Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your concern ppl. Had a fabulous pt thisafternoon...you catch mote ants with honey.than with vinegar. Apparantly they rotate so i get a diff ine 2morrow then Ms Personality on monday...hopefully I'll b at rehab before i have to see her.
Understand the comments re lack of concerntragtion....posting is s challenge. On tjat note time for a nanna nap. Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Heck Maggie Its great your able to message already, at your point I was having trouble figuring out the dinner menus let along communicating electronically. Glad the PT went better this afternoon. Take care.
 
Hi Maggie! i just caught up with your thread. I have Stryker Triathlon twins also. I hope you're feeling better today!
 
Feeling strstrong Catheter out at 3 pm... sccessful bathroom breakat 4.45 PLUS a ward walk of about 100 yards. Back to bed with 5pm meds ice compression n elevation. Very comfortable.[emoji1]

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Hey you are leaving legin type messages chortle. Glad you are thru and obviously feeling.ok and text typooooo are fine wellbi.can hardly.talk. Well I can.talk quite a lot see master of the obvious me. Take care and concentrate on healing

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Comfortable is a great place to be! Hope you keep getting some good night sleeps.
 
Wonderful Maggie..sounds like you will be heading to rehab soon.:yay:

Vinny
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all. Sorry for lack of individual mentions but I'm on my phone till Monday when i go to rehab. Your support is invaluable Maggie xxx

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Anomeds pic of the Twins... got 30 mins till 1am meds[emoji1]
[Bonesmart.org] Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins


Maggie via Tapatalk
 
QUESTION i have a large hand towel folded in4 slipped under my knees with the outside part rolled to give some layeral support. Will this be detrimental to extension? It just makes sleeping more comfortable
[Bonesmart.org] Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins


Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Not for the amount of time it will be there Maggie. Extension will come in rehab just chill for the next few days. The walks will be enough. Like the bandages never saw them before. You are doing terrific but I knew you would. Sleep is most important now

Vinny
 
Congratulations on your two new Strykers---a matching set!!!

I will be soon sending you a DVD of the World Famous BTKR "Secret Handshake"!

QUESTION i have a large hand towel folded in4 slipped under my knees with the outside part rolled to give some layeral support. Will this be detrimental to extension? It just makes sleeping more comfortable
Not a problem at all---at this stage of the game----comfort is what it is all about.


As for for the lack of concentration---the pain meds and the sleepiness all add up to the need for zzzzzzz's and that is all normal!

I could not grade papers that were dropped off to me---for more than ten or fifteen minutes at a time---my lkife on Oxycontin was inside of one giant cottonball.
 
Congrats. Xxxx I will be praying for you. Better woman than I am. Lol one was enough for me


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Yeah for a better PT experience and meds that are working!!

RE the towel - I've had moments off and on of a pillow here or there and starting to worry if I'm causing an issue if it's not in the exact right position but that road leads to madness say I! I'm just going to do my best and let my body heal.

RE the meds - I'm seemingly lucid, mostly, until I try to read something other than a text or post - then it's like I am trying to decipher....@Legin! LOL. This, too, shall pass.

Glad you're doing better Maggie!
 
RE the meds - I'm seemingly lucid, mostly, until I try to read something other than a text or post - then it's like I am trying to decipher...
That was just the way I felt when I tried to read or to grade essays.

I took several great books with me to the hospital, hoping to read them after my surgery.

Nope.

I either was too groggy; I slept, or I had the concentration of a small rodent. nothing worked.

It was very difficult to grade essays, as I had to not only think critically, but also write comments down, too.
 
Hi Maggie! Glad to see you made it! Now's the time to catch up on your Netflix (I highly recommend 'Sherlock'). I'd ad lots of advice, but you already have a ton of awesome info at your fingertips so I'll just say, if you need anything, let somebody know. You've got a fantastic support group here.
You're in my prayers my friend!
Rick
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Maggie,
You are doing great! I'm curious about the honeycomb dressing you have on your knees. Is it attached to an ice machine?
I'm on day 10 now and I can tell you that every day gets better. Keeping the pain under control is most important.
Don't worry about the typos. Legin has prepared us well!
(((hugs)))
karen
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom