Guest viewing is limited

THR MammaT’s Matched Set

Thanks @zinnia. Got to face time with daughter in law this morning and saw my little boy. To top it off, he is teething. Starting to look like the cortisone cream may be the culprit. Doctor had the staff put a test patch on at midnight and the boy started screaming after 30 minutes. Nurses immediately cleaned the test area an screaming. I’m just about ready to get on a plane and go kick the butt off the dermatogist.
 
What relief! @MammaT. Poor little kid; he had to go through that pain again. Seems so unfair for the little guy. It is good news to know what may probably be the problem though. Now you can continue to prepare for your next hip. Hoping all continues to go well with your little one and you can breathe easy.
 
Grandson got hone from hospital on Sunday. Rash is improving, they are still waiting for some final test results. Like all of us, I think he will do better at home.

Have my preop testing this afternoon so will be able to check that off list. Looks like I have timed surgery well. Past few days have developed fairly constant groin and knee pain. Not necessarily excruciating but definitely obnoxious. Find myself walking more and more gingerly and my stride has definitely shortened. As I do that, muscles, tendons in left not happy. And of course, sleep becoming less and less restful.

Can’t believe how long I put up with this at much higher level with my left. Glad I heeded advice of many on here who have had two and advised to just get second hip done when it starts going downhill.

One week from today and I will be on day one of recovery. Looking forward to walking outside this spring!
 
Preop testing done. Have my cross-match wrist band on. EKG was normal. Hip X-rays didn’t suddenly show a normal, in fact some more changes for the worse since October. Property taxes paid. Just took trash cans to curb for last time in several weeks. Son will get them next week. Will figure out test of the weeks later. Can always let bags sit in garage for a couple of weeks (don’t have to worry about high temps making it smell!

Few more things to do around house. Stock up groceries Saturday. Avoid germs.

Yep, I think I am read. It would be nice if hip would not wake me up during the night, but it is less and less happy. Well, I’m ready to break up with this one and get a new one that appreciates me. One week from tonight I can groan from post op pain, which I know ends.
 
It's coming, Ginny, and sounds like it will be just in time. No more worries about whether you're doing this too soon - it's just right! You know how much better it's going to be in such a short time. For me, that really helped me cut through the post-op pain the second time around. And when you get the sings and zaps and incision pains a few weeks out, they'll be less concerning because you've been there, done that! Time to get you, BeBe and Martin starting on the recovery side!
 
Take the weekend to zen out .
So glad you will get rid of that horrid hip pain.:tada:
 
Thanks @mojo. My zenning out will be keeping rather busy. Pay bills, groceries, frequently used stuff to counter, etc.

Additionally long term church member passed. Choir is singing at funeral Saturday.

However, by Sunday evening will kick back with son to watch super bowl. We have decided on nachos, jalapeño poppers and onion rings (for some reason I have been wanting those). None of those are things I eat regularly, but hey-back to healthy eating next week. My body has been telling me to sit with feet up more than exercise (protecting itself).

Luckily, I am getting this done with hip being fairly steadily annoying with moments of horrid. I tried not to repeat last time of hip martyrdom- telling myself “I can still put up with it). Also listened to a lot of second timers-get it done before it gets horrid. Glad I have a doc who agrees with that philosophy. It will be nice to have both hips the same and have this stupid right one stop bothering my left leg.

Just waitIng for call around 3 today to confirm surgery time.
 
Sounds like a good plan - stay busy and also have some fun on Sunday. I love onion rings, but they don't love me lol. Have to isolate myself for awhile after eating those.

Who will you be cheering for on Sunday? I have to go with the Pats since Tom Brady played his college ball here in Ann Arbor where I live. Funny, he wasn't that great a QB when he was in college!
 
Actually @Mojo333, I gave the or staff a quick thought and then justified it to myself that if my toots would be the worst thing they have experienced, they haven’t been on the job long! Plus, with what my insurance and I are paying for this-it’s why they get the big buck!

Have to be at surgery center at 5:30 am monday, surgery at 7. Got letter from insurance, currently approved for in patient through February 7. Hope to go home sooner, but not going to stress over that. Will go home when doc and I think I am ready.
 
Have to be at surgery center at 5:30 am monday, surgery at 7.
:happydance: First one on the list - that's great! You will be having breakfast my 10:30 or so. Earlier in the day usually means earlier home as you have almost a whole day 1 of recovery. You are on your way!
 
Back
Top Bottom