Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah the adventures of Maggie living in the lap of luxury. Don't forget to have them massage your heels and tuck you in.....you deserve the TLC

Vinny
 
Port lemonade is british in origins cant see it myself port is nectar why adulterate it. Mmmm white port drizzled over an ice filled glass best summer relaxing drink.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
i better stick to my diet coke and when i want to get really crazy I put in a twist of lime:beer::beer:
 
I'm a red wine gal or a beer after golf. Vinny you are really living on the edge with that twist of lime.
Must admit that with the drugs on board at the moment I have absolutely no desire for a glass of wine. Pringles are another story....

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Donuts for me Maggie dear....I lost 50 pounds before surgery giving up sugar and gained 15 back since the new knees...someone brought in donuts to the office yesterday and I had one...that was it..bought 3 on the way home and shoved them in my mouth.....no wonder I gave up booze and don't do pain killers..if you can be addicted to something I either am or have been....sugar free today back on the wagon......:climb:

Vinny
 
. Pringles are another story....

Maggie I would think @Legin would be all over Pringles the potato snack chip of Scotland...
 
Pringles scotland is a textile clothing mainly wool. I hvnt eaten a crisp/chip for over 30yrs
Now scotch pie, haggis, Forfar bridie, arbroath smokie, and cullen skink they are food gods
 
Know Pringle knitwear well. I've had a few of their items in my time...Legiin love t when u talk Scot..other than haggis I have no idea what the others are....oops are we on another vegamite conversation?
 
All very tasty forfar and arbroath are places with their own dish. Cullen skink is fifes fish soup.
Aye wee lassie ya nae can ken whit goes into these tasty peices in fact can put your mind in a brrrrrrll.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Tried standing on one leg with eyes closed Maggie....not that easy....could stand that way all day with eyes open.......:bicycle1:
 
@Maggie94 Sounds as if your knees are doing well and you are managing to keep cheerful with the aid of Vinny and @Legin . Cullen skink is so delicious. We had it once on holiday in Mallaig and I sometimes make it at home now. Great with crusty bread. Yum. I also don't mind haggis, if I don't think what's in it and last year in the Hebrides I got very fond of Stornaway Black Pudding!
 
Arbroath smokie is smoked mackerel delic.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
<----- court jester aka fool

Legin THR Sep 14
 
2 weeks 5days...Laverne is at 101 and Shirley is at 104. Rehab Specialist has just seen me an she is very happy with my progress. So much so that I go home on Friday (3weeks 2days post).
Tried stairs today....mmmmm felt a bit uncertain but I did it OK. I understand that confidence comes with practice so I can see stairs featuring in both gym and hydro sessions for the rest of the week.
RS has increased Targin to 40 mg at night and decreased morning dose to 20 mg. Still have Endone for breakthrough pain.
So I'm on the going home planning list...organize the Throne is at the top of the list .
I have to say that the overall experience has been very positive for me and I feel blessed that getting my new knees has been so smooth. Having access to the information, experiences and support of the Smarties has been a huge factor for me. Thank you.
OK 4pm...time for another little walk and stretch. Take care all, Maggie x
 
Well done you. Bet you are looking forward to going home. If you have wee nagging worries about but then I dont have nurses etc about its ok plenty of people here and even unlike me knowledgeable ones. You will be fine well done

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Chortles at Kevin naaaaa I dont look like a kevin and you must know real name anyway.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom