Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. Honeycomb iis ubder the waterproof tape. Its made out od a stryofoam type material...its a bit spongy. Teresa thies to complete yr thread....gettin there slowly. Great that you are going well. Yey Karen 10 days already. Yes i notice little things every day. Positives so far are
Day 1 successful op n low pain
Day 2 pain BUT grear nights sleep
Day 3 good phydio sessio, walked 100 yards
Day4 so far at 6am got off toilet by mysmyself
Rick thanks for your wishes. Vinny Harry and Legin there always. Referee54 great advice. Karen Threads support n wishes. Teresa stepping this together. To all of you you who have posted ...it is greatly appreciated. Huggs across the water Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Good job on getting off the toilet yourself Maggie! That's NO easy task with bilateral (or even with a single) this early on! Go you! Rest and take good care of yourself!
 
Well done, Maggie! You're doing just fine. :yay::SUNsmile:
 
= )

Great to hear from you Maggie, keep pressing them if you are in pain, do not settle....

Much love, and respect...
-chris
 
Water????? We bk.to toilets again. Well.done lass hi5.. well impressed. Aye I'm here just not always all there. You.stick too guns re pain. Take care and keep.smiling.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thanks @noc. Big day today goals are shower,done , walk and visit from the Poo Fairy.
So far so good. Pain is under control and swelling reducing. Go the mantra.
How are you? Are your knees behaving? Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Thanks @DogLoverx3. Every up n down on the walker is easier than the last. I have one of those full aize walkers at the moment that you rest your forearms on. May garduate to a regular walker at pt today. Thanks for checking in Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Thanks @cellem i am happy with progress so far. Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Maggie it sounds like you are doing great! I love all your pictures, it lets me know what I can expect. I hope to be able to do the same. Hopefully you are getting a good nights sleep to help with your healing. Keep up the great work, your recovery is impressive!
 
More walking this afternoon. Graduated to 2 walking sticks...stairs on Monday. They don't do pt on Sundays

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Hi Maggie, delighted that you are comfortable and resting, my physio puts a towel like that under my knee when he does acupuncture on my TKR knee, he then leaves me for about 30 minutes and this is just so comfortable as the knee is supported.

Holly :sleeep:
 
It intetesting. The nursrs have ideas of what you should be doing...I should be sittin a.in a chair ti improve flex...no I say I am resting elevating icing an using the compression machine. Monday will be interest because it is the nasty PT then. I think i will just refuse and pick up again at the rehab hospital next day.
How are you going? The Endone (morphine ) i am on makes it hard to concerntrate and read so have not been to other threads. Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Stick to your.guns lass. I find it hard to.concentrate all the time so you.are fine.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
QUESTION can i draw on the collective wisdom again tonight please.
I have bee resting icing elevating and compressing except for pt and bathroom. I began to shiver so took gell pacs off...about 2 hrs ago. Just buzzed to get them back cause the knees are sore. Nurse said it is not good toice all the time and suggested i get the gel pacs back in 1.5 hours when next endone due.
What is the BS view of.prolinged icing ans should i give it a rest tull i stop shivering. Thankyou Maggie

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Hi Maggie, sorry, I haven't been around much in the last couple of days. It seems as if you are off to a really good start, well done.
I still love my ice, 8 weeks today and I still ice all evening and some nights. I just make sure that the rest of me is warm. Of course it's cold here anyway, so I am usually well wrapped up, I suppose you are in summer clothes, but how about having a shawl or pashmina to keep the rest of you from shivering?
 
Thanks Ellejay. Ill double the blankek agross me. Legs are now swollen n sore. I'll get the ice happening again

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Hi Maggie.....I don't believe you need to ice 24/7 particularly if the ice is making direct contact with your skin...you may need to put something between the ice and your skin for some time....and the rest of your body should be comfortable ..have they removed your IV?

Vinny
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom