Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Maggie, when I was in hospital the nurses would give me the ice in a plastic bag and then in a cotton pillow case, they never stopped me from continually icing, it so soothes the knee. I still continue to use the ice in a pillow case at home.

You are doing great, Holly :angel:
 
Hi Maggie! Glad to see you posting more!! I was icing the entire time I was in the hospital though there were times it almost felt like it was so cold it hurt...I did have a pillow case between me and the machine but still. At home I ice for about 3-4 hours on then 30 minutes or so off all day...that's what seems to make me feel best. And really I think that's the ticket - there isn't a pure right or wrong way, just whatever your body responds the best to.
 
Hi @vinny. IV removed day 3. As was catheta. I went back to icimg with more blankets. 4hours later knees are bacn to being good and i am warm...thanks Ellejay.
Vinny i am finding that 150mg endone every 4 hours plus icing is holding pain at 0 to 1. Without the ice i think its 3 to 4

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Thanks Holly & Teresa. I think that when you are alone in the middle of the night its hard to be forceful n you doubt yourself. Thanks all for the reassurance and support. Just had 3am pills n new ice. Cheers Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Whoa--a shower and the poo fairy! Big day! Glad to see you, Maggie. Glad you're making good progress.
 
Hi @vinny. IV removed day 3. As was catheta. I went back to icimg with more blankets. 4hours later knees are bacn to being good and i am warm...thanks Ellejay.
Vinny i am finding that 150mg endone every 4 hours plus icing is holding pain at 0 to 1. Without the ice i think its 3 to 4

Maggie via Tapatalk
You are doing great Maggie..rehab will be a breeze for you..

Vinny
 
Sleep of the dead last night. Just fabulous. Slept thru 3am meds and woke at 6am. I can now lift my right leg off the bed..left is getting there. Have done 2 walks today with sticks. Happy to be getting there.
Thanks for answeres to my midnight crisis. .this site rocks...so much support and caring. THANKYOU

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Whoo hoo lifting your leg off the bed is HUGE, congrats!!! You are doing phenomenal! When do you go to rehab?
 
Maggie you are doing amazing!! Your progress is astonishing and I can't believe that you are already walking with just canes already. You are inspiring!!!

Hope you have a fantastic day!
 
Thank you all. Off to rehab tomorrow (well that is the plan). I've noticed that the fuzziness when reading has reduced. Will try to read some other threads layer to check the concentration sode if things.
Hoping everyone is feeling well managing pain n recovering. Cheers Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
@Maggie94 - as a fellow recent bilateral, I'm very, very impressed with what you've managed so far. I didn't start moving ahead until I got to rehab and you are going to go in with a really good start behind you. Don't overdo it though - take care of your "twins" even though they aren't identical ;-) You'll rock rehab, the way you are going.
 
Wow Maggie. Your walking with the sticks already. That is something to be proud of. And I am so glad your getting sleep. The pace your going you'll be skipping out of the hospital. You take care and You are doing amazing.
 
Thanks Sandra and Harry. I am pleased with progress and contribute this in no small part to BS info and support. Eating a banana at the moment 1am...waiting for night meds. Feels weird but it works with staving off nausea.
I get my computer tomorrow YYY...posting using a phone is not the best. Hospital does not have wifi in wards and I am not technical enough to get round this. No real drama as I managed with my phone for what I was capable of to this point. Ok land of nod calls. Good night all Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Yeah for getting your computer back and getting started in rehab! I agree, you're going to do great. So - translation required, anytime someone in UK or Australia says "sticks" I assume you mean what we call crutches in the US, not canes, right? OR is it something else? I prefer the crutches to the walker but it's a lot more tricky around my big dorky dogs!

Twins again! I've been eating a banana with middle of the night meds too, rather than crackers, the past few nights - it does work and I feel like I'm fueling rather than just staving off the hurlies :)
 
Maggie you are doing great....I would not be at all surprised if you on a cane within a week or two you will know when you start picking up and walking steps without using the sticks......I am so happy for you..

Vinny
 
Way to go Maggie! So happy that your recovery is going so smoothly. Good luck with rehab.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom