TKR Madinana Made it to knee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @madinana, stopping by to see how you are doing. Hope you are feeling better real soon. The first few weeks are tough. Sure hope you are feeling well real soon. Take it easy and make certain to get plenty of rest. I love the beautiful photos from @Nana moon 27, and [USER=15308]@tiredwife, That should cheer you up a bit. I am loving it!!. @Nana moon 27, now you be careful. Do we have to give you a little spanking. That is one way to get hubby in the kitchen though.. @madinana and the rest of you guys do have a wonderful day. :loveshwr::loveshwr:[/USER]
 
Christine @chestnc

? Should you be sound asleep at this time. It's 9:24 am in Dublin, so it's early, early morning about 4:24/5:24 am.

I hope that it isn't pain that had you awake do early.

Try to get a few hours rest and sleep before you have to get up,for work.

Thinking of you,
Cathie
 
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
I am not starting my day off very well. I did not sleep well at all. Of course my swelling is there, my knee hurts, my thigh has swelled up spot and my ankle has a lump. I tried to massage my thigh and well that was worthless. I am defiantly retain fluid.. I took two hydrocondon 5-325 and well it did not do a thing to relieve my pain. I go to my OS tomorrow to get my I think it was 27 staples out and see what going on. I see the pa assistant but the doctor is on premises if need to see him. My husband is going to take me so he will work a half day and then Thursday to Maryland. Also the home nurse comes today I forgot and just remembered. This recovery is so different but it is not going to get me down as I am going. On a happy note my daughter lives in St Paul and they close down their street and they go all out decorating houses and have a big block party. This is what they wore
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
 
@madinana Sorry you had a rough night and have ouchies! Getting the staples out should help you feel a little better. Let us know what the doctor says. Maybe this will help! Love the photo!
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
 
@madinana Sorry you've had a rough night. Maybe you should ask your doc's PA for a different or stronger pain med? Getting the staples out should definitely help. Your daughter and family are so cute all dressed up for Halloween :) Love it! This year will be the first year we haven't been gone from home on Halloween in a long time. I love seeing all the little ones trick or treating. They usually come pretty early here, around 6 and it's all done by 7:30 at the latest but with Halloween being on a Friday this year maybe it will go on a little later.
 
@chestnc I know it will get better, I was looking at a few threads but have to go elevate. I don't think the forum advisors for either recovery on my knee gave me the recovery articles to read, but am gonna go look for them in a bit and read them. Hope your RA is at bay and having a good day
 
Laurie @madinana

Sorry to hear that you are so uncomfortable.
Hopefully, with the staples out tomorrow and maybe getting new/stronger pain medication may sort you out.

Love the family Halloween photo.

Halloween usually starts at exactly 6pm and as we changed our clocks back an hour this last weekend it will be very dark and hopefully not raining.

Even though my 3 sons are grown, I still love to see the youngsters at the door with their Halloween customs on.

Take care and hope that you find more comfort in the next few days,
Cathie
 
@madinana sorry you didn't sleep well. There must be something in the air as I didn't either for the first time since coming home. I had pain maybe from the PT. It never hurt at the time but I sure felt it later. Your daughters family is so cute in their costumes. Hope the swelling goes down and pain gets under control.
 
I don't think the forum advisors for either recovery on my knee gave me the recovery articles to read, but am gonna go look for them in a bit and read them.

Sorry you missed them! Here they are:
First are the BoneSmart mantras ....
- rest, elevate, ice and take your pain meds by the clock
- if it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physiotherapist - to do it to you
- if your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again
- if you won't die if it's not done, don't do it
- never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can go to sleep!
- be active as much as you need to be but not more than is necessary, meaning so much that you end up being in pain, exhausted or desperate to sit down or lay down!

Next is a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) thread.

And here are some very crucial articles
The importance of managing pain after a TKR and the pain chart
Myth busting: no pain, no gain
Swollen and stiff knee: what causes it?
Activity progression for TKRs

Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of TKR recovery
Energy drain for TKRs
Elevation is the key
Ice to control pain and swelling

Home physio (PT) and activity progress: suggestions
Myth busting: the "window of opportunity" in TKR
Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

And then some wise words from members who have shared their experiences ...
Where are you in recovery?? (TKR)
Five “P’s” of knee recovery
TKR: work “smarter” and not “harder”
Recovering a knee - from one who knows!
It's never too late to get more ROM!
It's worth the wait for ROM
 
This day can not get any better home health nurse did not show I put call have not gotten a call back Really wanted to have her look at my swelling as its huge and now my foot is starting to turn black and blue I just not having a good day
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
 
@madinana I think your swelling needs to get under control! ELEVATE! Call your OS and have him check it out. Mostly quit overdoing it!!!! I know you are doing too much! I have a little birdy checking on you for me, and little birdy told me you are doing way to much!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom