Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking really good they will heal up nae probs. Work out best aid for walking big part is in the head, well for me it was with previous injuries and surgeries I had crutches so favoured those but went onto sticks quickly. Mimd you when physio found out how far I was going on crutches me thinks it was a cunnimg plan to stop me.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Great bends and great looking scars. Should heal real well. Bruising may take some time disappearing, I have been using Arnica Cream on mine.
Sleep well tonight
Diane
 
Your knees look very good. And not too swollen. Whatever you are doing, it is obviously working well for you. Its great to get the dressings off and have a good look at the knee, isn't it.
Best wishes
 
Ha ha @sudidar... that is not bruising...just shadow. I don't have any visible bruising. Thanks for heads up on arnica cream. How are you going?

Yes @SuperSnapper it is great to really check out what's been done. I'm on the slowly slowly catchee monkey recovery path... doing little and often except for 45 min hydro and 30 gentle pt a day. I walk (50 - 100yards) whenever I get up, do a few quad exercises,foot circles and calf pulll in bed every couple of hours. Basically just keep moving.

Still stiff in the morning but I have one of my little walks before breakfast and that loosens the knees up. Hope all is well with you

Cheers Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
@maggie your incision's look terrific particularly this early....I played golf the other day with a woman who had her knees done a year ago and the scars were just a very thin white line...with the closing that your surgeon performed I would bet they look fine in a year too.


Vinny
 
Thanks @vinny. Yep I think mine will end up as thin lines. I'd give my Dr an A+ for sewing. Cheers Maggie x
 
@Maggie94 Sounds to me as if you are doing really well and slowly, slowly is great. You'll get there in good shape if you don't rush it. I can honestly say I have done very little formal PT ( two visits in 8 weeks and that was to check progress) but I'm walking over three miles and in the gym 3 times per week. Just taking it slowly and steadily and stopping any exercise that hurts seems to work for me.
Keep smiling
 
Great looking incisions! I think yours are more healed than mine and I have an extra 30ish hours on ya, no fair :-)

Congrats on the flex - I can tell mine is getting better but yours is terrific! Not a competition, I know, we'll both get there in time. Hope you have a wonderful night!
 
Hi Maggie,
The girls look great and fabulous flex at 2 weeks!
I am longing to take a good soak in my whirlpool tub, but doubt I'd be able to get out and that would be embarrassing! :heehee:
Best Wishes,
Karen
 
@Maggie94 I have been doing a very thorough and exhausting research project on Bilateral Twin Knees and have reached the conclusion that none of the Twins are Identical and are 100%fraternal...would you agree with my research Maggie?

Vinny
 
Still all good, thanks guys. PT yesterday reall y highlighted the difference between the 2. Laverne was the bad knee for years which meant the left also had less muscle tone than the right. Exercises to this point had show some difference but now we are progressing in prep 4 stairs and it is now really obvious that Laverne needs a lot more attention to bring her closer to Shirley. That will start today mainly building quads and strengthening other knee muscles. Standing on one leg w eyes closed is interesting...Shirley breezes it in and Laverne wobbles all over like a girl who has had too mant port and lemonades.
Hope everyone has a top day. Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Im sure she will but she will whinge and moan doing it.

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
They will catch up to be identical twins....my bad one is almost even now ....do you stand ok with the eyes open? Port and lemonades has to be an Aussie Drink.....

Vinny:cheers::martini:
 
Port and lemonade - that brings back memories of my life in the late 1960s !
 
It is a sweet girlie drink...not my style but i think the girls would be into these....long glass lots of ice a fancy straw and a little cocktail umbrella.
Sitting on the bed doing leg lifts 2 for Laverne to 1 for Shirley. Hrdyo at 11[emoji4]

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom