Revised PKR to TKR Makoplasty: ongoing pain<

Long story short..it's been rescheduled but I am hanging in there..Today...the weather has me in a lot of pain...Can't wait to get the ball rolling on this mess.
 
So Dr. Bohns claim processed and it was not for as much as I thought it was going to be..It brought my out of pocket down to $111.00 from $178.00. So I scheduled an appt for my yearly blood work and physical for this Friday to try to bring it down more. If the stress from all this doesn't get me I will be shocked. :dubious:
 
I went for my physical and blood work today...this should push everything with my insurance to being met as soon as this claim is submitted. My primary care Doctor put me on a very low dose of Spironolactone to help with some high blood pressure and hormone issues. I never had high blood pressure in my life before this all happened. A1C was great at 6.4. I am diabetic and I control it with diet. Nothing other test results are available to access yet. She told me that my legs have pretty severe muscle atrophy from all that I have been going through with my knees. Wants me to get back in PT as soon as possible after Dr. Bohn figures out what we are going to do. I almost started crying in there because I knew my legs looked very thin and fragile before she told me. The MRI is still on for the 20th. Deep breaths....trying to focus and stay positive as I watch my muscles waste away from not being able to walk much. :sad: I wonder if there are any exercises I can start doing now that are not painful to my knees?
 
Does biking hurt? I couldn't bike before my TKR, it hurt too much. Definitely don't do anything that hurts.
 
There's probably nothing you can do right now until the knees are better. I know how you feel though. During my infection I wore an imbolizer brace which made walking in general difficult. When the brace came off my leg felt so weak that as much as I hated the brace I followed the OS orders which were at first to just take it off when I was sitting, then to graduate to walking without it. Walking without it meant I had to tell myself to bend my leg with each step. My leg was very weak even at 4 months post op, which is when my PTs began strength work. It will come, just 10 more days until the MRI.
 
It took 40 minutes per knee of laying perfectly still. Both my arms fell asleep but it's done. Now 24 hours to get the results to Dr. Bohn and then a few days until he contacts me with them.
 
I'm not sure. I will be waiting for a call hopefully this week. Fingers crossed this can be fixed easily as possible. Ugh
 
So glad that you got the MRI done. If you don't hear from the doctor by Friday, call them. In the meantime, you can at least do ankle pumps to keep the muscles in your leg moving. It's not the best exercise, but it's something that won't hurt your knees. Do you have access to a swimming pool you could use? If you don't, you could check nearby hotels. Sometimes they are willing to "rent" out use of their pool to individuals who need to exercise in water.
 
No access to a pool..could not afford to pay the rent to use one at a hotel. I am trying to stay as active as I can which is not much as I can actually see the muscles deteriorating myself. :unsure: I also am trying to mentally prepare myself for that MRI to come back with either really bad news or come back with inconclusive findings. I have had such terrible luck with these knees that you begin to wonder if you crazy. "well...your mri came back normal" I will try not to scream if this is the case but instead probably admit myself in the nut house. My glass is no longer half full...it's empty.
 
Ok strange question...I had the MRI done yesterday and all day today my pain and stiffness has been increased 10 fold....Can the MRI cause this?? It's a beautiful day outside so I can't blame it on the weather and I am well hydrated.
 
I don't think the MRI has caused it directly, but I wonder if having to keep your legs still, in one position, for so long has had some effect?
I know that my ankle felt quite uncomfortable for the rest of the day, after I had the MRI.
 
I think Celle is on the right track with why you are experiencing some additional discomfort. Try taking 1000mg of Tylenol ever 6 hours for a day or so and see if that helps.
 
Another day of unbearable pain spent mostly in bed. It's humid and I am always in shock at how bad the weather effects my pain level. I called Diagnostic Imaging and had them re transmit my MRI results to Dr. Bohn at noon. Fast forward to 4:30pm and his nurse just called me. She said they now have my results and she is forwarding them to Dr. Bohn..I will know something tonight or tomorrow at the latest. Somehow Olathe Medical Center created 2 accounts for me and my results got put in the wrong account. Hence why its taking so long to get Dr. Bohn to look at them. (My luck) I tried to nudge the nurse to let me know what they said but she would not budge. She did say that the MRI is what caused me to have such pain on Tuesday due to the length of the test and not being able to move a muscle for the 80 minutes. She suggested 4000 mg of Tylenol a day. That is like taking a placebo to me. Nothing is working for the pain that is over the counter. Trying to have patience with all this is over the top difficult.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom