Guest viewing is limited

THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@AndisMom @Dmcfad2 I am NOT getting down to the floor til at least 6 weeks minimum. I am way too
scared of dislocation to attempt that.

Now for a milestone!!!! Day 26 post op:
I drove today for the first time!
I found myself braking prematurely, just to be safe.
But, all in all, I loved being out and about. :driver:
 
..with our new hips and the fact that we can share our experience ...like we have known each other all of our lives....We did it...we made it...and we should be proud of ourselves....We did a brave thing as silly as that sounds,,,,,Anything that comes our way after this will be a piece of cake...:SUNsmile:

You are so right! :sneaker:
 
I'm so happy for you! You're free now to get on with your life! I loved that moment myself!
 
Oh, That is so great. Now with the freedom you can take even more of your life. Remember go slow but keep moving. Take care. Tashia
 
@MajorHeidi Hey Claire I am not seeing posts as frequently so I'm betting you are out there driving around and living life! I hope so and that you have had a good week.

Happy mothers day weekend!
Pam
 
Hi there Pam! @AndisMom
Happy Mothers Day Weekend to you, too. We are lucky we both have our moms still....

I am doing okay. Felt a bit blue today, as it seems more like Groundhog Day here again.
Just doing the same old walking in the neighborhood; doing slightly smaller segments as my nonop leg
is complaining that its muscles are annoyed with the realignment. :umm:
Stopping for a few seconds makes the pain go away. Isn't that odd; it comes back pretty quickly though....:unsure:

Wow its been HOT here, and I bet in Tn, too.....
When do you leave for Mexico? That will be SO nice.
 
You're right Claire it's been too hot to be out much...it's too early in the season to be saying that...hope we are not in for another scorcher summer. It has taken a lot of water and energy to keep all of the flowers and new shrubs watered in the heat with no rain for nearly 10 days. I have trouble lifting heavy watering cans and hoses but am trying to stay ahead of it so I don't lose anything this early. Luckily we are having rain tonite and for the weekend. I can have a break and hang out with Mom this weekend. ;)

It's 18 days to Mexico, but only 10 days to my first business trip post-surgery. I'm worried I won't have the stamina for a bunch of walking in airports, downtown streets, and large office buildings. Will do the best I can...

Hang in there...the walking is good but take it easy when you need to!

Pam
 
Hi @MajorHeidi heidi, we meet so much in the social room I just popped into our thread to see how you were doing and to wish you well. Getting in a car to drive myself was a real milestone for me too at 4 weeks post op. So glad you were able to accomplish that . Hope you have a pain-free week.:console2:
 
Thanks for coming over @chestnc !
I always enjoy our wonderful Limericks we put together. I had never done those before, but really
find that stimulating during recovery. :friends:
 
Claire...you are so right with the pain in the non op leg.....Geez I'm glad you said that....My muscles in the good leg are very sore...lol....I was getting worried...Like what the heck. But it does go away... I had such trouble with the operated leg...my knee was hurting awful from all the limping I was doing. I had been bracing it for months.. ..but its slowly coming around and for the last three days I wore no brace and ahh NO PAIN:happydance:.Are you doing out patient pt? If not..:dancy:. DO>>>.All in all I feel pretty fantastic. Its just so wonderful not having that hip pain. What a miracle.....Watch that walking though...It took me a full week to recover after over doing it.....Feels great walking but really...break it up.Yesterday I was sitting Indian style and didn't even realize it!!!!!!!!!! Again life is looking up..Keep smiling:SUNsmile:
 
So happy you're able to drive again @MajorHeidi ! That's wonderful. You'll beat those blues soon. It's perfectly normal after all you've been through physically and emotionally. And you'll still be healing for a long time. This too shall pass. :hi:
 
@chaseyboy I am so glad that your knee is coming around now, and playing nice.
Thanks for giving me tips that have helped you. I broke up walks up yesterday into two chunks; still
quite tired today. One thing I noticed when I got up at 11:30am was that I am now going to sleep at 2am-ish....
So it really is just an adjustment of time not a huge amount of slothfulness. Whew....
Keep up your good work, and your coaching of us newbies please.

@MsFit1 I'm glad to see your minimally invasive anterior is doing well for you. Seems like the MI is the
future of this surgery. Continued best!

:doggie:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom