Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Maggie! It's great to see that Laverne and Shirley are doing fine! My nickname is Laverne so I can just imagine the trouble she is causing you. :)
Happy to hear that your Rehab center is awesome and even happier with your progress!! When you mention going to Hydro, does that mean swimming? I think I am going to ask my doctor on his thoughts of in patient rehab if I can locate a place like yours!
Have a wonderful weekend and look forward to more of your updates.
 
Hi ppl. Thanks for your various comments
Rehab is a hard gig :giggle:. I've had a couple of hydro sessions of 45 mins which are fantastic. The first on Friday was a one on one with my PT with yesterday more a group session where you did your own routine under supervision. I think I joined the ODIC club yesterday but hey just rested plus a PT free day to day I'll be back to 100% for tomorrow.
The girls... Laverene was dirty on friday cause she didn't get to wear the iddy biddy teeny wennie yellow polka dot bikini. All she got was a water proof dressing. She grumbled and complained thru the routine then decided she had a knee ache for the afternoon. Shirley as usual did her thing as asked and even extended herself a bit too much yesterday so she got the post hydro kneeache.
I've been blessed with visitors bearing gifts and goog cheer. Top medicine. Just looked out the window /door combo at the end of the room...leads out to a court yard w seating...fabulous bright Sydney sky:flwrysmile:
Hope y'all are healing well (like my southern speak?) and managing yr pain. Have a top day...sending sunny healing rays to all Maggie x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Blendab1 Morning Brenda. Yes hydro is hydro therapy....no swimming bit more like aqua aerobics...my program includes walking across the pool frontwards backwards and sideways squats,stepping up, cycling,various flexing exercises and lunging.. All executed at various levels of success for a number of reps per exercise. The pool is really warm and has extra buoyancy. Love hydro:yes!: you get a good range of exerciser in a fun setting. But it is not a doddle...definitely need a nap after.
Hope you are getting yourself organized for k-day. Maggie x
 
Hi Maggie,
Wow! Your rehab facility is top notch and no better medicine than visits with friends.
So glad to hear you're doing so well.
Best Wishes from sunny Florida,
Karen
ps- where did you learn to speak southern?
 
It all sounds wonderful! Hope Laverne and Shirley forgive you for over doing it.
 
-Harold has wee chat with Laverne and Shirley, telld them to be nice

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thank Harold 4 me... they r being very good ATM. He obviously has influence.... may call on him again:thankyou:
 
G'day Maggie......how long is the rehab stay for you?

Vinny
 
while having my early morning ice and coffee just heard my favorite AC/DC song that reminds me of this process...It's a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll......wonder what button I pushed on the keyboard to make the type look this way?
 
Harold has no influence over me unfortunately hence ooooooopsies

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Congratulations on being able to get Laverne into bed unassisted - definitely a WIN!
 
Hi Maggie, I am glad that the girls enjoy the Hydro even though Laverne is still being a brat! I thought it was water therapy but wanted to make sure. I swear if we had a rehab facility here like yours that is where I would live for recovery!! I just checked and my insurance covers it too. This is going to be on my ask the Doc list for sure.
Hope you are having a very relaxing rest day, it's snowing here so I have to take my sore knee out to do some shoveling. Blech!
 
Da 12. Pic of the girls. Just about to have a shower before pt. The thin dressing is waterproof and will come off on Wednesday
[Bonesmart.org] Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins


Maggie via Tapatalk
 
wonder what button I pushed on the keyboard to make the type look this way?
Ctrl+B
It's a toggle action, so if you select your text and push Ctrl and B at the same time, the text should return to unbolded. that's if you're using a computer, of course. I have no idea if you're on a phone or tablet.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom