Guest viewing is limited

THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad things are going well for you. Its such a relief to be after.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@Pumpkln I am curious when you say stiffness is a form of pain. I have heard this before. But, I also agree with Claire that the pain meds don't seem to help with that. I am still stiff 6 weeks post op. I am curious, because I would love to be done with this stiffness. It seems I will usually loosen up after being up and moving for awhile, with or without my pain meds. Then I stiffen up when I sit back down for any length of time, especially in the evening. Are you talking about opioids or NSAIDS or Tylenol or something else? Thanks.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you, Debbie ... stiffness tends to come after prolonged periods of inactivity, but I am not convinced about it being a form of pain. The pain I have now tends to come from the bruised areas, rather than from the numb areas of the thigh.
 
Hi @pumpk1n ... Thanks for stopping by.
Your comments on stiffness an
D pain generated some questions.
Pls see from your post next from @Dmcfad2 ... She tried to tag you but misspelled ...
Can you give us a reply pls? Thanks! See ya later in limericks.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Hi Claire.....Seems that stiffness thing is a real pain.. When you really move especially when I am doing the pt its good..less stiff. I still sometimes take a pain pill...For me its the achy feeling...When at work I have to stand up and stretch every once in awhile... Feels good.....sitting makes me a little stiff...I can honestly say now though.... that I am so glad I did the surgery!!!!!! WOW I SAID IT!!!!!....My hip feels really good. I am not dealing with that limp... that stabbing pain in my groin... and pain with every step....I can reach my foot....put on my shoe...get in my car and do almost everything. :wowspring:I am helping my son move and I have been up and down two flights of steps carrying his stuff and FEEL GREAT!!!!!!!! At my pt sessions the best part is having her stretch my leg...OMGoodness...its the best.....I think it really helps with the range of motion. I can almost sit Indian style....Almost.......Claire when you get to where I am just live your life like you have the hip you were born with. That's the mindset I try to have... I am now to the point where I can't believe I have this thing inside of me yet it feels perfectly normal. Sometimes I take my hand and try to feel it LOLLLLLL and I can't LOLLLLL... I hope I make sense....lol......I was thinking today how these doctors really have a gift given to them by God..:prayer:.really to do what they did to us.????...Good grief and we get up and walk....To me its truly been a miracle and I hope it stays that way....for me and for you...and for every beautiful person on this site...for we are blessed..:angel:..with our new hips and the fact that we can share our experience ...like we have known each other all of our lives....We did it...we made it...and we should be proud of ourselves....We did a brave thing as silly as that sounds,,,,,Anything that comes our way after this will be a piece of cake...:SUNsmile:
 
@chaseyboy Hiya Joann!!!!
Wow are you doing great! Almost Indian style sitting, and carrying things for your son's move!
Imagine trying to do those things a couple months ago. NOT.....
You are right, we are blessed, and I am so thankful for my new hip, too!
:goodpost: You really made me have a huge smile for YOU, me, and all of us hippies! :loveshwr:
 
Post Op Day 24:
Cut the Oxy from 5 to 2.5MG. Eliminated Tylenol.
Walked 1.5 miles without the cane.
Planted ten pretty garden planters with flowers I bought yesterday at the greenhouse.
This feels like normal life again. :yes!:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[Bonesmart.org] MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!
@MajorHeidi! Everything is getting better and better slowly but surely.
 
@MajorHeidi now that is more like it, huh? Lowering the meds, walking, planting flowers! So nice to hear you are able to do all the "normal" things again!

Sounds like you have turned a corner and you're on your way to your new pain-free life! :SUNsmile:
 
Hi Claire, I had a ton of reading to catch up, sounds like you are doing marvelous!! I am almost 11 weeks out and feeling great!! I still have the stiffness if I sit too long and still get muscle soreness if I overdo, but all in all things couldn't be better. I go to the Y and do a couple of classes. Hope things continue to get better as you move thru your recovery, WTG girlie!!
 
@AndisMom when do you leave for Cancun?
@Dmcfad2 After reading about the subluxation, isn't that scary???? I am not about to get down on the floor
yet please be careful!!!! I had read about kneeling and golfers reach into the kneel but shoot can't recall
how to get out of it.... haha really. do you?
@mystikfairy61 thanks for visiting... replied on your thread.... :loveshwr:
@Stan H I hope you continue your good recovery! yay :SUNsmile:
 
Leave in 23 days! Have to go to Denver for work the week before so I have 2 more weeks to get ready. I think I will be ready...so far so good. :fingersx:
 
@MajorHeidi I know, Claire! :yikes: I've been pushing to do things too fast, I think. I could even feel that my hip didn't like me getting down on the floor the other day; it didn't feel good, you know, like I was pushing it too much and the same thing with some of my stretches and trying to reach my toes and so I had decided to back off a bit, anyway, and then I read about the subluxation! I am going to slow down a little and quit trying to push so hard.
 
@Dmcfad2 Debbie, I admire you for trying to do what you want! It sounds like you are listening to your body and slowing down when you need to.

I'm not sure I can easily do floor work yet myself. Heck I haven't even tried sitting in my bathtub yet although I'm dying to take a relaxing bath. I'm afraid I would be less than graceful trying to get out of there! I'm gonna try it soon though...I really miss my baths.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Me2
@AndisMom Pam, when I came home from the gym the other day after struggling to get down on the floor to do my stretches and then struggling to get back up, I told my husband I wasn't going to get on the floor at the gym again for awhile! LOL! It wasn't pretty. I'm very lucky I didn't dislocate my hip!
I do plan on continuing on at the gym. It feels good and I love it! But, I really do think I was pushing a little too much in some areas, breaking the 90° rule when my hip doesn't feel ready for some of the things I was trying. My doctor told me if it doesn't feel right, don't do it, so I was planning to hold off for awhile, anyway.
Good luck with your baths. It won't be long and we'll all be doing what we want without a problem!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom