THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Claire @MajorHeidi great news and all very sensible advice. I think those lifelong restrictions are totally doable considering the lack of movement we were all facing!!!! Glad you are still getting out and about in the sunshine

Now @Dmcfad2 and Claire. I took awhile to work out the point of 2048. The goal of the game is to get to a tile with the 2048 number!!!! You join the number 2 tiles to make 4's, 4's to make 8's, 8's to 16, 16 to 32, 32 to 64, 64 to 128, 128 to 256, 256 to 512 and so on till you get a single tile with 2048.

The highest single tile I've had is 512 with a 256 and 2 x 128's on the board before the grid was jammed. I am addicted!!!!

Let me know if that makes more sense xxxx
 
Great report, @MajorHeidi , was just stopping by to check on you and see you have bee to your post op appt! But, I was not given any lifelong restrictions (not that I jog, mind you) but just found that curious, since I know you and I had the same approach. I see my OS for second post op on Monday. Will have to ask him.
 
I think I WAYYYYYYY overdid it yesterday for my first day without the walker.
I noticed on my Fitbit that I did double the steps and mileage from any other day prior.

I slept for 12 straight hours!! I still didn't want to get up, I just decided I better.....

Everything on my entire body is sore. Good grief!
I must have been putting too much of my body weight on the walker?
Both hips hurt to get out of bed. A. Lot. :groan:

I will rest today.
 
Hey I think I would take the 12 hours of sleep!! Man that would feel so good to me right now. :)
Glad you are doing so well....get some rest and tomorrow will be much easier! :yes!:
 
Uh-oh... Better take it easy. Great report!

Just read about your exercises. I do the exact same ones standing at kitchen sink! What's with the sink??!! It must be the right height or something. I stand there & look out over a canal & watch ducks, geese, & a big turtle sunning himself on a rock.

What are hammer curls? I can extend my op leg back, but can't bend it up... Hamstrings in that position are still weak, although I can do it lying down or sitting. Weird.
 
Nice sink view Ellen @shrinkette .
The hammercurl things are stand facing sink. Lift op leg backwards ninety degrees parallel to floor. Hold a few seconds, then down.
 
I agree....nice sink view @shrinkette
So sorry to hear you are hurting today Claire @MajorHeidi please just rest and ice today....your body obviously needs the rest!!!

I think the walker is supposed to take a lot of the weight. Dd you use any other aid on the walk?

Walker to nothing may be definitely too much.....maybe use 1 crutch or a cane.

Remember each day is different and don't get too down about this..."it will pass.

Enjoy your rest day!!!!
 
@MajorHeidi great report……but remember to take it easy…..I think when you get a positive report the tendency is to up the activity….but remember what the moderators are always telling us….rest…rest…rest.

So pleased all going well for you:yes!:
 
Hey Claire....Being a slug is perfectly normal for where you are..:sleeep:.Yesterday I walked a mile....on the bike trails near me...6 weeks post op and I did it. It was amazing. I still feel sore. At 2 weeks I was still the slug glued to the TV. Don't fight it. Just do it.....I am finally now feeling normal and that awful tired feeling is lifting....Its takes some time Claire,,, for me it did....Don't do to much...Just keep resting. I no longer have to ice anything...ahh life is good..:loveshwr:
 
Ahhhh! JoAnne! Good to see you @chaseyboy again!!
Glad you are feeling good and doing well! Your trail walk sounds nice..... :walking:

I will take your advice, and chill tomorrow, too. Whew!
 
Life long restrictions: No jogging, running, jumping. No lifting over 50 lbs or push/pull over 50 lbs.
I got the "no restrictions" like @Cantabrigian. My biggee was the horseback riding although I do lots of running after my little ones and jumping and hopping - its an integral part of preschool - yikes, I've done some this week already -- I was wondering about how heavy of weight I could lift -- my little ones that weight over 30, I usually insist they walk :rolleyes:. But for the other farm people, I think I will quote the 50 lbs limit -- I really don't like having to move feed bags or hay bales. :)

I agree....nice sink view @shrinkette We have a little moat (pond with bridge to front door) in front of our house that is coming to life -- just goldfish, a few koi, a red-eared slider, but alas no kitchen view.
 
Hope you're feeling better today, Claire, after your day of doing as little as possible.
As others have said, maybe going from a walker to no aid is a step too far. Try walking around the house unaided at first, but keep a crutch / cane for outside walks. It worked for me.:)
 
My walker hung around until I went back to work at 7 weeks. Now I use it to carry the laundry basket, sit on it at the kitchen island bench... It had been my companion for 18 months pre surgery, so it still holds a bit of sentimental value...

Glad you have taken it easier today @MajorHeidi. It is so easy to take one step forward and two back in the early weeks. But we need to push the boundary to see where we are at :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom