Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
All is mystery to me except maggers looking good errrrr wounds not being a prevert
 
Your incisions look great! Your surgeon is a good stitcher. Did he use glue?
I guess it's tomorow there, so have a great day!
Karen
 
Sounds like we're on the same timeline still - my staples come out tomorrow - not a moment too soon, these little things are annoying! Are you still enjoying rehab? you are there another 2 weeks, I think? I like being home but I do sometimes envy the freedom of NOT having to watch the chores pile up or see all the things I "should" be doing...not to mention that hydro class, sounds super fun.
 
He he @TexasTee....Teresa I just wrote on your thread about when are staples coming out....we crossed in cyber space LOL
Hydro and gym based pt are part of the daily routine. I think I overdid it again at hydro yesterday...so easy to do because of the support of the water and the freedom of movement. Just got back on track tonight (4.30 am here). Will be mindful of going slower at hydro later this morning.
Pic of staple free knee please☺ Maggie x
 
I can see how it would be easy to over do it in the warm water and feel like your body works! Even just walking in the warm sun it was a challenge to turn back with I knew i should rather than keep on going like I wanted too. We'll get there! Hope you sleep well and go easy tomorrow.
 
Hi @vinny Pain levels are generally good. Yesterday pain got out of wack and would have hit 6-7 a couple of times for about 30 mins. Back under control now at the morning stiffness level of 2-3 . I'll get p now (7.20 am) and do a short walk before breakfast to loosen the girls up.
Are you still in NY or back in sunny Bermuda? Wherever you are have a great day Maggie x
 
Hi @Maggie94 , I found I joined the ODIC a number of times at rehab, I found the Hydro session followed shortly after by Physio, left very little time (if any) to get pain meds straight. And they continually altered times of sessions which didn't help. I didn't do physio sessions a couple of times and at other times only did easy and partial physio because of pain caused.
I love hydro but gentle does it, amazing how easy bends are in a pool, especially when they give meds out before hand. Sometimes it catches you unawares later. Hope all is settling again and the twins are behaving today
Diane
 
Hi Diane. I agree re lack of schedule. I have been forceful thus far and will continue to be to have my hydro in the morning. I then take Endone after hydro. I don't want to take it before because I think it would mask the pain in hydro too much which would lead to the ODIC. So with Endone on board I then do the early arvo gym group. Works in well so far.
Its 2 weeks post for me tomorrow and I have to say that I think I have turned another corner today in terms of how I feel overall. So all good in my camp.
How are you going knee- wise and overall? Cheers Maggie x
 
Nice one lass. Be careful of corner thingy I went right right right was back where I started. Hmm wonder if it could be a time machine.......... hair here I come.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Maggie94 Good to hear your a happy camper. Overall I am doing ok. Knees take their turns on letting me know who is really in charge.:groan: My right knee is not bending as well as left today. Sore after yesterday so rested much of day. Now left has swollen up above and outer side of knee (very painful). Both are still warm, very stiff and swollen. Each day though is progress. Got excited when I thought swelling was down a little yesterday @@@@ Going to hydro pool tomorrow yahooo. Hope you have a great restful night with lots of healing happening...
Diane
 
Glad you're feeling so good Maggie!! As nice as your rehab facility sounds, I do NOT like the sound of twice a day, everyday PT...I am doing much less than you are and happy with that. I suppose the walks outside are similar to the second PT but I am in charge of how far and it's so nice that it feels like a treat rather than a chore. Still - it sounds as if it's working for you so there you have it - no matter what path, we'll all get there in the end!
 
Yes, there are different paths to this recovery, but the most important thing for all of them is to not do anything that takes you beyond discomfort into pain, and not to do so much that you end up exhausted or in pain later.
 
Hiya Maggie, two weeks post op for you, how time is flying, delighted that you are feeling the benefits of the pool, keep up the good work. Holly :chuckmarch:
 
14 days today. All fantastic. Dressings off, graduated to walking sticks yeaterday (they insisted I went back on a walker when I got to rehab), Laverne is at 96 flexion and Shirley is 103.
Worked out the calf cramp issue....really bad last night but fixed with a couple of magnesium pills so these are now on my regular meds list
Hope everyone is happy and progressing on you knee journeys. Maggie x
[Bonesmart.org] Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins


Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom