THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MajorHeidi most people on here complain of the 4am wake up ... and you're sleeping until 11.30am...?! :alarm:
Did you forget to set the alarm...? lol

The walks are probably making you tired too ... you'll have to test if 2 long ones are more tiring than 6 little ones lol.
 
LOL You be a funny guy! Tomorrow I have to manage to get myself up at early time (9am haha) so I can
attend a ladies luncheon. Don't won't to fall asleep , but they don't plan on having the Chippendale's to dance for us either..... :snork:
 
What, no Chippendales? Let's hope for good food & beverages:)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Five week report:
All in all , I am happy; and pleased that I am where I am.

This week has been a bit of challenge, in that I have some withdrawl symptoms from being off pain meds.
Last night I had RLS (restless leg syndrome) in bed while trying to sleep. Also, feel a bit flu like.
This will pass.
I am off oxycodone, tramadol, and tylenol.

Today I walked 2.5 miles, and over 5 so far on the Fitbit. :happydance::walking:

I don't really have any pain anymore.
Still rebuilding ROM.
The outdoor pool opens Saturday next week. :swim: :yay:

I wish everyone continued good healing.
 
That's terrific! I'm about where you are which isn't surprising since we had our surgeries only one day apart. Those flu-like symptoms do sound like withdrawal. I'm getting this unpleasant burning sensation in my head every time I go about 20 hours w/o any narcotics. I've taken to cutting the pills in half and stretching the intervals between them longer and longer. This seems to help.
 
Hi @MajorHeidi I'm so happy for your successful recovery!:thumb: I didn't realize that flu-like symptoms would be a result of withdrawing :what:from meds. And would restless leg syndrome be caused by coming off them as well? :what:
 
Hi @LarryG and @MsFit1
I have done quite a bit of searching tonight and definitely am experiencing withdrawl symptoms, I believe
from the oxycodone.
Besides feeling flu-like and restless leg , I also have been yawning a lot, and freezing cold.
Seems like it may last several days. Oh well...... :groan:
 
You are right, they are withdrawal symptoms. I had a lot of those plus sneezing! I didn't have restless legs, though. They lasted about 7 days for me.
 
Claire, how is it for you when you are walking? Do you feel pain in your hip at all? I feel pain/pressure in the back of my thigh near my incision that gets worse the longer I walk. It is uncomfortable enough that it makes me not want to walk too far. Do you have that kind of pain? It is only when I walk for awhile, not at rest.
 
@Dmcfad2 Debbie, hi....
I need a second or two to get started after sitting to get going; then I can walk just fine.
I had direct anterior (on top) and have had no pain in the rear thigh area.
the pain is in the location of the top of the scar where there are two puncture wounds whatever
they were for (?) and just slightly to the right of the scar. (when walking).

I figured it was indeed withdrawl symptoms.... at least it will subside in a matter of a few days more.

Hope yours feels better, soon, too.
 
@hipster_chic hope your salon day was great!
@Dmcfad2 Debbie, I reread your question...... Yes, I would say that I do have pain when walking
around ;on and to the right of the incision scar. It does sound like yours..... so , it is probably normal.
 
Thanks, Claire. I don't know why I'm such a worry wart. :chinstroke:I should know by now that things will get better as time goes on. I am just so impatient. I just want to walk without thinking about my hip. :walking: Now, is that too much to ask?? :dubious:
 
@MajorHeidi Hi, sorry to hear that your withdrawal symptoms are bothersome - hope that this will pass quickly. Sounds like you are making great strides (pun intended) in your distance. I'll be 8 weeks this coming Tuesday and I really don't think about the hip except for slight stiffness the first few steps of the day. Enjoy the weekend - rest and relax:)
 
Hi @MajorHeidi ....Just caught up with you and do glad all is going so well...
Noted you were worrying about RLS and @Dmcfad2 also about pain in thigh when walking. Just to say that there are a lot of niggly pains and feelings that come and go for some considerable time after THR and manly they go away on their own volition after a while..... I'm sure it's all the nerves, muscles and soft tissues getting back to life. Plus once we feel a little better we tend to overdo everything and our bodies let us know, for sure. I'm at 8 months post op and still have some knee pain on operated side..... But in all other ways my new hip is ' forgotten. Keep up the great recovery.... Chrissie xxxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
The information that you found on withdrawal symptoms is quite interesting @MajorHeidi , although I am sorry you're going through all that discomfort. I got off the oxycodone the day I got home from the hospital as it affected me negatively (headache and nausea) so the only pain meds I've been taking are tramadol and acetaminophen. I'm going to check online to see what effects are caused by weaning off the tramadol. Sure hope you're feeling better very soon!
 
@MajorHeidi Claire, great to hear how you're progressing. The withdrawl is just a hiccup to your otherwise awesome recovery! :)
 
Wow Claire...look how far you have come.....I am almost to the point that I forget I had surgery.......little aches...come and go but walking is just ahh awesome. ....I have 2 more weeks of PT which has really helped me....I complain on the days I have to go.....but the benefits are just great. ...my op leg is just a tad weak but I guess that's to be expected. My knee hasn't hurt for day's now....I hope it's for good...I think we have made it Claire. ..let's be good to our new hips....lets live our lives and enjoy this miracle....:)

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom