh indeed @Jaycey, I realize it can change up at any time. Plan on being very careful. I also had my left leg that was very sore from compensating and I have read enough about setbacks to know they are real. Would not mind a totally boring recovery story!
 
Love boring recovery story for you, MammaT:yawn:
:) :-) (:
 
Pt came for assessment. Said my movement is more along two weeks postofp, which is what I was thinking. She said low pain is good and bad. The bad is that you think you can do more than you should. Made me wonder if she had been talking to @Mojo333 “ just because you can do it, doesn’t mean you should”. Therapist will be by tomorrow or Saturday. Let’s see, I am to rest, medicate, elevate and ice and walk but not too much. What unique advice. She said pt will mainly involve basic stretches. Said therapist can ease me back to using bike, but I will have to go very slowly. They will also help me figure out best way to do any necessary household tasks. She doesn’t think inpatient pt is necessary unless you have gait or significant strength issues, and I currently don’t have either.

Nurse will be here in half an hour, then I may get in pre dinner nap.
 
Great MammaT. Perfect Bonesmart patient...love your therapist!:loveshwr:
Now where's the whining? You ARE entitled you know. Can't be all fun?
So happy you are coming along well and I know it isn't easy, but good for you for your common sense approach to recovery.
Hugs and healing wishes JUST for you.
 
Don't want to encourage one, but then you still have good meds.
 
Nurse asked me if I was icing for 20 minutes. I said I am more a 40 minutes person. She told me that after 20 minutes due to blood constriction you run the risk of nerve damage. But of course, she added, she can’t tell me what to do. I thanked her for the information. Currently icing for 40 minutes. I guess I’m not a very compliant patient.:shrug:
 
You know I think it completely depends on type of ice pack, how it is wrapped-padded, where it's placed exactly, multiple factors. I know my tolerance level fluctuates and it is usually around the 25-35 minute mark. It seems to go from a pleasant pain alleviating chill to deep,deep cold ache in a matter of seconds, not something to ignore. Then off it goes.
I sleep with my pack and it's on/off multiple areas as needed throughout night. Either that or I get no sleep. Yes it holds the freeze well over night.
 
Mamma T I am so Glad you are doing good. I will be reading your post since I will be going thru my 2nd thr soon. I also am hoping 2nd will be easier or as easy as the 1st surgery. Take it easy and keep the inspirational post coming.
 
@MammaT

So happy to hear the great recovery you are having. You know I’m particularly interested in the pain stuff, and you’re teaching me that if I sleep thru a dose, that’s my body’s way of saying it’s healing. Am I understanding correctly?

@Jaycey

I thought taking pain meds on a schedule was best at first. What about sleeping thru a dose? Thanks for helping me understand.
 
When you are first home post op, yes take your pain meds by prescription schedule (not when pain starts!) If you wait until you are in pain it's too late. Many members set an alarm to wake them for the nighttime dose. But we are talking about when you are just out of surgery in the first few weeks. Most people have sleep problems if they skip their meds at night.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom