Guest viewing is limited

Revised PKR to TKR Makoplasty: ongoing pain<

I had to resize them to get them to even post on here hence probably distorting them I'm sure. I will try to email them to you to see if you can see them any better. Thank you. I'm not very good with this picture taking thing. Sorry.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Got them thank you. The only thing I can see that is of any note is this

[Bonesmart.org] Makoplasty: ongoing pain<
 
I went to a pain management doctor today. The fun never ends. I have to get a doppler done on my lower extremities because I barely have a pulse in my feet. He is suggesting RDS also and wanting to do a lumbar nerve block. FOR MY KNEE PAIN??? OMGOSH this just keeps getting better and better.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like every time I progress to another Doctor to find an answer they come up with some more quackery for me to deal with. I am out of thoughts today..that is a fact. UGH
 
He would not commit to that diagnosis but he was leaning there. He was more concerned with getting the doppler done. Thanks Josephine. I respect your input. It's a tough decision for me anymore after being ran around like a giraffe in labor from doctor to doctor.
 
They rarely do like admitting that diagnosis as it's an almost untreatable condition.

#CRPS
 
The fact that you have little pulse in your legs is an interesting diagnosis. I have a bit of experience with that as it happened to my husband two years ago. In his case, he had no leg pain (he has diabetic neuropathy which may have masked any pain), but he kept falling down suddenly and his legs would stiffen up. When a doppler test was done it was discovered he had almost no blood flowing to his legs. He was immediately sent to a vascular surgeon (Dr. McCroskey) who put 3 stents in his abdomen in a cath procedure and he got the use of his legs back.

If the doppler shows you do have blockage, I strongly suggest that you get an opinion from Dr. McCroskey or another vascular surgeon before they try anything at the pain clinic.

Have you ever had a cardio scan or any indication that you had any arterial problems? High cholesterol? High blood pressure?

I must admit this idea never occurred to me before, but I suppose it possible. It would at least make some sense of the fact that your pain is equal in both knees, which is not likely if it was a problem with the implants themselves.

I know this must be so frustrating for you, but I hope you can hang in there. I know from my husband's journey to find answers to his problems that it can take a lot of time, many doctors and dedication to keep trying to actually get there. But, never give up hope!!! Medicine is not perfect and sometimes it takes a while for the right doctor to suggest something and "stumble" across the real problem.
 
We haven't heard from you in a while, I'm also wondering how you're doing.
 
I have had every test known to mankind except a bone scan. Nothing shows anything significant wrong. I just had my second lumbar epidural Tuesday and so far not much pain relief. I am seeing a pain management Doctor for that. Went to a neurologist and had a emg. It showed the very beginning of diabetic neuropathy. Nothing that would cause this much knee pain. Sorry about run on sentences as I think of stuff as I'm posting this. Have considered a Melisa test but have not acted on it yet because it's not covered by insurance. So I'm actually in the same amount of pain and still looking for answers. No new drugs although they have been suggested. Lyrica, gabapentin etc. I have a script waiting to be picked up for nucynta er..after reading about it..not sure I want any part of it. It's very similar to tramadol but stronger. I had a really rough time getting off tramadol with serotonin syndrome. Any suggestions are always welcome and I appreciate you caring enough to ask about me.
 
I am so sorry to have read everything you are going through. I can't imagine how you can hold up. I will be praying for you and that all your pain can be taken care of.
 
Sorry to hear you're still experiencing problems . . . please keep searching for answers and try to stay positive.
Australia is wishing you well.
 
That's been mentioned but not confirmed. Neurologist didn't think so at all. New this morning. The steroid lumbar epidural is making my blood sugar go crazy. I am a type 2 diabetic controlled with diet only normally. I just got put on insulin shots. Spiking over 300. Joy to the world. Lol
 
It seems like one thing is leading to another. I pray everything settles down and you can have a blessed life!
 
June, I've been wondering about you and I'm glad to hear from you even if the news isn't the best yet. Sorry about your blood sugar levels. That's typical when you get steroids but it should settle down with a little time and you may be able to come off the insulin if it does.

I suppose #CRPS is a possibility. A rheumatologist should be able to tell you that with more certainty. I know you're sick of doctors and tests by now. Sending strength and hugs to you!
 
Back
Top Bottom