TKR Madinana Made it to knee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Pumpkln @tiredwife I had in home therapy today what I don't understand rom on my first knee is 120 and rom on new knee is 90 So what I am asking what does rom mean and what should it be hoping someone can explain or is their an article I can read Thanks in advance
 
Hi Laurie @madinana

Very simply ROM means Range of Motion.

What the 120 and 90 degree Flexion is how far your knee can bend back.
90 degrees to a right angle and will allow you to do most things like up & down a flight of stairs (slowly).

It's a bit like High School geometry and remembering what angles are

Connie @ConnieJOS has remarkable Flexion at 130 degrees.

I'm sure someone else will come along with a better explanation and some pictures.
Or you could Google "knee Flexion post TKR".

Cathie
 
@madinana ROM range of motion, how far you can bend and extend your leg. Your floors meet your walls at a 90 degree angle. The closer the back of your knee is to the back of your thigh the higher your ROM. 120 ROM will let you do most anything you need to do in your everyday life.
 
@madinana
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
 
Well here is my update for today I had home physical therapy and my first question was about pain rule She pretty much follow what this site says It went pretty good. The only thing I was rising from the chair and my arm slip and pulled something. The pt says ohhhhh you okay Ya it just hurts I still am having problem with swelling and tight calf and burning sensation in my knee. Almost time for pain meds thank goodness I actually slept in bed for the first time ahhhhh I am doing a little reading then ice elevate pain meds and good night lol
 
Thanks for the update @madinana, I hope your pain gets relieved soon. Mines red hot tonight so for the second night I've needed ice.

I have been laughing so much at the humour on your thread. I haven't posted but I've pressed buttons to let you know I'm around xxxx

Take care
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
I'd better watch what I post. I don't want to be having more ghostly hallucinations. I've had a room full of snakes, shadowy figures, shadowy animals, water dripping from the ceiling, vivid dreams, things that go bump in the night!!! To name but a few xxxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom