Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
On your marks, get set, and go now
Got a dream and we must know now
We're going to make our dreams come true
And we'll do it our way, yes our way
Make all our dreams come true :heehee:

Wishing Laverne and Shirley all the best!
 
Hi Maggie, I am doing great, back working with my special needs groups without any problems, can sit for a couple of hours without any discomfort, back driving full time with no problems even getting in and out of the car. Back to my yoga classes with 4 classes a weeks and put all my weight on my TKR knee yesterday while kneeling. Still working through the ROM but feel a difference every week. I am back to see the OS next week so that will be my eight week check up, but I have had a smooth run with no problems and had a good sense of humor which I think is very important and a positive attitude which you also have. I am delighted at how well you are doing and so impressed with you having twins, that is tough. Holly :scare::wow:
 
Hi Maggie,
So glad to hear that you're doing so well. Pain management is so important as I have recently found out!
Aside from the PT, my recovery has been great and I would not hesitate to do this again.
All the fear I felt before surgery was for naught!
Now I'm thinking my only child needs a name!
Take care,
Karen
 
Hi Maggie - I haven't been getting alerts so I decided to check up on you just to see what was happening. I missed the "naming" - was there a party for Laverne and Shirley? Looks like they are looking after you royally at your rehab! Have you started physio or OT yet? Keep your sense of humour and your positive attitude and you'll be walking out of there before you know it. I spent 3 hours at a big mall with my granddaughter on the weekend and actually forgot my cane in a store - that's just short of 12 weeks. You've used up one of those already - freedom is in sight!
 
Popping into check you are ok lass. Bit like the bad penny.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thanks Legin. Bit tired today but good. Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
You will be tired. Look into my eyes you are feeling sleepy. Ooooer two of you

Legin THR Sep 14
 
looks like @Legin @Maggie94 and Vinny are all on the same time table....3 cups of coffee for me so I feel like:yikes::tantrum2:.. how is the rehab facility Maggie....never been to one so I really have no frame of reference.....

Vinny
 
Ho @vinny rehab is very good. Bit like a 5 star hotel with a twist. They have an in house chief and I have to say meals are great...home cooked !! This morning they came round w coffee and the option of chic cake. It was magnificent. Just a small square 1.5 x1.5 inches of the most delectable moosey (so) treat. Yummy.
So food is great, beds are superb state of the art Coney Island ride on variety, press a buzzer for a genie "what can I do for you master" bathroom cleaned, bed made and a hydro pool and gym on site. Why go home?
 
And you deserve it Maggie....make sure they continue to rub your heels too...I guess with the quality of the food you have no gray pancakes? Sounds like a great way to mend..

Vinny
 
It sounds like your rehab facility is one step short of heaven!! I am glad to read of how good the food is---that is important, as the appetite tends to go bye-bye for a while.
 
Sounds like things are going well - terrific! Have you been bitten by the boredom bug yet? I think I was taking the wrong approach - have been trying to do mindless things but my wits are actually pretty ok on the low level of meds I'm on. Today will try another approach and read a book I actually WANT to read and perhaps try to learn a thing or two...hoping that's the ticket to keeping my hind end in my chair.
 
Today will try another approach and read a book I actually WANT to read and perhaps try to learn a thing or two...hoping that's the ticket to keeping my hind end in my chair.
Gosh, I wish I could have read after my BTKR---I was too zonked out from the pain meds---or I was at PT or at OT while in rehab.
 
Maggie, glad your rehab is so nice. I agree why go home lol. I guess it will get old soon but enjoy it while you can. You deserve to be well taken care of. :flwrysmile:
 
Sounds like I missed out not being sent off to a rehab facility! Glad you're being taken care of. With three squares, good therapy and rest, they should have you up and tap dancing in no time.
 
Morning Maggie - how are you today? I woke up again with that burning pain in my heel overnight and moving the pillow didn't work like it usually does - for some reason I recalled the eye mask I keep in case my husband stays up really late reading - anyway it's a hot/cold deal so has tiny little balls of whatever in it so I put it under my heel and it felt amazing! Might be worth having something like that on hand for when you are home with no foot massager in sight.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom